Waldorf teacher/parents ~ I want to learn some songs and stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-29-2003, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When Ds, Dh and I went to visit the local Waldorf school, they sang some lovely songs, the teacher had a trick or two to show the kids after snack (she made fireworks by squeezing the finished orange peels over a candle!!) and had some great stories ~ and we only spent about 1/2 hour there!!!!
Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find these songs, stories etc written down??? I'd love to have a little book of these things to use with Ds, especially the songs as he is really into singing and music and I am wanting to learn to play the guitar and play some children's music. Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-29-2003, 01:18 PM

There are lots orf resources for kids music. (Rise Up Singing, Sings Through the Year, Waldorf school songbooks, etc) Look especially for "pentatonic" songs, since that is what Waldorf schools are known for teaching to young children.
http://www.waldorflibrary.org/
You can search the online database here and get a listing of Wladorf style books for any subject.
Here's a search that I did there for music:
http://www.waldorflibrary.org/reports.asp
#3 of 4 Old 06-29-2003, 04:08 PM

You could also see if the school has a lending library. Many do and have books and books of songs and festivals.

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#4 of 4 Old 06-30-2003, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you ~ That website is great!!!!!!! So much to buy, so little money!!!!! Great idea about the lending library too bathrobe goddess!!!!!!
Thanks again

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page