Anyone with gender feelings yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2008, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If this baby is not a girl I will eat my hat. I've been having strong "it's a girl" feelings since I found out I was pregnant and probably longer--I had a dream about a week before I found out I was pregnant that I had a baby girl. Daddy also thinks it's a girl and we call her "she" already. (yes, we do plan on finding out )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 AM

I have no idea, really. Sometimes I call it a he and sometimes I call it a she. My dh says it's a boy and my mom says it's a girl. We'll find out in about 14 weeks or so!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
Old 11-22-2008, 11:23 AM

I keep thinking girl, but I really want a girl, so that might be influencing it.

Last time, I thought it was a boy, and I turned out to be right, so I am 1 for 1. Last time, when I went in for my 20 wk U/S, the tech told me that the moms almost always know.

love.gif

Old 11-22-2008, 11:23 AM

I definitely have a boy feeling.

Alicewyf: doula, wife to DH, and mama to Lillian (7/09) and Daniel (6/12).
Old 11-22-2008, 11:54 AM

I really don't have a feeling, but have been stressed about not having boy names that I really like, so maybe that means something. I didn't have a strong feeling with my DD, either, though if pressed I would say "girl".

I have no real preference, either.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
Old 11-22-2008, 12:56 PM

DH and I have both caught ourselves calling him/her a "he" so far. The Chinese prediction chart says a girl though. I have no gut feeling about it yet.

DH does have a 3+ generation pattern of Boy-Girl-Boy. So, he's pretty positive we will be having a boy for #1. As the youngest girl, I will say I really liked having an older brother to look out for me......either way I'm just WAY happy to finally be having this experience!!:

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
Old 11-22-2008, 01:09 PM

After having 3 boys I seriously can't even imagine having a girl. I will be very happy with either. I have not had gender feelings, but I do keep getting the impression that there are two. Again I will be very happy either way. It will be a long while before I know. We will only have an u's if it is medically indicated.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think girl. But that might just be because I want a girl (I have two boys already). Ds#1 insists there is no way he can have another brother, it HAS to be sister, but he's been lobbying for a sister for a while so who knows.

I'll find out in July when this LO comes out!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM

I have a feeling it's a boy and I was right with my other LOs, but we'll see!
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Did anyone try for a specific gender? I did.

I used Taking Charge of Your Fertility as a guide and tried for a boy. My DH and I would be totally OK with having another girl, but I wanted to see if we could succeed at having one of each. But we won't know for sure until the day it's born because we've decided to keep it a surprise again.

I suspect I'll call it "him" and "he" all the way up to delivery since I was trying for a boy...

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
Old 11-22-2008, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I absolutely think this baby is a boy, and feel totally comfortable saying "he" when referring to him. I had a m/c the cycle before I conceived this little one, and felt strongly I was expecting a boy. I feel like it's the same "baby" that I'm pregnant with now.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:40 PM

No! And it's driving me nuts! With DS I *knew* he was a boy. Part of it though was likely the timing (with him, we dtd the day of O and the day before). This time it would have been several days before and so I have no clue and no strong feelings :

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 11-22-2008, 03:06 PM

With my daughter I knew she was a girl from the bfp, this time I don't know. It worries me because with my m/c I didn't have a feeling. Maybe my mommy intuition is wearing out. haha

I kind of want a girl just because my daughter might disown a boy.... haha! I have been more inclined to look at boy names so maybe I am in denial!

We will find out. I shouldn't because my sis n law just had twins, a boy and a girl so I don't have to worry about shopping ahead of time, but I can't stand the suspense!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Old 11-22-2008, 03:51 PM

I'm thinking we're having a boy. After DD was born DH and I both felt our family wasn't complete and to me it felt like there was another boy who wanted to join our family. The other night my six year old said "Mommy, when you have a baby again and it's a boy can we play with him?" During my last pregnancy my oldest DS kept talking about his sister, even before we found out. I'm planning on finding out what we're having.

Married to my DH geek.gif and Mom to DS (10) fencing.gif DS (9), DD (4) dust.gif, DS (2) diaper.gif and  stork-girl.gif in June.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:03 PM

No clue this time and I'm really not trying to pick up any vibes, but I'm so excited to find out! I really want a girl, but DH has made 2 boys already so odds aren't in our favour.

That being said, with DS I was positive he was a girl! I mean, even after the ultrasound I couldn't hardly believe it and thought I wouldn't be surprised if it was wrong somehow....I was that certain, but nope, out he came a definite "he".

loving a small homestead with DH and DS (12/2005) keeping it natural, frugal and back to basics :
Old 11-22-2008, 04:37 PM

GIRL!

I'm not totally sure, of course. But myself, DH, ALL my friends all say they think it's a girl. I am only drawn to a girl name, and no boy name feels right at all.

I am planning on finding out too. I can't (don't want to) wait until birth.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 11-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
No! And it's driving me nuts! With DS I *knew* he was a boy. Part of it though was likely the timing (with him, we dtd the day of O and the day before). This time it would have been several days before and so I have no clue and no strong feelings :
TCOYF says you'd have a 70% chance of a girl in that case... I knew immediately with my last PG that I was having a girl because we BD four days before I O'd.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsky View Post
TCOYF says you'd have a 70% chance of a girl in that case... I knew immediately with my last PG that I was having a girl because we BD four days before I O'd.

Kristin
Good to know. It's been a long time since I read the book on choosing your baby's sex so I didn't realize it's that high. I guess we'll work on the girl names and mentally prepare. I think DH is scared to have a girl...too emotional

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 11-22-2008, 10:56 PM

I'm thinking girl. Or not boy is more accurate.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 11-23-2008, 02:55 AM

I have a feeling I am having a boy. I thought I was last time, and I was wrong, so we'll see. I will be happy either way (but I am hoping for a girl!)

Loving my DH and my two active little girls (9/06), (6/09). Anticipating a new bundle of joy (7/11).
Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM

I have a very strong feeling that this one is a girl. Maybe it is just wishful thinking. I already have two boys and the guest room (which would be the baby room) is already decorated very girly. However, who knows. I really want a girl, but if I end up with another boy, the world's not over. I will end up spending a lot less $ if I have another boy, since our house is TOTALLY boy, we have no girly stuff at all other than a play kitchen and some stuffed animals.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:48 PM

I am feeling its a girl but I have two girls and really can't picture myself with a boy. I would be happy with either but we have such a girly house now, its hard for me to imagine a boy.

I sort of always felt I would have 3 girls. I had lots of girl feelings with DD1, especially near the end. And from before I got the bfp, I knew DD2 was a girl. So I am 2 for 2, but I feel less certain this time. Although, its really hard to remember. Maybe my earlier girl feelings have just become more certain since I found out they were right!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM

i have always had this feeling that i'd have two girls, then two boys. i've even dreamed about it. so far, three out of four have followed that pattern. i will be very surprised, but equally as delighted, if this baby is a girl.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 PM

I have thought long before I got pregnant that my next one would be a girl. I still think I'm going to have a girl. I'd be happy with a boy, but for some reason, I just think the baby will be a girl which I am also quite happy with

We will have to come back to this thread once we start having our babies to see which predictions came true!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 PM

I'm having a boy feeling. I was hoping for a girl (not that I'll be happier either way when the LO is here, of course!), but for some reason I'm feeling boy. I can't wait to find out!

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

Old 11-27-2008, 06:32 PM

I have never had a feeling with any of my pregnancies, but my DH is always right. He says I've got twin girls in here now, and my mother says 1 girl - - so we'll just have to wait and see
Old 11-28-2008, 04:21 AM

Umm, I think I knew right away. When I conceived I was feeling like "I ovulated yesterday" so my first feeling was really 'boy'. Someone later pointed out to me that you can actually pass the boy window and go right back into girl. (Talkin Shettles) So now I am unsure but actually hoping for a boy (not more shopping, plus playmate for DS).
Old 11-28-2008, 09:44 AM

When I was younger I had dreams of 3 children. A girl and 2 boys. But I feel like this is another girl.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 11-28-2008, 01:59 PM

I am thinking I am having a girl

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Old 11-28-2008, 03:08 PM

I'm feeling boy, but that happened with dd1 too. I know my dh is really wishing for a boy with our house full of women, but we would be happy either way.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :

User Tag List