Symptom Update everyone! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2008, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For everyone that had no symptoms last week, have they kicked in yet? For those that did last week, are they still there/bad/worse?

I'm 5.5w with nothing but slightly tender boobs that have grown. I did POAS again yesterday because I have a whole box of them to use up and it was nice & quick & dark!

Just wondering how y'all are progressing!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Sore nips when nursing ~ other than that nothing, really! If I let myself get really hungry I start to feel a little nauseous, but not terrible, run to the bathroom right now nauseous.

Oh, I'm STARVING and can't seem to eat enough to keep my milk supply up...I never thought I'd have the problem of not being able to eat enough, since I LOVE food

I'm 8.5 weeks, FWIW

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
Old 11-25-2008, 03:12 PM

I am really quite sick. Tons of dry heaving, even in the middle of the night. I am totaly useless. DH is a real sweety and is really filling in where I can't possibly do whatever.
I have a really achy lower back and a lot of expanding/stretchy pressure in my pelvic area.
Breasts are a bit sore but not unmanageably so.
So tired I could sleep all day.
I thought it would get easier with subsequent pregnancies for me but no such luck.

Does anyone remember where the top of my uterus should be now ? I'm 7 weeks today. When flat on the floor I can feel it at the top of my pubic bone.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
5.2 weeks. Hungry every hour. Lots of weirdness digestionally, but no nausea. My boobs HURT. I dread sitting up in the morning and letting gravity do it's thing. And one seems to be responding more to the hormones than the other, even though they are both equally sore. o O <----that's me :

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Old 11-25-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
5.2 weeks. Hungry every hour. Lots of weirdness digestionally, but no nausea. My boobs HURT. I dread sitting up in the morning and letting gravity do it's thing. And one seems to be responding more to the hormones than the other, even though they are both equally sore. o O <----that's me :
I'm feeling a little lopsided too!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM

I felt like I was going to puke today (for the first time). I'm 6w4d.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:32 PM

I'm 5w3d....
My boobs are bigger (fun!) and a little bit tender.
I'm thirsty all the time and if I don't drink about 3 big glasses of water before bed I wake up with dry cracking lips. I can't keep enough fluid going in!
I'm also a hormonal maniac. Very moody.
And tired. Oooooh so tired.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:43 PM

I'm 8 weeks today and battling with nausea the past couple of days. I'm having a hard time getting the kids their food and dealing with dirty dishes. Fatigue is still kicking my butt and I've just proven to my kids that I'm definitely a hormonal grouch. Breast tenderness comes and goes and I'm very happy to report that the past two nights I've been able to get DD to sleep in the Ergo with no nursing at all. That's been a really nice change!

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Just tired and sore boobs here. And things are starting to smell really gross to me. I'm not quite 6 weeks yet, so I'm sure the nausea is coming. :-)
I just want to take a nap. Can someone tell my kids to nap today so Mommy can too?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Tired, sore boobs, constant queasiness. The nausea is WAY worse than my last pregnancy. I actually threw up my lunch today. Last time, I had hardly any m/s until around my 11th or 12th week. I hope this doesn't mean I can expect another month of this.

love.gif

Old 11-25-2008, 06:36 PM

Fewer of the big waves of nausea this time, but most food sounds gross. If I can think of something that sounds good, it is something from a restaurant, not something that I can make. This is how it has been for the past week (I am about 8.5 weeks). Before that I was starving every few hours.

Vegetables are particularly unappealing to me. I usually eat a spinach salad every night, which I have not been managing. Yesterday I felt like a 7 year old with my broccoli, just staring at it, then finally washing it down, half gagging, with water.

I have gotten a lot more tired, too. I go to bed with DD every night.

I have a short fuse, too.

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 PM

tired.
sore boobs while nursing.
tired.
tired.
tired.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Oh the smells!! I can't open the fridge w/o dry heaving. I need to carry around a spitoon because I've only thrown up three times, but my mouth keeps filling up with saliva and I need to do something with it. Food is repulsive. My appetite is gone completely and I am exhausted from about 3:30 until I pass out on the couch before 8pm. I think it is worse this time because I have to run after the girls all day and the little one thinks that 5 am is a good time to get up in the morning.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM

At the moment I'm 5.5 weeks and have mild nausea on and off throughout the day, sore boobs and achy back. I am also SO moody and irritable!

This pregnancy for the first time I had a weird taste in my mouth and an aversion to coffee. Those two things alerted me to the fact that all was not as it should be and I needed to POAS pretty quickly!

~ Mum to ds1 , dd : and ds2
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 PM

Sore nipples when nursing.. . An almost constnat low level of nausea. . I'm either hot as blazes or freezing cold. . the only food I'm interested in eating is stuff I probably shouldn't (veggies and protein are challenging). . tired and worn out. . My fuse is really short, I'd like to just escape every now and then to re-center because everyone is pretty much driving me crazy. I'm 8w5d and wishing I could just skip ahead a little bit.

Also I'm incredibly unmotivated, I don't have the energy/drive to clean, do laundry or cook. I'd like to just lie on the couch.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 11-25-2008, 07:12 PM

I'm 6w5d today and I have the all day/all night/even while I'm sleeping nausea going on. I keep telling myself that I've only got about 4 more weeks of this to get through (last pregnancy I was sick from weeks 5-11).

My boobs are huge and sore. They kill me at night. I sleep on my side and then when I roll over to the other side it feels like my boobs are bricks that are about to rip off my chest! lol Oh, and extremely sensitive nipples...like painful, even. Definitely didn't have either of those with my first.

I'm exhausted, too. Partially because I can't sleep for crap at night.

I am so whiney!!!

Kristin, momma to Cade (11/01) and Camden (7/09) . Wife to Jeff and lover of Jesus.
My life in smilies:  treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifvbac.gifdishes.gifwash.gifmodifiedartist.gifsewmachine.gifreading.gifgeek.gifphotosmile2.gif
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 PM

I'm still sceptical all the time, especially when my husband seems to have pregnancy symptoms as well. I say I'm tired, he says me too. haha

So, tired way earlier and sometimes fall-asleep tired during the day...

So I still have no m/s, although in sculpture class today the smell of the welding stuff was making me ill.

I get hungrier faster and harder, like I feel like I will faint if I don't eat.

Sore and HUGE boobs, I was already a DD, I have no idea what to do with these things!

Bloated/indegestions type stuff. Nothing major....and I pee a little more often...like I actually have to get out of bed whereas before I would be able to go back to sleep!

And I still poas whenever I feel scared. That's my vice until I can see my mw, I still don't know how far I am! (I am thinking 8.5 with a fake period, at least that's what I think, but what do I know?) Mw's nurse is calling me tommorrow to discuss!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am so exhausted, beyond what I ever thought possible. I yawn all day long, can't keep my eyes open, totally lethargic, and then I can't really sleep. I have been nauseous all day every day for about a week now, but not enough to make me vomit, just enough to be very annoying and debilitating. Everything smells and tastes super intense to me.... I think that's most of my symptoms. Oh, and twingy, stretchy, full feelings in my uterus.

I don't really care how uncomfortable I am right now if it results in a healthy baby (last time I had very little symptoms and a m/c).

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
4w5d

boobs slightly sore and fuller feeling

peeing more

tired
tired

but mostly i am famished! and wanting to eat better foods, thankfully. normally i crave sweets, but i;m now craving healthy foods. today ive had tons. a salad as big as my head about 15 oz of grilled chicken breast, a green smoothie with kale, banana, blueberries, yogurt, lemon, and honey, and we just went to a chinese restaurant where i pigged out on broccoli beef and green beans.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 PM

I feel like I'm on the edge of throwing up from the time I wake up until around midday, and then can hardly eat enough to keep from feeling famished for the afternoon. This morning was the first time I actually threw up I hit eight weeks yesterday. Also my boobs hurt!!!! Especially at night. When I get up (3 or 4 times) during the night to pee, I dread sitting up. It's OK though, the grossness tells me there's a little peanut in there

Wife of a wonderful husband and love.gif mommy to Alice 6/09 and Jude 6/11. belly.gifExpecting a new someone 9/19/13!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:24 PM

Well I am 5 weeks4days and feel pretty much normal except I'm a little more tired than usual. I have been worried because of 2 m/cs in July and September, but I just had my hcg blood levels tested and it turned out well, going up by 400% in 3 days. Yey!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 PM

so tired...so sick...so weepy..oh, did i say, soooo tired? Also smells are making feel yucky.

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 PM

i am 6 weeks today.
my boobs are still sore but not as sore as they were 2 weeks ago,
smells are really bothering me,
a bit dizzy now and then,
i had a couple of days of nausea around 4 weeks but now my stomach might just have a brief period of feeling "off" some mornings (i'm praying i don't get hit with anything major next week because we're going on vacation to cancun),
intermittent mild crampy feeling & feeling of fullness in the uterus,
some days i feel tired and cranky (hello short temper!) and others i feel like i've got a lot of energy and am on top of the world (this morning my eyes sprung open and i thought "i am so happy to be awake!!!"),
SUPER dry skin - i have employed DH to slather my back with lotion the minute i step out of the shower.

i've only told one friend and the dentist (had an appt) that i'm preggo but with each person i tell i get more nervous that i'll mc. irrational, but i can't help it.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:33 AM

I feel gross. The mornings are worse than the evenings, but I just wish food appealed to me again, since I DO feel better when I eat. I want to enjoy eating, again!
I can deal with the crazy fatigue and sore boobs (even with a nursling). But I really wish the m/s would go away already.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
Old 11-26-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweetboysmom View Post
Does anyone remember where the top of my uterus should be now ? I'm 7 weeks today. When flat on the floor I can feel it at the top of my pubic bone.
The fundus is usually just poking over the pubic bone around 12 weeks. Of course, if you've been pregnant before, it tends to pop up a bit sooner.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
Old 11-26-2008, 01:06 AM

I had symptoms definitively at 6 weeks, and I think before then. It's hard to tell what was anxiety and what was pregnancy.

I'm at 8 weeks today. I'm still spotting and sometimes having light cramping, but I had an ultrasound and so far, so good. I'm nauseated - it's not bad, just consistent, and gets worse when I'm hungry. I'm always hungry. But if I eat I feel better, as long as it's the "right" food. I'm peeing at least once a night, and a new symptom has appeared - constipation! I'm warm, I'm cold, I'm super tired.

My belly is starting to stick out. I think that's part uterus, part gas/constipation. Eck.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Oh, is anyone else itchy? I've got an itchy patch on my belly, another on my forearm and one behind and just above my knee. Oh and when I get a back itch I get so cranky with my dh becuase he just can't seem to find the itchy spot.

They are driving me crazy.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 AM

Totally nauseated for first half of day, aversions to certain smells and foods, painful boobs swollen like giant water balloons, very tired in evenings, insomnia, lots of peeing especially at night, tripping and dropping things, off-balance, spaced out, cranky, itchy, hurt all over. :yawning:
Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 AM

I need to add something to my list that I just discovered today! I am a total space cadet! I got on the freeway the wrong way, looking for someone's house I drove up and down the street looking at the wrong side of the street *thinking* I was looking on the odd side, but it was the even side, and all this even with the woman waiting for me on the right side trying to wave me down!! Ugggg! I also spilled change all over the counter and floor at the store, and almost knocked over the register's change thing, when I went to get my laptop out of the store locker (at the school store) I could not for the life of me figure out how to work the key, I even burned the crap out of my finger in sculpture class!!!!

I feel like I have lost my mind for the day!

And I keep blushing! Anyone else doing that? It's weird!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Today was the first morning I felt really icky and not into eating. I'm just 5 weeks along. I've been very tired and very hungry and peeing all the time, though.

And my favorite--gassy. Oh so embarassingly gassy.

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!

User Tag List