PG after Infertility/Loss - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 02-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Freezehead, I've had the vivid mc dreams, too. Awful.

Just signing in here because I am part of this group, too. People keep asking me how I'm going to have the birth (since I had a c-seciton for #1), and I'm like, dude. I'm kinda focusing on keeping this one in for a while. I am not concerned yet with how (s)he comes out!

Ah-- regarding the amnio. I am 38 so I know it's recommended, but my plan is this: we all start out with those genetic imperfection stats based on our age (1 in 600 for a Down's Syndrome baby, etc.). I am going in for the second half of my integrated screening (ie, blood test #2) on Thursday. Based on that, my age stats will either improve or worsen. My thinking is that if my stats improve to the same 1-in-whatever chance as the mc rate for an amnio, I won't have the amnio. If it is worse, I probably WILL get the amnio.

If there is a problem, I'd like to know now and be prepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 166 Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 AM

I got my amnio results today - a clean bill of health! Woohoo! It's such a relief to have definite results, at least for what the amnio reveals. I'm really starting to enjoy the pregnancy - regular movement, big tummy, all healthy so far. It's so wonderful, after 2 m/c, to be this far along with all good news! I just might have to celebrate with a little shopping trip for some baby stuff.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#153 of 166 Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 AM

Pavlovs, that's great news! Yeah! :

I am really enjoying things now too. I feel the babe move regularly, which I love. I am feeling a lot more connected.
#154 of 166 Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Yay Pavlovs! My quad screen came back "negative" whatever that means, so I guess I will not ask any questions and not worry about it.

I wanna feel movement!!! Every so often I feel something that may be the baby, but may not be. Sometimes I feel something that I think is the baby but turns out to be my own pulse (as evidenced by its coordination with my heartbeat). Even the stuff that might be the baby doesn't feel like "bubbles" or "flutters" it feels like pushing or pulsing (like the pulse) except it's not regular. It's just one and then it goes away.

I don't have a belly yet either, at 19 weeks. Still in all my normal clothes, although I do have to unbutton my jeans at this point. I have a midwife appointment in about 20 minutes though, so I do get to hear the heartbeat soon. I could really use more outward evidence that I'm still pregnant though!

ETA: back from the midwife! the baby is alive and kicking! Also, I love my midwife. I'm so excited that I (randomly, and by pure chance) picked someone who is so awesome.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#155 of 166 Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Ow, yay for everyone's good news! I am still waiting for my screening results even though I did the last blood test 9 days ago!

Not feeling movement yet either (anterior placenta AGAIN) but did hear the HB last week at the midwife's office.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#156 of 166 Old 02-12-2009, 01:45 AM

Thanks great news Songbird! I have to say, even though I love my preggo stomach, I'm a bit envious at those of you who are maintaining thinness while I'm blowing up like a balloon. If I am not actively dieting, which clearly I am not while pregnant, then I gain weight, even if I'm eating the right kinds of carbs and not too much bad food. It's frustrating! I know I'm going to have a lot of work to do (read: dieting) after July, and at age 39 it's not so easy to get the weight to come off.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#157 of 166 Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 AM

: Songbird, yeah! I am happy for you!
#158 of 166 Old 02-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Hey Ladies- I know I"m here a bit late, but -- well-- here I am. I had a m/c at 5 weeks in 2006. Now that I'm pregnant again (due in July)- I have been having really severe anxiety. Right now I'm terrified that something is wrong. I don't know, just a feeling. I'm going to see if I can get into the doctor today, just to hear a heartbeat. Deep down, I'm sure everything is fine, but still. Ugh.
#159 of 166 Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 PM

How did it go Erinid?

I am back from Cuba and I now can feel the baby moving! "Big" u/s next week at 19w5d. had to reschedule as DH is out of town this week.

#160 of 166 Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 PM

Hi ladies. I'm checking in to say that things are moving along here. I found out that I'm growing Baker's little brother. Everything looks groovy so far, but it did last time, too. Just taking it day by day. I'm scheduled for a repeat C/S on July 13. It feels strange to know the birthday ahead of time.

Mama to brokenheart.gif Baker, lost in labor April 2008 at 41 weeks, and rainbow1284.gifAlden, born screaming July 2009, and a new sweet pea due Feb 2012

#161 of 166 Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 PM

Dalene- So sorry for your loss of Baker--I can't even fathom that kind of loss and the hole that it would leave. Glad to hear that his little brother is doing good. I will pray for him to continue to grow strong and healthy, and for you and your husband to have a sense of peace throughout the rest of the pregnancy. (I know it's hard.) :
#162 of 166 Old 02-24-2009, 10:59 PM

erinid - I understand the anxiety, I have experienced quite a bit this pregnancy. I am generally able to keep the positive thoughts in my mind but every now and again I am overwhelmed with fear.

Dalene - I think about you often. I pray for your family and am very happy that everything looks good with your babe.
#163 of 166 Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 PM

:::

After the stress of possible m/c, then the worry about possible chromosomal abnormalities, I have been a nervous wreck this whole pregnancy.

Today, we had the "20 week ultrasound" (although I'm not quite 19) and they saw no reason to worry about trisomy 13 or 18. Everything looks good. I'm so happy and grateful.

For the first time since I saw the line on the test, I am feeling just plain joy about being pregnant. I remember it being like this when I was pregnant with my daughter, with no reason to suspect the worst.

Anyway, just had to share with people who understand!

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
#164 of 166 Old 03-02-2009, 06:41 PM

Yay! For good news and feeling secure. Hoping for calm and uneventful pregnancies for everyone. ::

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#165 of 166 Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM

Yay for good news Dalene and Beth, I am so happy for you both.

My "big" u/s is on Thursday. Screening was negative so I decided to forgo the ammnio. Feeling lots of movement now.

#166 of 166 Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsmiles View Post
For the first time since I saw the line on the test, I am feeling just plain joy about being pregnant. I remember it being like this when I was pregnant with my daughter, with no reason to suspect the worst.
I totally understand. I have my 20 week u/s next Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to it for the same reason!

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page