Mothering Forum banner

Introducing myself!

983 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LaLa 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to the boards and am excited by the stimulating topics and helpful information!
I am becoming a newly separated mother of two young children (challenging). Of great importance to me is the education of my children, as I am becoming an educator myself. At this time my son is in a Waldorf kindergarten where I assist. I truly enjoy the atmosphere and my son is thriving!

I am considering moving to California where there are Waldorf-inspired charter schools. My mother taught Waldorf when I was young, and I was educated in Europe. I read some of the differing opinions expressed here in the forum, and I was actually happy to see the Waldorf model being challenged. I even looked up the web-site which expresses outright it's quarrel with the Waldorf movement. Interestingly, my own feeling of the Waldorf educational model was reinforced by reading the opinions expressed against Waldorf. I have few problems with the ideas expressed in Anthroposophy, and generally feel that the benefits outweigh any negatives. I agree though, that the individual school and class teacher makes all the difference!

I am happy to find this forum,
Blessings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.