New here :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
My name is Cari and I'm new to this forum. I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my third after a loss in May of this year. I am nervous to say the least. This baby is SO wanted. My older kids are 7 (in 7 days) and 4 1/2 so there is quite a gap in between and we have been trying for the past 2 years. So now that it's here, every symptom is welcome and every time a symptom disappears for a while, I start to panic.
Anyone else going through this too? This morning, I woke up and my boobs weren't as sore as they have been the past week and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I'm trying not to let myself get too upset thinking about it, but it's hard.
OK, so other than that, I'm from the foothills of CA, I'm 31 years old, I homeschool, work from home, am natural minded, cloth diaper, etc. and am looking forward to sharing in everyone elses pregnancies here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 02:46 PM

Hi!!! Welcome! looking forward to getting to know you!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#3 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Nice to "meet" you, mama! You should pop over to the Pregnancy after Infertility/Loss thread, there are lots of July mamas who have been there done that, and understand the feelings you are having!

Hope you get to meet your beautiful baby in July!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#4 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 03:22 PM

: Congratulations! I understand the paranoia about pg symptoms coming and going. I hope you find some great support here.
#5 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 03:48 PM

Hi Cari and welcome! Congrats on your pregnancy. I too am a late July (25th) edd. I hope that you'll have lots of symptoms to keep your mind at ease. I am very much the same way as you are. I think that when you have had a m/c before (I've had two), it makes you extra paranoid.
#6 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 PM

HI mama! Welcome And congrats I also had a loss in may of this year

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#7 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 05:46 PM

hey there!:

oh my goodness, we have so much in common too! i'm 35, i also live in the californiat foothills (foresthill to be exact), homeschool and work from home. i do child/family photography on the weekends. what do you do? i would love to meet you sometime if you're nearby!

Christie

Vegan, homeschooling mom to my 3 boys and my girl, missing Matthew born still at 34 weeks

#8 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM

Welcome! I know how nerve-wracking it is to be pregnant after a loss.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#9 of 11 Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmom View Post
hey there!:

oh my goodness, we have so much in common too! i'm 35, i also live in the californiat foothills (foresthill to be exact), homeschool and work from home. i do child/family photography on the weekends. what do you do? i would love to meet you sometime if you're nearby!
Oh cool! You're about an hour and half from me. I'm in Ione (By the lakes). We own a clothing line and I run the operations from home. We have a 6 needle embroidery machine and then I have the occasional trips to screen printers etc. It's fun.

OH! You are a photographer. We recently purchased the XTi. Holy cow is this thing a lot to learn. We got it for the business but use it for personal use too. I'm looking into getting better lenses for it though. The kit lens is pretty crappy IMO.

Do you homeschool through a charter? Or are you on your own? We actually use Visions and love it.

It's really nice to meet everyone here. :
#10 of 11 Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmom View Post
hey there!:

Hey, I grew up near where you live! My parents still live in Nevada City (by Grass Valley... just a few miles NW of you, I think). Small world

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#11 of 11 Old 11-24-2008, 06:15 PM

shoot, i was hoping you were in *my* foothills, lol. i LOVE ione. my grandmother grew up there and my best friend still lives over there. yeah, ditch your kit lens and get yourself a cheap 50mm 1.8. it will be *worlds* better for you and it's inexpensive to boot. we are mostly unschooling but i miss the money that comes with a charter so i may go back.

shantiani, it is such a small world, wow! i love nevada city!

Christie

Vegan, homeschooling mom to my 3 boys and my girl, missing Matthew born still at 34 weeks

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page