tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i can't believe how tired i am all of a sudden. it's like i forget how exhausting the first trimester can be. i just want to sleep all the time. of course, i can't. i'm kind of like a zombie.

i have not one drop of nausea yet. plenty of indigestion, but no nausea. it's actually freaking me out a bit...i always have nausea by now (six weeks and change).

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#2 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 07:54 PM

welcome to my world, sister!! All I want to do is sleep! I am dragging from the time I get up till my body gives out on me. I have been falling asleep at 8on a regular basis and that is SO not me!!

No nausea either, just dead tired ALL the time.

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#3 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM

I am so tired, I can barely answer this post

Working full time, chasing preschooler, just want to sleep all the time...

, , , , , to DD1 (4.5 years old) and DD2 (7 months) and 2
#4 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 08:30 PM

This is the worst exhaustion I have had while pregnant (this will be my 3rd child). In fact, this is what finally made me think that I *may* be pg. I started back on caffeine a couple of wks ago, b/c I was feeling so exhausted, but now the caffeine isn't working at all. On top of that, I've always been a bit of a night owl. For the past few wks, I've been totally wiped out by 8pm. My DH says that literally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and that's really unusual for me, b/c I'm normally an insomniac.
#5 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 08:52 PM

Oh yeah. Pregnancy is the best natural cure for insomnia I've ever found. I'm liking it, actually, though it bothered me at first. I've slept through the night almost every night for the past few weeks, and previously I hadn't done that since age 5. It's amazing.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#6 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 09:19 PM

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :
#7 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 09:20 PM

I'm with you. I think DH is getting annoyed with me because all I do is sleep when he's around to watch DS. At least the house got cleaned today (with his help).

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#8 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 PM

I came down with a head cold last week and had the total double whammy of fatigue. I finally gave in one day when I was in tears because I was so overwelmed and tired, and I had a sort of nap on the couch while the kids played.

I'm so ready to be into the second trimester!

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#9 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just got up from a 2 hour nap with my 16 month old! I can only get those on the weekend when dh is home to watch our almost 4 year old who rarely naps!

I'm sooooooo much more exhausted this time! I think having 2 has a lot to do with it! I sure hope it goes away at some point. I don't remember being tired all the way through last time.

The worst part, caffeine makes me sooooo sick. So there is no relief for me. And, starbucks has their gingersnap lattes out which are soooooo yummy, and I can't handle having even half of one! I know caffeine isn't good for the baby, but once in a while I really need a pick me up to get me through the day.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#10 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

i think the worst thing, for me, is that my youngest (who is 12 months) still wakes up a gazillion times a night and co-"sleeps" with us for half the night. i say "sleeps" because it's more like "wiggles."

~Serina~

#11 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 09:41 PM

Keeping up with 2. . who both tend to keep me up at night makes the pregnancy fatigue worse.

I so want to take an afternoon nap, and have missed that opportunity the past 2 weekends. I'm paranoid about trying to nap during the week with ds. . I had a nightmare last week that I fell asleep for an afternoon nap and then missed my dd's bus. I woke up in a cold sweat with that one.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#12 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 PM

I'm 7 + weeks and I'm exhausted! I also have had no morning sickness to speak of, but I'm really, really tired. Add to the mix 2 X 3 year olds and a still nursing 2 year old (as well as a 5, 8 and 10 year old :-) ) and it spells E X H A U S T E D!
#13 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 09:41 AM

You know, as much as I want to sleep all the time, I'm still struggling with insomnia. Between DD's frequent wakings and the trips to the bathroom ... then lying in bed wondering if it's worth it to try to get back to sleep for another hour or if I should get up and get something done because it's the only chance I get all day ...

Oh my, I am very tired. Luckily, I can still drink coffee!

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
#14 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM

I'm exhausted all day long. I go to bed exhausted and wake up exhausted. I sleep fitfully too... a full nights rest is rare for me and its not ever rarer! Urgh... I couldn't make it through Saturday/Sunday without a nap... and I don't like taking naps.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#15 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 AM

I fell asleep on the couch last night at 7:00. When I woke up at 8:30, dh was asleep on the loveseat with dd2 and dd1 was running around the house. My dh is usually the napper in the family, but I told him that someone has to be awake to watch the kids.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#16 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM

I just pulled out of the exhaustion. I realized I wasn't drinking enough water because it makes me feel queasy and im already peeing every 10 min. I mentioned this to Dh and that night he went out and go the stuff to fix the water and ice dispenser on our fridge. : I started having a cup with water around ALL the time and now I feel SOOOOOO much better. Seriously, before I was sleeping 12 (interrupted) hours a night and still dragging through the day. Now Im great! Hope that helps someone else.
#17 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 01:11 PM

I've been more tired than usual the last week. On top of it, there have been a few nights where I could hardly sleep at all! It's horrible! I keep trying to schedule nap time in, but it hasn't worked out, yet. :P

Last night I finally slept almost through the night; DP woke me up a couple times when he was getting ready for work. I didn't get up until 9:00! Yay! I don't know if I just finally crashed, or if it was because I had one less stress on my mind. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can sleep like that again, tonight.

- Born 7/21/09
#18 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Reading this thread and thinking about my own level of tiredness, I am feeling very, very lucky that I have no children yet and am currently unemployed (not ideal in many ways, but great for getting through the more miserable parts of pregnancy). It means I get to sleep at night (only waking up to pee) and take a nap most afternoons. I know, I almost feel bad saying it based on how much some of you have going on - but seriously, I feel really lucky. Especially because despite that, I am *still* tired - I don't know how those of you with little kids and jobs do it!
#19 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniellasMommy View Post
I just pulled out of the exhaustion. I realized I wasn't drinking enough water because it makes me feel queasy and im already peeing every 10 min. I mentioned this to Dh and that night he went out and go the stuff to fix the water and ice dispenser on our fridge. : I started having a cup with water around ALL the time and now I feel SOOOOOO much better. Seriously, before I was sleeping 12 (interrupted) hours a night and still dragging through the day. Now Im great! Hope that helps someone else.
good thoughts, AniellasMommy. if i could give newbie pregnant mamas only one piece of advice, it would be this:

drinking water is the answer to most pregnancy ills!

seriously. go therefore and fill thine klean kanteens thrice daily. at least!

~Serina~

#20 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
I came down with a head cold last week and had the total double whammy of fatigue. I finally gave in one day when I was in tears because I was so overwelmed and tired, and I had a sort of nap on the couch while the kids played.

I'm so ready to be into the second trimester!
I played hooky from work today for the same reasons. I stayed in bed all day - boy did I need that. I was also in tears from shear exhaustion.

, , , , , to DD1 (4.5 years old) and DD2 (7 months) and 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page