Sensitive Cervix and Spotting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone else had issues with brown spotting after sex? I've even been really vigilant about making sure DH is gentle, but I am still getting brown spotting. It freaks me out every time. I'm almost worried enough about to to put a lid on intercourse entirely (but with other non-penetrative stuff) until after the first trimester is over. I'm only 5 weeks 3 days.

Thoughts?

Alicewyf: doula, wife to DH, and mama to Lillian (7/09) and Daniel (6/12).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 02:53 PM

I haven't had any spotting with this pregnancy, but with my first, I would have bright red blood after sex. The first time it happened, I called my Dr and he said that it's because we have blood vessels that become (I can't think of the word he used...) but basically they get bigger/fuller/enlarged and are able to bleed easier during pregnancy.

I never had brown spotting though. Do you have a Dr or midwife you can call maybe? Just to be on the safe side?
#3 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 02:53 PM

A sensitive cervix is one of the possible reasons they gave me for my (brown) spotting. I've been advised to hold off on sex for a couple of weeks and see if it gets better (though when my midwife gave me that advice, it had been over a week anyway, and I'm still spotting). Others (a doula, and a woman I know who works in an OB office) have suggested pelvic rest until one week after I stop seeing spotting.

I'm beginning to feel like I'll never have sex again! But I am nervous to do it and have the spotting get worse, so for now, I am holding off.
#4 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Me.
I am having brown to light red spotting about 4-6 hours after dtd. It only lasts about 1 hr, and then it is gone. It seems if we keep him away from my cervx entirely I don't spot, but if he bumps me even once I do spot. Sofar the only positions that seem to keep him away from my cervix are spooning and me on top working to keep it shallow.
We only got married 2 months ago, so I am really not wanting to restrict too much just yet.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#5 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

I did call my OB the first time it happened, but she said unless I was filling 1-2 pads in an hour with blood to not worry. It hasn't even come close to that yet.

I guess I'll just be gentle with myself whenever it does happen. Pregnancy is so full of worry at every turn!

Alicewyf: doula, wife to DH, and mama to Lillian (7/09) and Daniel (6/12).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page