Mothering Forum banner

Bleeding, need input, I'm a nervous wreck

586 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Abarat 
#1 ·
Hey everyone....

I spotted/bled for at least a week or two with my first child, so I know it can be normal, but this time I'm not sure.

I guess I don't remember back that far well enough to compare and need some input from mommas "in the know".

I've had spotting/bleeding with this pregnancy for a little over two weeks, then it stopped for a few days, but yesterday I felt a definite cramp then started again....it started brownish but now it's red and there is some clotting. It's not as heavy or bad as a regular period, but anything really makes me nervous at this point.

Could this actually be a m/c? Or would I be completely sure if that happened?

Near as I can figure I'm 9wks. My first OB appointment isn't until Dec. 16th....I was a little irked that my first appointment isn't until I'm about 12 weeks. Urgh! I just wish I knew everything was okay.

The office isn't open today or I'd go in, but I'd hate to go to Urgent Care for nothing and have a huge bill for no reason.

I could use any input ladies....I appreciate it.

See less See more
#3 ·
It could be anything. Without an ultrasound you can't really know for sure. It could be nothing, or the bleeding could pick up. If you need to know then I'd say go to urgent care. But if you can wait and see what happens then you could save yourself the cost of the trip.

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this today and I so hope that it's nothing. If it was me I'd probably take a wait and see approach, but I generally don't go see someone unless I know they can do something to help. Unfortunately if you are in fact m/cing there really isn't anything that can be done.

Lie down, take it easy and try to think good thoughts.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgehogs4 View Post
nak

I really hope all works out - here is a link that may be informative to you.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=187976

Good luck!
This really helped...I find it crazy that no one shares these stories...they're all too ready to share labor stories.

Thanks everyone, I feel better with a little support. I'm trying to take it somewhat easy and I'll just wait 'till Monday to see if I can get in to the doctor's office. I think I'd feel better if I knew whether my hCG levels are normal or waning.

Thanks again, it's helped me calm down a little.

#7 ·
Go rest, put your legs up, do nothing

I started bright red bleeding when I was 9 - 10 weeks pregnant with baby 4.
I had spend several days working harder than usual (lifting heavy things, etc) and I had just arrived from an intercontinental flight.
I spent 2 days with my legs up and resting once I saw I was bleeding.
Eventually the bleeding turned into brown spotting and then it stopped.
The ultrasound showed that the bleeding had been caused due to a small detachment of the placenta, but it healed itself.

So please take it easy and keep us updated

#8 ·
Quindin....I'm inclined to think it's something like what happened with you.

I just figured since I'm used to working hard, I should be able to continue doing everything I've been doing, but I've been doing things like carrying my 43 pound toddler, moving 50lb sacks of flour, leading 2 strong goats on 1 lead, etc.

I think I've just run myself down. When I started that couple weeks of spotting at the beginning of the month, I spent that week across the country as a family member was dying so I was very exhausted, sleep deprived and did a lot of hard work and didn't eat much while I was there...then came home and had to play 'catch up'.

I'll be taking it easy for a few days and seeing if I can get into the doc on Monday. I'll update. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.