Holy cow... this "whole day" sickness is just too much - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not felt this nauseous since I was expecting my first daughter 10.5 years ago!!

I was really not thinking it would be so bad so early, specially after having relatively easy morning sickness-wise pregnancies in between.

The worst part? I need to cook for 5 little kids, and I can't even stand the thought of food - let alone the smell

I was feeling so clever and smart the other pregnancies (not the first) because I thought I had found the solution: eat protein and don't allow yourself to get hungry. Well, that probably helps some people, but now I know that the reason it worked between baby 2 and 5, was because I was just lucky.

Arghhhhhhh
And puking just makes it worse!
And I am just a little bit over 7 weeks!

Thanks for letting me vent...
#2 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 AM

I was the age of you oldest when my mom was pregnant with her 5th (and her worst morning sickness). We still joke about "cooking" bread, brownies etc in the microwave...trying to make ice cream...etc etc lol...my mom says all she did pretty much is lay in bed--but, none of us really remember that...we just remember silly stories of what we did with our "freedom" lol.

Sorry you are feeling so sick..try not to fret too much about what you need to get done--let you 10 and 9yo kids help out a little extra...believe me, they may complain, but, in the long run they won't remember being "burdened." GL mama.
#3 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 AM

This all day sickness is for the birds! I have nausea all day...just like I did with my first. It kicked in at 5.3 weeks, which means I've got 6 more weeks of this!!!!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
#4 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 12:27 PM

I haven't actually thrown up (yet). . but I feel almost constantly nauseous and there are many gag moments. Finding food to eat is a challenge.

The thing about it all that is really kicking me on the butt is that I never had m/s with any of my other pregnancies. SO why does it have to happen now when I've got 2 little ones to take care of and (gag) feed. I've been happy that my ds has been pooping in the morning when daddy is still home to change his diaper

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#5 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 PM

I am an all day sicky too. I get a 2 hour break between 6-8pm which is nice because I can be fairly normal while putting my little ones to bed and eat a real-ish dinner. But it is back by 8:30 or so and constant even thru the night, I try to lay very still.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#6 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 PM

I'm on and off all day. sometimes i wake up and i'm fine and by 10 i'm dying by lunch i'm fine by dinner back to sickness. Today was the opposite. I want to lay down and go to sleep and wake up in a couple of weeks.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#7 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm there too. I'm so sick of this. I'm seeing my MW today for a vitamin B injection. I have high hopes...

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#8 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 03:50 PM

You're not alone. I've always had nausea all day when I was pregnant but it's worse this time around. Not sure if I'm feeling my age or it's just the pregnancy.
I usually don't throw up every day but lately I have been and I hate that.
I can't imagine another 6 weeks of this!

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#9 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 04:57 PM

For the past few weeks, I've been on and off with m/s throughout the day. I feel like the last few days have been worse. I haven't puked... yet. As soon as I get home from work, all I want to do is lay down. I'm relying on the crock pot for dinner alot lately. Smelling/handling food is a bad idea. I'm at 6.5 weeks. How long is m/s supposed to last?
#10 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbarr1174 View Post
For the past few weeks, I've been on and off with m/s throughout the day. I feel like the last few days have been worse. I haven't puked... yet. As soon as I get home from work, all I want to do is lay down. I'm relying on the crock pot for dinner alot lately. Smelling/handling food is a bad idea. I'm at 6.5 weeks. How long is m/s supposed to last?
I was just wondering how long myself. I can't remember with either of my other 2. Is that awful? I'm sure it's different for everyone, but there must be an average.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#11 of 22 Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM

It's supposed to ease somewhere between 12 and 14 weeks for most people.

I don't know if something is wrong with the baby or if I'm getting lucky but the symptoms are coming and going for me. It hasn't been too awful most of the time, although I'm getting very sick sometimes too. The fatigue is killing me.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#12 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 AM

Yep, me, too. Off and on all day, and sometimes the middle of the night -- even four in the morning!

I've tried to keep myself fed... but I'm still hungry. Guess I need to work on that.

- Born 7/21/09
#13 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM

It's on and off all day for me too and it was for both of my dds too. I have "green" moments where I need to lay my head down and now my dd2 13 months does it along with me.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#14 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 11:27 AM

I haven't been nauseous really or vomiting yet, but I have had some extreme food aversions. Is that how morning sickness starts? I'm trying to prepare for it. We have a history of it in our family and I get motion sickness easily, so I'm pretty sure I'm a prime candidate.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#15 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 11:39 AM

Big giant hugs to all you poor mamas!! I always get the all day sickness too, and I am dreading it. For me, it usually starts right at 6 weeks. I am just over 4 weeks and am already feeling the beginning of it. I am dreading it, but at the same time I know that it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy.

I have been almost totally cooking from scratch lately, but I don't think I"ll be able to keep that up once the sickies hit. I am trying to tell myself not to feel guilty about buying healthy-ish pre-made stuff from Trader Joe's. I bet my kids will be eating a lot of grilled cheese and mac and cheese too, which they'll love, but I'll feel bad about.

HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. It won't last forever.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#16 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, what is up with the middle of the night nausea? I have been dreaming I have a hang over or have food poisoning, and when I wake up I realize it is because I had been nauseous.

I hate how pregnancy makes me feel debilitated for 6 months: first trimesters exhausted and naseous, and third trimester in pain and barely mobile. Arghhhh!
Don't get me wrong, I love feeling the baby move, giving birth and having a baby, but I swear that I have been paying for all my sins with each pregnancy. It is a nightmare.

Ok, vent over! LOL
At least the second trimester is fun with the super high sex drive, full of energy and beginning to feel the baby move.
#17 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Ugh, tell me about it... I feel sick all day long, from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. The worst is feeling hungry but gagging every time I try to eat something.

Pretty much everything except for bread and potatoes makes me feel like being sick. I can't even stand to think about eggs, dairy, or sweets. Gag! I've actually started to lose a bit of weight because I've been eating so little. :

I just feel so silly because before getting pregnant, I was worried about whether or not my vegetarian diet would cause any problems. Now I just WISH I could eat a normal vegetarian diet-- or *any* normal diet, for that matter. I don't see how I'm going to live off of mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for the next couple of months...
#18 of 22 Old 11-20-2008, 05:21 PM

I'm feeling it today, too. Bleh! It's the first day that I really sat on the sofa most of the morning, but my kids loved it. They got to veg out with me and watch Noggin and Jon & Kate + 8.

Just the thought of most food makes me nauseous right now. I hope that doesn't last long. All I could bring myself to have for lunch was a big green smoothie, but it felt good to get all of that goodness in me... and Maya shared it with me.
#19 of 22 Old 11-21-2008, 03:56 AM

Ugh, me too.

I wonder- does anyone find that just letting yourself throw up helps?

I try not to because I hate it so very much! But I'm starting to think I just need to let it out when I can. ugh.
#20 of 22 Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am 5 weeks today and have been sick, sick, sick for about 3 days. As in, I can barely move my head or I will start gagging violently. I haven't actually vomited, but I almost wish I would! I have never, in all 3 of my past pregnancies, felt even close to this sick, ever. I am sort of happy about it, as my last pregnancy was a m/c and I feel like this little one is nice and sticky. But I work as a midwife and I need to be attentive, focused and healthy!

Sorry to all you sicky mamas!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#21 of 22 Old 11-21-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkiewoman View Post
Ugh, me too.

I wonder- does anyone find that just letting yourself throw up helps?

I try not to because I hate it so very much! But I'm starting to think I just need to let it out when I can. ugh.
I posted a thread about this a while ago.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=998055

My personal experience (all 2 1/2 weeks of it) is that if I'm going to throw up I can't stop it, and if I'm not I can't make myself. I don't really get a say in whether or not I throw up, although I can hold it off for 10-15 minutes if need be.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#22 of 22 Old 11-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Hello ladies,

I can definitely understand what you are experiencing. I am seven weeks pregnant, and for the last two weeks, I've had chronic nausea. I can't throw up, and I agree that I wish I could, because I could at least get some relief.

My worry is that I can barely stomach water, let alone food. I'm worried that my baby is not getting adequate nutrients during this critical growth period. I've tried everything, from peppermint to herbal tea, from Pregnancy Pops and Pregnancy Ginger ale, which is infused with extra Vitamin B6 and ginger, and I get very little relief.

I know I have several more weeks of this, and I know it will be worth it because of my beloved precious child. But it is debilitating, being sick to your stomach all the time.

I have an appointment with my OB this Wednesday, and I want to see if he can prescribe Zofran (Category B, so it's safe for pregnancy). It is supposed to be strong enough to work for chemotherapy patients with nausea. I hope my doctor is willing to prescribe it.

I am also dreading Thanksgiving. I feel badly about that because it is my niece's first Thanksgiving.

Sorry to ramble. I hope all of you feel better soon and have healthy babies.

God bless you,
Kristin

Kristin, wife of Chris (married 07/14/07) . Mommie to Aiden Taylor (12/05/08 at 8 weeks 5 days). Godmother to my angels on Earth, nieces Charlotte (born 01/30/06) and Chloe (born 07/25/08).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page