#61 of 66 Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlovs View Post
I want it, please! Sounds yummy!
Here ya go

Cocoa Brownies: 350 degrees for about 25 minutes in an 8 x 8 pan.
4 eggs (for the protein, etc.)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Optional - 1/2 cup nuts and/or 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Stir eggs with sugar and vanilla. Add melted butter. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet. Finally any nuts or choc.chips.
Bake and enjoy.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#62 of 66 Old 12-02-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quindin View Post
Getting rid of Brie and Danish blue from our lives? Sacrilege!.
It certainly feels that way to give up on my blue.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#63 of 66 Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantiani View Post
Here ya go

Cocoa Brownies: 350 degrees for about 25 minutes in an 8 x 8 pan.
4 eggs (for the protein, etc.)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Optional - 1/2 cup nuts and/or 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Stir eggs with sugar and vanilla. Add melted butter. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet. Finally any nuts or choc.chips.
Bake and enjoy.
this sounds great. thank you for the recipe!

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#64 of 66 Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 PM

Ok ok.. finally chiming in.... I totally forgot that soft cheese and lunchmeat were to be off the menu when pregnant!!!!! I had BOTH for pretty much the past two weeks!! By lunchmeat, do they mean even the deli counter stuff, or just the stuff in packs in the refrigerator section?

Anyhow, I guess my sins of the moment will have been brie on Thanksgiving (oops) and lunchmeats and lunchcheese every day almost for the past 10 days....

I was an at least 1 glass o' red wine a night girl till I found out I was pg... The only wine or alcohol I have had since was two SIPS just to taste a new variety I had never heard of- -and it was gross. :P

Until today I had also been a big cuppa coffee a day girl. ONE big cup to start the day. I could only drink about 1/4 of it today, so I think my body is telling me it is a nono....

Another naughty?
I haven't ordered, let alone taken, prenatals yet. :shock:
I know.
I am on it. Tonight.

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#65 of 66 Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 AM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am pretty relaxed about most things. I will eat raw cheese, for instance, if I know the source once past the first 1st. But I won't eat super processed crummy pasturized cheese.

Caffeine I need to reevaluate. I've cut down from two cups to two but I really need some strong reasons to cut it out completely. Happiness in our household starts with caffeine.

No booze though. Two reasons. I was horrified in my first pregnancy how many people offered it to me. And it is easier for me to never taste/smell/sip than to do so on occasion. I doubt I'll have anything during this pregnancy although I had a half glass maybe four times in my first.

I had a hard time with giving it up the first. I never slipped, ever, but it was very hard. It really made me question my habits and associations. I had to ask my husband to stop drink in front of me. I started drinking again about 8 ppd but I was (and am still) nursing and I have to be careful about timing.

I do feel bad that I drink wine (every night!) before I found out I was pregnant. We were half-axxed ttc and I shouldn't have been but...

My (conservative) midwife said no drinking, ever. And then at my last appointment before my due date told me to have a glass and tell my massage therapist to let her rip. And I did =)
#66 of 66 Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 AM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
tee hee

My annoying MIL loves to "out" women at Thanksgiving and watches what everyone is eating and drinking like a hawk. I "drank" several items in front of her. Ha. I am only five weeks and she is SO obnoxious. A couple of years ago she made a preggo friend burst into tears by announcing her "pregnancy" to the crowd. She had just lost the baby...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page