Mothering Forum banner

New here :)

432 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  calmom 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Cari and I'm new to this forum. I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my third after a loss in May of this year. I am nervous to say the least. This baby is SO wanted. My older kids are 7 (in 7 days) and 4 1/2 so there is quite a gap in between and we have been trying for the past 2 years. So now that it's here, every symptom is welcome and every time a symptom disappears for a while, I start to panic.
Anyone else going through this too? This morning, I woke up and my boobs weren't as sore as they have been the past week and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I'm trying not to let myself get too upset thinking about it, but it's hard.
OK, so other than that, I'm from the foothills of CA, I'm 31 years old, I homeschool, work from home, am natural minded, cloth diaper, etc. and am looking forward to sharing in everyone elses pregnancies here.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice to "meet" you, mama! You should pop over to the Pregnancy after Infertility/Loss thread, there are lots of July mamas who have been there done that, and understand the feelings you are having!

Hope you get to meet your beautiful baby in July!

#5 ·
Hi Cari and welcome! Congrats on your pregnancy. I too am a late July (25th) edd. I hope that you'll have lots of symptoms to keep your mind at ease. I am very much the same way as you are. I think that when you have had a m/c before (I've had two), it makes you extra paranoid.

#7 ·
hey there!
:

oh my goodness, we have so much in common too! i'm 35, i also live in the californiat foothills (foresthill to be exact), homeschool and work from home. i do child/family photography on the weekends. what do you do? i would love to meet you sometime if you're nearby!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by calmom View Post
hey there!
:

oh my goodness, we have so much in common too! i'm 35, i also live in the californiat foothills (foresthill to be exact), homeschool and work from home. i do child/family photography on the weekends. what do you do? i would love to meet you sometime if you're nearby!
Oh cool! You're about an hour and half from me. I'm in Ione (By the lakes). We own a clothing line and I run the operations from home. We have a 6 needle embroidery machine and then I have the occasional trips to screen printers etc. It's fun.

OH! You are a photographer. We recently purchased the XTi. Holy cow is this thing a lot to learn. We got it for the business but use it for personal use too. I'm looking into getting better lenses for it though. The kit lens is pretty crappy IMO.

Do you homeschool through a charter? Or are you on your own? We actually use Visions and love it.

It's really nice to meet everyone here.
:

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by calmom View Post
hey there!
:

Hey, I grew up near where you live! My parents still live in Nevada City (by Grass Valley... just a few miles NW of you, I think). Small world

#11 ·
shoot, i was hoping you were in *my* foothills, lol. i LOVE ione. my grandmother grew up there and my best friend still lives over there. yeah, ditch your kit lens and get yourself a cheap 50mm 1.8. it will be *worlds* better for you and it's inexpensive to boot. we are mostly unschooling but i miss the money that comes with a charter so i may go back.

shantiani, it is such a small world, wow! i love nevada city!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.