Please help me strategize--kindergarten issues (already!) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
WHO sends a KINDERGARTENER to the office?!?! WTH?
Try a two year old. Sent to the office and made to 'sign' an incident statement to bring home (a tear stained form with a pencil squiggle across the bottom). Because she was 'refusing' to sit still during circle time while the teacher lectured about civil service workers.

No, I'm not making this up. I wish I were.
#62 of 66 Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed View Post
Try a two year old. Sent to the office and made to 'sign' an incident statement to bring home (a tear stained form with a pencil squiggle across the bottom). Because she was 'refusing' to sit still during circle time while the teacher lectured about civil service workers.

No, I'm not making this up. I wish I were.
OMG. I thought kinder was bad enough!

Who the .... ugh. Some ppl do not need to work with children.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#63 of 66 Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Many, many teacher ed porgrams promote this style of rewards and punishment. It makes me sad.

I am so sorry your son is having such a rough experience.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#64 of 66 Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
OMG. I thought kinder was bad enough!

Who the .... ugh. Some ppl do not need to work with children.
I reported it to the state licensing bureau (after pulling her out and putting her in a Montessori preschool). They agreed and did a formal investigation.
#65 of 66 Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed View Post
I reported it to the state licensing bureau (after pulling her out and putting her in a Montessori preschool). They agreed and did a formal investigation.
You know, I went to bed last night thinking about your poor little girl. My niece is 2. I couldn't IMAGINE someone treating her so poorly and like she had ANY sense of responsibility over something so STUPID as sitting during circle time. It infuriated me and made me so sad for your girl!

I'm glad you reported it. People who treat children so poorly should be in another line of work. Ds' kinder teacher that had such a problem w/ him -- her previous job was Juvenile Probation Officer.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#66 of 66 Old 08-31-2007, 12:28 AM

OP - good for you advocating for your child. Maybe the school can't do everything for everyone, but you can certainly advocate for your child. Good luck! I would never expect rules to be bent and changed for my child, even though he probably needs it , but I think you are correct that this is not about him following the rules, you want him to follow the rules, but the method used. I think it will harm him to be treated this way, and that would be so sad.

I am heart broken over the two year old and the tear stained paper with the squiggle. I am so glad you did something!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page