Have you bought anything for baby yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Now that I've hit the 2nd trimester I feel safer buying a few things.
I'm big into baby carriers and everyone is trying to raise xmas money so they are going for super cheap at TBW. I've been looking for a few specific things and got lucky this week. I bought 3 carriers just today and 2 a few days ago. All for less than $100! Amazing! I offered just $5-$10 less than what they were asking and they all accepted so these are my Christmas presents to myself and baby

Since I already have about 4 pouches and 3 mei tais my DH just rolls his eyes and doesn't get the obsession

I'm having serious feelings this is a boy and have been tempted to pick up a few boy things I saw on sale at Target but I've resisted so far!

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 46 Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
Not yet, but I'm taking the kids down to visit grandma in Feb. She's using it as the excuse to buy our new baby present. . A phil and ted's stroller with the double seat.

That will be the first purchase. And one of the few.
We absolutely LOVE our Phil & Teds stroller with doubles kit - worth every penny!!!
#33 of 46 Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM

I bought a flannel swaddler off of craigslist for 5 bucks and its brand new! I've also gotten DH the organic hemp hotsling and myself a petunia pickle bottom diaper bag all from ebay. The other day I was in Macy's and finally bought my first baby outfit. Its a white gown w/ polkadots and embroidered ducks at the bottom, w/ matching booties, mittens, and a hat that says "just ducky".

It was adorable and dh loves it....for now we keep it hangning in our bedroom to look at every day.

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#34 of 46 Old 12-22-2008, 11:06 PM

I have bought a whole bunch of diapers. That's about it.

I am getting a babyhawk for Christmas though!:

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#35 of 46 Old 12-22-2008, 11:39 PM

I bought a couple of XS diapers and covers when I was also buying some new dipes for DS so that I could get up to the free shipping total. I probably won't buy anything else until we find out the gender.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#36 of 46 Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM

I have boughten a couple of things here is what I have bought:

*papasan swing off ebay brand new for $75 and it is the new model for this year, I was really excited about it
*a couple of nightgowns in greens and yellows from carters

Things I want to get

*cloth diapers ( didn't use them with ds)
*a bouncer
*a couple of slings

Thats it for me!!!
#37 of 46 Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
I haven't bought anything yet. This is my first, so I'm going to need everything. We are also pretty broke, so I really just want to keep it to the basics. The funny thing is, the one thing I really want to buy is a pair of baby saddle shoes. I know, baby shoes are so unnecessary, but dh and I are swing dancers, it's how we met and a large part of how we got to know each other. Our dancing shoes are matching black/white saddle style and a few days before I found out I was pregnant, I was looking at our shoes sitting next to each other and thought it would make an adorable pregnancy announcement to take a picture of his big shoes, my smaller ones, and itty bitty baby ones, with a line about how we're expecting a new pair of dancing feet. The problem is the only ones I can find are $30-$40. For baby shoes! That don't even get walked on! Sigh...if anyone sees any cheap somewhere send me a line.
I love your idea! here is an ebay link with infant saddle shoes.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#38 of 46 Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 AM

Kissaluvs opened its outlet store over Thanksgiving weekend and guaranteed to fill all orders, so I just had to get a dozen size 0s. It was so precious to hold those little newborn diapers again.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
#39 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 AM

When I was pregnant with Laynie, I was 6 weeks along and I wanted to buy a baby book so badly. So, I bought and adorable neutral one with a giraffe on the cover and started to fill it out. I didn't want to miss the chance to fill out my feelings... So, now that I know about this baby, I am searching for a new baby book. One that I will love and is gender neutral.

**Jessica:Mommy to Laynie Claire 10/22/2007 and Ryan Wesson 8/14/2009: Loving my Marine Colt**
#40 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Before I was pg, I wanted to buy every thing I saw. I did buy about 12 nb diapers on super sale. But now, i really want to wait and see if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a boy, I don't need to buy anything, if it's a girl...well, that's a different story!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#41 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 PM

My new babe has the exact same due date as my 2 year old DD, and I have all of her baby clothes boxed and organized by size/season in storage. So, if this is a girl I will not get to buy anything! If it's a boy I'm going to be hitting spring consignment sales. We also have tons of diapers, really cute ones, in every size so I don't need those. I just bought one more wrap (I already have two, but I had to buy something!) and I plan on buying a water sling as soon as I find one for sale somewhere used or new. I wish I knew such a sling exsisted when I first had my DD, I would have bathed more often. We really don't need anything for this baby aside from boy clothes should it have a penis. It's kind of disappointing to not get to buy anything, but good for my empty wallet.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#42 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 04:08 PM

I bought a really cute onsie just the other day. It will work for a girl or a boy. If I have a boy, he will end up wearing all of his big brother's old clothes, I feel kind of bad that he will only have hand me downs, so I will probably make an effort to get a few new outfits for the baby, even if it is another boy.
#43 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 PM

Not a thing. I am afraid of jinxing myself.

Plus, I figure I should wait to find out the sex. I put a hold on selling DS' clothes, even though they will be opposite seasons. I'll hang on to his things because he seemed to take a long time to change sizes and I figure that some of it may fit.

love.gif

#44 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 PM

The only thing I have bought so far is a pacifier, 2 onesies, and a pair of pants. LOL. We have so much baby stuff already and I'm waiting for find out the sex.
#45 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Oh and maternity clothes LOL - but thats not really for the baby.
#46 of 46 Old 01-02-2009, 10:43 PM

I finally bought a few gender neutral newborn diapers from www.hyenacart.com/patooshiepants

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page