Symptom Update everyone! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been feeling better this week, not as many strong symptoms. Had some nausea yesterday, but the heartburn and bloat has gone down. I'm still tired, but I managed to sleep through the night the last few nights, instead of waking up every other hour! Yay!

I think I'm getting mommy-brain, though -- I set my oven to 475 instead of 425, yesterday. Zoops!

- Born 7/21/09
#32 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 11:42 AM

Im 5w1d - had major indigestion over the past several days, but none yesterday. Had also been really tired.. not yesterday.. Felt a little lightheaded first thing this AM and have been graced by a tiny bit of round ligament pain which is reassuring, since my sick symptoms were gone yesterday...
Boobs are a little tender and bigger too... (when you are an A- cup, anything is a bonus!)
Anyone still drinking coffee?
I cannot function without my morning cup...

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#33 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 02:49 PM

I am 9 weeks today and the nausea has kicked up a notch. I have been in a state of constant nausea since 5.5 weeks, but this morning I vomited for the first time! This is about when I started vomiting with DD and I didn't stop until 18 weeks and lost 7 pounds! I am hoping it will be easier this time around. : I am having trouble finding any foods that sound appealing, and I am terrified of the sights and smells of our Thanksgiving Day celebration tomorrow.

Breast tenderness has started to come and go and my constipation has mainly resolved itself. I am still really gassy and tired.

Loving my DH and my two active little girls (9/06), (6/09). Anticipating a new bundle of joy (7/11).
#34 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 02:58 PM

Today my nausea is milder than usual. It kicks up whenever I'm hungry, but also at many other times....yesterday was nauseous all day and into the night and couldn't sleep well. Lots of dry heaving, but have not thrown up. Also I'm having so many food aversions! Meat of any kind sounds so gross and raw veggies as well. I just want carbs all the time! I am hoping I won't gain weight quickly as a result of these eating habits but I can't help what I'm craving. I am a bit envious of a previous post who said she was eating lots of healthy things.
Also the fatigue is around all the time.
I'm supposed to cook a lot of the side dishes tomorrow so we'll see how it goes!
#35 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 PM

Yesterday, I would have written- Oh, not much. I have a super sense of smell, and I'm a little tired but other than that, not much.

TODAY, on the other hand. I am ready to fall asleep. I was ready for a nap by 9am (which sucks because I have to work both jobs today).

I'm also a complete airhead. Today was my first day back at job # 1 since we found out (I was at my in-laws for over a week). I totally spaced out all morning.

My mouth is totally going crazy. One minute, i feel like I just hiked through the desert a need water like a camel. I am SO thirsty! Then a few minutes later, i can feel the saliva pooling under my tongue, it's like I'm going to drown in drool.

I've had ONE gag moment. I took a bite of my husband's sandwich because it looked good, but the second it was in my mouth I had to spit it out because it WAS NOT going to go to my stomach. That happened to me several times when I was pg w/ ds (though I don't remember it happened this soon).

Speaking of spacing things off....it's time for job #2! Agh!

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
#36 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherp View Post
i've only told one friend and the dentist (had an appt) that i'm preggo but with each person i tell i get more nervous that i'll mc. irrational, but i can't help it.
I know what you mean! I've only told my immediate family but then I spent the rest of the night worrying about a mc. We're going to wait to tell others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmomma View Post
I am 9 weeks today and the nausea has kicked up a notch. I have been in a state of constant nausea since 5.5 weeks, but this morning I vomited for the first time!
This is my fear I'm scared that mine is going to go up a notch at some point too and then it's going to make working very hard!

As for me, I coasted past the 5w mark with so few symptoms, I thought maybe I would be one of the lucky ones. My sister who even has 2 kids said that if I wasn't sick by then then I most likely wouldn't be.

Wrong! This past week has been awful. I wake up with ms, don't vomit, but it's everything I can do to hold it back. Then I spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon nauseaus. I can barely force down food, and definitely not all the good stuff I know I should be eating. The ms breaks a little for the afternoon and evening but then kicks back in when I'm going to bed. I worry a lot about getting enough nutrients but there's just no way that I'm going to force a salad or eggs to stay down there!

Other symptoms include sore and very large breasts, extreme smell sensitivity, moodiness, some unfounded anxiety, and on/off mild cramps. But it's my first so I'm hoping its just things stretching and nothing to worry about...
#37 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I`m 8 weeks tomorrow and so far so good. I am extremely tired, but I think it isn`t only due to the pregnancy: I have 6 other kids (2 X 3yob and 1X 2boy!); we have also just moved from South Africa to Canada and emotionally it has been a rollercoaster... My 2 year old is also nursing a lot more during the night :-(

The nausea has been almost non-existant. I get the odd bout of queasiness and the other morning I stupidly drank a whole glass of water in one go before getting out of bed! Sadly it all came back up again - it was still ice-cold! GRIM!

I have some nipply sensitivity but only when my 2 year old nurses.
#38 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
Oh, is anyone else itchy? I've got an itchy patch on my belly, another on my forearm and one behind and just above my knee. Oh and when I get a back itch I get so cranky with my dh becuase he just can't seem to find the itchy spot.

They are driving me crazy.
Funny you should say that because I have an itchy patch on my tummy and now on my left thigh which I happened to be scratching when I read your post.
#39 of 41 Old 11-26-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbear View Post
This is my fear I'm scared that mine is going to go up a notch at some point too and then it's going to make working very hard!
I worked as an elementary school teacher when I was pg with DD. I was really worried too, but it wasn't too bad. I usually threw up once before I headed out the door in the morning and just felt a little off until the afternoon. I was the sickest in the evenings. I only threw up twice at work. Everyone was really understanding.

I generally tried to pack a lot of different options for lunch and snacks because it was hard to predict what I would be in the mood for. I kept some dried goods at my desk like oatmeal, tea, dried fruits, nuts, etc.

Also, I kept a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash at my desk. I always traveled with mouthwash, Kleenex, bottled water, and disposable plastic bag (sorry planet ) in case I threw up in the car (I did a few times).

Loving my DH and my two active little girls (9/06), (6/09). Anticipating a new bundle of joy (7/11).
#40 of 41 Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hello nausea! I'm just over 6w and it hit mid- last week. I cant go more than two hours without eating or I get soooo sick. Every night when I get up to pee I get nauseous trying to fall asleep again but cant eat that late. It causes headaches and dizziness too. I'm scared cuz some people say it might get worse (I havent actually puked yet)...

I just want to sleep all day!!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#41 of 41 Old 12-01-2008, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
6.1 weeks. No nausea, but my already overactive appetite is still increasing. I have to eat all. the. time. I'm okay with that as long as I'm not queasy. The newest thing is that it seems like I don't have enough spit in my mouth. Like I have to drink a sip of water with every bite of food just so I can swallow it. It reminds me of when I got braces and they gave me pills to dry my mouth up so they wouldn't have to be constantly sucking my saliva out during the process. Anyone else?

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page