Still no nausea?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What the heck? I'm 6w4d and still no nausea! I'm so anxious for my 1st u/s on the 15th. It's a little over 2 weeks away, but I'm SO nervous. I hope everything is okay.

I've been feeling less and less "pregnant" over the last few days. No cramping or bleeding, just not strong pregnancy symptoms. Anyone else feeling this way?

Aurora , happy wife to C., mama to 3 : and , lost 12/08 & our 4/24/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me! However, I had barely any nausea with my first. My mother and grandmother didn't have morning sickness either. I guess we are lucky. I still feel really tired and my boobs are sore. Other than that- nada. It is still really early- I wouldn't worry! I keep taking HPT about a week apart to make sure the line is getting darker- and it is. Maybe try that to make yourself feel better before your appt. My US isn't until the 16th either, and I think we are due a day or so apart. Just try to think positive and not stress.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbabycakes View Post
What the heck? I'm 6w4d and still no nausea! I'm so anxious for my 1st u/s on the 15th. It's a little over 2 weeks away, but I'm SO nervous. I hope everything is okay.

I've been feeling less and less "pregnant" over the last few days. No cramping or bleeding, just not strong pregnancy symptoms. Anyone else feeling this way?
I am still w/o nausea. I'm 6 weeks 2 days and keep waiting for something to happen. Right around this point with my son I started with m/s so I'm like, what is up??? Trying to think positive and remember all the symptoms I *am* having. If I eat too much of the wrong thing I will get really bad heartburn. I'm mighty gassy :P I have had clear-the-room farts if I drink milk! Tired enough to take a nap every day, but definitely not exhausted. Bloated belly. My pee smells different and is slightly cloudy. More sensitive uterus after sex. So look for the little things that are different!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
Old 11-29-2008, 07:45 PM

I didn't have hardly ANY nasuea with my first and he was always fine as could be.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:52 PM

i am seven weeks and have no nausea, either. it's weird, because i had nausea in all of my first three pregnancies. but i'm trying not to worry, because i have other symptoms (bloating, fatigue, nipple soreness), and worrying won't do anything positive, right?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 11-29-2008, 08:13 PM

Hi there! I'm not in your due date club, having already had my two I thought I would pop on here and assure you that not everyone gets nauseous when pregnant. I had 2 healthy pregnancies and zip for nausea. My symptoms were bloated tummy that couldn't stand being confined , sore breasts/nipples, and lots of cervical mucus I would trade the nausea for the bloating, kthx. I couldn't wear any of my regular pants after the first couple weeks
So anyway, you're fine. Just like not everyone will get hemmaroids, or varicose veins, or eat pickles and ice cream or gain 50lbs or faint even! I know its easy to worry when you're pregnant, but all you can do is think positive, take care of yourself and try to enjoy your pregnancy.
congratulations!

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 PM

My nausea didn't kick in until 7 weeks. Even then it was very mild and only happens when I am hungry. My mom says she was the same way.

I don't think you have to worry, even though I know you will, because I was worrying about it too.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I still feel really tired and my boobs are sore. Other than that- nada.
:

I'm 10w1day and I very occasionally feel a little queasy, but I could hardly call it nausea and I've never actually thrown up. I'm calling myself very lucky!

Lisa ~ wife to Daniel ~ mama to Claire, born July 2009 (IVF baby!)
Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 PM

With DD, I never felt nauseous. Unfortunately, the nausea kicked in at 6w4d this time.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

Old 11-29-2008, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

My only symptoms are bloating, indigestion (eat smaller meals!!), and humongous boobs. That's it!! Oh well. Oh, my hubby just reminded me that I'm cranky, too.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 PM

No nausea here, but I didn't have any with either of my other pregnnancies so I'm not a bit worried about it.

I've seen stats that say anywhere from 70-85% of women get it, and most who do get it by their 6th week, so I guess we can count ourselves lucky!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 11-29-2008, 11:19 PM

With my 1st the nausea didn't start until 8 weeks. Then it hit me like a brick wall. I never puked, but at times I think it would have made me feel better. I remember I was about 11 weeks the week of Thanksgiving, and we had an inservice at school the monday of that week. All morning I was quietly munching on crackers (they worked for me) while the speaker gave her presentation. After lunch, though, wasn't pretty. I hid in my classroom under my desk using my coat as a blanket and tried to sleep it off!

A friend of mine didn't get nausea until the 3rd trimester. It was her 3rd pg, and she was like, what the heck?!?!

I'm currently almost 6w, and nausea yet. I'm not worried about it, becaue it'll probably sneak up on me in a few weeks. But if t doesn't, I'm way more than okay w/ that!

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:01 PM

First off, I'm VERY jealous.

But, putting that aside, I think for peace of mind, I'd buy some HPTs and keep taking them occasionally like angelika13 suggested. Then you'll have at least some type of "symptom" to go by.

... grumble grumble grumble..... off to barf....

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
Old 11-30-2008, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I tried the "taking a test to make myself feel better" and while they're still , they are probably dark enough that they won't get much darker. They're the cheapie online ones and the colors vary, so I freaked out when I didn't get a dark purple line, but only a pink line. Is it too late to check hCGs?

I'm thinking about moving my u/s up by a week. I'm getting antsy!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
6 weeks today and still no nausea. Reason to celebrate in my opinion. I'm surprised at how chill I'm feeling about all this. It's my first pregnancy, but so far, I just really feel like everything is perfect and there's no cause to worry. I'm not even anxious/excited to hear a heartbeat or anything.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM

I had mild nausea until 8 weeks and then it hit me like a truck. Not that I wish that upon you!!! But it might still come. Or not! Lucky!!!

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :
Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 PM

I have had on and off sicky feelings, but nothing horrible like with my first pregnancy. I mostly just feel tired and lazy. My chest isn't even sore, which worries me. I am super bloated and gassy though, I guess that counts as a symptom! And I am starving all the time, I want to eat constantly. I'm 6 weeks 4 days today and by this time with my last pregnancy I was miserably sick! I'm hoping maybe it won't happen this time around. I really want to see the baby alive and well on the ultrasound so that I can start getting attached and realize that this is for real!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

User Tag List