PG after Infertility/Loss - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shantiani, I am sorry you are feeling so nervous. PAL is tough. But you did see a HB, that is a great sign!

Seedlings, thank you for your kind words. I hope your u/s went well!

Mine did, we saw the HB! Both my losses this year ended before this. The first was a blighted ovum. I didn't find out about the second one and had to induce a m/c at 10 weeks, the baby had stopped developing at 6w.

I was 7w2d yesterday and the HB was 162 bpm!

The weird thing is, they did the u/s abdominally, not vaginally! I thought htey couldn't do that this early so I had even emptied my bladder shortly before the appointment. However we saw the bean right away and the heartbeat flickering away just a few seconds later. She did say it was easier to see because I "don't have much fat". Goddess bless that u/s technician!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM

Veganmama, that's so great!!!!!
I'm very, very happy for you and the little

I tried to remember my little hb while lying in bed last night. I tried to visualize it beating at that moment, tucked safely away in its cozy little uterus. It helped a little.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
shantiani, I am sorry you are feeling so nervous. PAL is tough. But you did see a HB, that is a great sign!

Seedlings, thank you for your kind words. I hope your u/s went well!

Mine did, we saw the HB! Both my losses this year ended before this. The first was a blighted ovum. I didn't find out about the second one and had to induce a m/c at 10 weeks, the baby had stopped developing at 6w.

The weird thing is, they did the u/s abdominally, not vaginally! I thought htey couldn't do that this early so I had even emptied my bladder shortly before the appointment. However we saw the bean right away and the heartbeat flickering away just a few seconds later. She did say it was easier to see because I "don't have much fat". Goddess bless that u/s technician!
Hooray!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 PM

Yeah for heartbeats!

I am feeling pretty panic-y. I have not had any symptoms the last couple days...no need to pee constantly, no nauseousness, no weird food aversions, no sore boobs. Nothing! We are currently moving. We packed up all our stuff, loaded a truck on Sun, closed on our house yesterday and moved in with my brother and his family... a lot has been going on so I am not sure if I have been too busy to feel pregnant or what.

I really just don't "feel" pregnant anymore. When I m/c before, I knew I m/c before I had any bleeding or cramping...I could just tell. I sort of feel that way now, its just hard to tell because I am so stressed with the move too (maybe I felt this way with my pregnancies with my two DDs too, I just can't remember if I had "false alarm" m/c feelings).

I am 9w3d. When I went to the midwife last week, we didn't even try to hear a HB. I feel stressed, scared and sad!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Yay for seeing that beautiful heartbeat! I had two very similar m/c to yours this year (one blighted ovum, one stopped developing at 5w but I didn't know until 9w and had a D&C). It's so very reasurring to see the heartbeat - I almost wish I could look at it weekly for constant reassurance!

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 AM

Oh Mama_Michelle, I'm sorry. The uncertainty and stressful symptom-searching is the worst. A different routine and activity level could definitely be effecting how you feel though.... I hope that's all it is.

Can you go back to your MW? You should have a good chance of hearing the HB now if you're at 10wks. Just tell her you're worried and want a quick check up to listen for it!

Keep us posted on those symptoms. Maybe they start fading or changing as you're nearing the 2nd tri??? I have no idea since I've never (successfully) made it that far, but it sounds like a reasonable theory
As a matter of fact... now that I say that... don't hcg levels peak between 8-11 weeks and then start tapering off? Maybe you're starting to feel the tapering.
Hang in there. My fingers are crossed for you. :

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Mama_Michelle, hang in there. We couldn't hear the HB through doppler with my kids until my 14 weeks appointment. We tried at 11 weeks but it was a no go. But I had anterior placenta both times.
I think symptoms can start abating though as you get close tot he 2nd trimester.
I am sorry you are worrying though, I know how terrible that feels.

I am glad to know all you mmas, it sounds like we have very similar experiences.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I am trying to stay optimistic. Still no pg symptoms to speak of...but nothing to indicate a m/c either.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Michelle View Post
I am 9w3d. When I went to the midwife last week, we didn't even try to hear a HB. I feel stressed, scared and sad!
It would be pretty unlikely to hear the HB with a doppler at your gestational age. Most midwives don't even try because lots of mamas get disappointed/worried, but I think they should discuss it and offer mamas the choice, on the off chance that they might hear it.

Put good thoughts into your little one's heart beating inside you!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Mama_Michelle, I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hopefully it is just a nice, laid back baby in there making early pregnancy easy on you. I know how scary it is though. and positive, sticky thoughts your way.

I have an appointment with an OB next Thursday. I will deliver at home, but I need to go see this guy again to get more Progesterone. I know he will want to do an ultrasound, and I am 95% sure that I will go for it. I bet he'll want to do a bunch of bloodwork too though and I'm going to opt out of that if possible. I'm nervous for the appointment.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:30 PM

I was really stressed for the last several weeks, but for some reason, the past few days I've achieved some peace. DH & I discussed what we would do if I have a miscarriage, and we are agreed we likely won't try again. I thought this would make me sad, but right now, I'm just so glad to think by Wednesday, I'll either see the heartbeat or I won't, and then I can either get happy about the pregnancy or focus on my daughter and stop feeling like crap and feeling so much anxiety.

Plus, I'm still incredibly symptom-ridden, and while I'm trying to remember if I lost my symptoms when I miscarried, I can't. So one day at a time.

:for all the heart-beating seeing and hearing mamas and all the strong babies!

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mama_Michelle, how are you doing?

sarahsmiles - I'm glad that you have some peace about it.

I have a mw appt tomorrow.. I'll be 10w6d, and I REALLY want to hear that hb!! The signs are good, I've been gaggy and exhausted, no spotting, etc. But it's just so hard to not KNOW what's going on in there! I am undecided about an NT scan but am thinking I should just do it, for my own peace of mind.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 PM

I am doing OK. I have decided to try not to stress about it. I have not had many moments of feeling pregnant but every now and again I feel nauseous! I am hoping things are OK. I go to the MW next Tues but I might try to go the end of this week just to hear the heartbeat. I am only 10w2d so I am not sure we would be able to find it anyway.
I really appreciate the kind words, it helps to know other women understand how stressful these early weeks of pregnancy can be!

sarahsmiles - I am glad you have found peace too.

chrissy - good luck at your appt.

songibrd - I really hope you hear the hb too. I am going to do the NT scan and other first trimester screening next week. I did it with both my DDs. I am of "advanced maternal age" - I just love than saying! - so it gave me lots of peace of mind. Not sure how old you are!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

We heard the heartbeat! I could listen to it all day. In fact, I might; the mw suggested I record it so dh can hear.

She didn't mention anything about an NT scan, and I decided not to ask. I'll be seeing her every 4 weeks, and the "big" ultrasound is at 19 weeks. Every time I feel nauseous and horrible I think I'll pull out the recording of the heartbeat...

Old 12-16-2008, 01:48 PM

I had my NT scan yesterday. It was surreal to see the little arms and legs kicking about. And the heartbeating. It's all much more real now.

The scan showed that I'm measuring about a week ahead of where I think I am. (Although to be honest I wasn't paying much attention to my last 2 cycles, so anything is possible)

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

yay!!! it's so exciting to get that confirmation that there's an actual BABY in there! The midwife totally laughed at the expression on my face when we found the heartbeat. I got all big-eyed and said, "it's a BABY!"

Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM

songbird and bemommy-
That's so exciting! Real babies with real heartbeats! :

Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 PM

ugh. i had a very realistic miscarriage dream last night. i hate the fact that so much of the pregnancy has already been spent in worry and doubt and secrecy. not like the first two before the m/c. i keep telling myself there's nothing i can do and an u/s won't change things. only time will tell.

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
Old 12-17-2008, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

try to put it out of your mind. I know whenever I've had dreams like that it's ruined my whole day. My bad dreams are always about being a horrible negligent parent, that lets their kid be killed though.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Good morning mamas. I am so happy to hear all the happy news about heartbeats on the thread lately.

Also, major hugs to all the mamas who are struggling with pregnancy after loss.
I just can't bring myself to believe (after 16 months of TTC and 2 losses) that this baby might actually make it some days. Today is one of those days.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 PM

Songbird and Bemommy - yeah for real growing babies! :

Freezehead Those dreams are horrible.

Veganmama719 - I am glad its one of those good days! I am thinking positive thoughts for you.

I can't wait to hear a heartbeat next week! I want to join the heartbeat-hearing mamas!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM

HEARTBEAT!!! 170. YEAH!!!

It was amazing, the difference between this ultrasound and the last one. I guess the miscarried baby must have stopped growing at around 6 weeks or so. This baby looked like a BABY! Only 2 centimeters, but everything looks good. I am so grateful and relieved, and happy to join the heartbeat club! :::

Beth.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Beth, that is awesome!! :

My appointment is tomorrow afternoon, and I am nervous.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:16 AM

Beth - yeah! That's wonderful! :

Chrissy - Good luck tomorrow! I can understand your nervousness. I feel that way too and my appt is not until next Tues.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:56 PM

:

1 perfectly growing, perfectly beating hearted baby!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:03 PM

Yeah chrissy!!!!

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM

It's time I posted an update to my message #42... at the first u/s, the doc couldn't find a heartbeat. I had to create an emotional distance between myself and whatever was inside me. A couple of days after that, I started some spotting and cramping. I was ready to m/c if that's the way it was going to go. Then it stopped and I started getting really nauseous and tired... I've felt that way ever since.

I had my follow up u/s yesterday and we found a heartbeat this time. It was what I needed to see and hear.

After trying to get PG with my DD for 5-1/2 years, this time it only took 4 months and it just seemed too easy! I was expecting it to take a LONG time to get PG again. I'm still feeling a little superstitious, but this baby seems to want to stick around.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
Old 12-18-2008, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

chrissy and majorsky - YAY!!!! :

Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
:

1 perfectly growing, perfectly beating hearted baby!
Wonderful news!

And great news, Kristin, too. That "emotional distance" is hard to maintain. Hopefully you'll feel more confident now that you've seen that lovely heartbeat!

Beth.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Yay, I am loving all the awesome news on this thread!!!

I don't have another u/s until 12w2d on January 12th but I am feeling pretty yucky so I am going to assume everything is still going as it should!

User Tag List