Kindergarten language screening test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am wondering if anyone has access to this test or something similar.. My daughter who is now in grade one is haveing a tough time.. i still have some questions for her teacher about whne this test was given.. It seemed like the kindgarten teacher just gave up on my daughter and now I am pressing to get answers and some how get my daughter caught up..

anyways it says that she scored 2 (1 is the worst and 9 is the best)

Thanks Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I would go into the office and talk to the principal if the teacher has been unresponsive and if the principal doesn't help demand to see her school file, BOTH files, the school file and the cum file (cumulative file) and the tests results should be in there. From there you can ask to see the tests and look at where she's having problems so you know where to start from.

Seriously?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 AM

I agree with Satori. In my experience, if a parent really wants to be involved in their child's learning experience at school, you really really have to push - insist on meeting with teachers, etc. Insist on seeing files/past testing.

Insist on sitting down with a teacher to find out what they are doing with your daughter, where she is right now, where she needs to be, and how you can both work together to make sure she gets there.

I think you just have to be a pushy parent - and that's OK. It's what's best for your child...hang in there. I know it can be frustrating.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 AM

There are a few language screening tests, so you will need to find out which one they used. I would also question "what" they are using the test and score for and how it will affect your daughters schooling.

As a tool they can be helpful, but overall I would question the validity of the test and how it was administered.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 PM

They should have given you the results, not just a number, of the tests they did.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responces..

Ya, We switched schools because we just didn't like the policies of the other schools.. I am very active with my daughters grade one teacher..

I was just suprised that we didn't get word of this in kindgarten and why she wouldn't get the extra help in kindgarten..

If it makes things easier I am in canada..

How I found out these results is that the grade one teacher made a application for the school board to get my daughter extra funding for the extra help..

I am glad I have found a teacher that is willing to do her part to correct this situation..

We will see what happens next
Thanks
Lisa

User Tag List