Who is still working out? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 355 Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies, bumping us up from page 4!

It was marginally cooler yesterday so I ran a couple of miles. I think it was about that. I did 5 five minute sets with a 90 second walk break in between each of them. It was still pretty hot so I wanted to be careful.

Hope everyone is good!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#272 of 355 Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Thanks for bumping us, veganmama!

I had incapacitating back pain last week. I managed to go swimming, which helped, but it was painful for a few days. It's much better now, fortunately. So lots of swimming - just a mile, breast stroke, and the gym.. though mostly I've been just on the elliptical. I think weights are out for a while. I feel looser than ever and I keep finding that I've strained something or other once I stop the exercise.

Walking is getting harder.. mostly because of the pressure and the extreme need to pee!!!!

I'm also a bit worried that I dropped a couple of pounds in a week (though was a bit swollen last week). Fundal height was also down - though my Dr. thinks the little guy has just dropped more. Fortunately I have my 38 week scan on Wed so I can get some reassurance.

How's everyone else doing?

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#273 of 355 Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM

Zubee, I think it is fairly common to stop gaining weight at this point.

I am still doing light weights but not that much walking. I find running easier.

I am glad the back pain is gone. Mine is too, thank goodness.

#274 of 355 Old 06-30-2009, 02:54 PM

Oh, and "just a mile" Zubee?? LOL, that is a long enough swim esepcailly at this point!

Off to work out with my trainer now (my once a week indulgence!). Pretty tired though!

#275 of 355 Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 PM

My fundal height is sort of low too... which makes me nervous but doesn't seem to concern my midwife at all... she just said that he is SO low that it's hard to get a good reading. He *IS* really low too! I can't believe I'm considered fullterm now... although I know I still do have a few weeks left I'm sure.

Back to the gym almost every day and yoga a few days a week. OH- on Saturday I felt really cool (sarcasm!!) because I seriously almost passed out in yoga. I was fine with the "hard" stuff, but when we would just stand there in one spot for too long I'd get SUPER dizzy. I guess that just comes with being 9 months pregnant for me. I would rather do 50 gazillion squats than stand in one place for too long being still haha.
#276 of 355 Old 06-30-2009, 05:15 PM

I'm still here!

I'm 37 weeks today and starting to feel exhausted so I'm sticking with doing yoga...some more relaxing, some more "cardio"...but yoga, nonetheless.

I was surprised because I ate a ton last week...we live right by a vegan bakery and a donut shop but i actually LOST a pound and a half. I was amazed...and then i just wanted to get donuts, haha, but i didn't because we're broke - good thing lol
#277 of 355 Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 PM

Thanks, veganamama! I feel almost as though my body is failing me that I can't be a lot more active, and then I have to remember that I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant

I was measuring just 35cm on Monday... but he does feel really low. I'm looking forward to the scan tomorrow.

I just walked today.. but a hilly 4 mile walk. The pressure is quite intense sometimes... and then prenatal yoga tonight. Wow, does this belly get in the way!!!

I think I'll be preggo for a good while longer, too! Though I did read in Dr. Clapp's exercise book that active mamas tend to have their LO between week 39-40

Zubee

#278 of 355 Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM

I'm still going too. Definitely getting very cumbersome to work out. Went to a yoga class tonight and had trouble going from down dog into lunges. I get frustrated and then look in the mirror and see this huge belly
Still doing spin 1-2 times a week as well. Had to stop wearing my spin shoes though. My feet are only a little swollen but spin shoes are so tight and unforgiving that they gave me a huge blister on one of my toes. Hopefully I'll be able to fit in them again postpartum.
Keep up the good work ladies. I can't wait to see how fast we all get back to our workout routines after the baby arrives.
#279 of 355 Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM

I have trouble going from Down Dog to lunges too! I have to put my knee down first and on my left side I actually have to use my hand to bring my leg forward.
And forget about plank. Belly is too heavy!

I ran a couple of miles yesterday and worked out with the trainer for an hour on Tuesday. A little sore today.

Interesting about fitmamas generally going between 39-40 weeks. That is definitely the case with my older two. They were 39w5d and 39w2d.

I have now gained 27 lbs (at 36w5d) but I think I am OK with that. If he nurses anything like his brother (with whom I gained 47 lbs even though i ran until I was 8 months PG) I will need it!

Hmmm, must go get a falafel sanwhich for lunch, tee hee..........

#280 of 355 Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM

wow interesting about fit mamas going earlier- that definitely wasn't the case with my 1st and I was super active- teaching 4 exercise classes a day! Hoping this one is sooner though!

Haha- my yoga teacher always says "hobble, waddle, or do whatever to get yourself into your lunge from downdog" hahaha- she knows how hard it is for us super preggos to do I guess!
#281 of 355 Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 PM

lol, me too on the lunges/downward dog.. and then moving from downward dog back to standing. My tummy just plain gets in the way!

I think I'll be one of those fit mamas who goes late!! Marathon running gym woman was 9 days late.. !!!

I skipped the gym this morning and really regret it. I am in grumpy mood because of it. Maybe I should try and head there this afternoon as it's pouring down - yet again - here.

I had a scan yesterday and I shouldn't have been too worried about the fundal height! They guesstimated him to be 7 pounds 13!! I know these aren't the best indicators, but it at least shows he's growing very nicely

Any of you fitmamas on facebook? I'm under Alex Campbell and under the Portland, ME, and Cambridge University networks.

#282 of 355 Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 PM

zubeldia- I'm on facebook! I'll add you
#283 of 355 Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Great! Your little one is such a sweetie!!!!

#284 of 355 Old 07-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Zubee, I am not on Facebook yet since I can't access it at work but I am planning to join when I am at home.

I wanted to run today but just realized I have chiro so I probably won't. it messes with my adjustment if I go right afterwards.

So maybe just yoga.

Hi Lindsay!

#285 of 355 Old 07-03-2009, 10:03 PM

yay, we're facebook friends. I *LOVE* your nursery!! This one won't have a nursery, but we co-sleep anyway and our DD didn't ever really *go* in hers, so I guess it's okay Curse of subsequent children I guess!

I have yoga tomorrow morning, today my mom babysat so DH and I could get one last pre-baby date in, so we spent the day hanging out- lots of walking though. Man I am starting to waddle! 2 more weeks (or maybe less or maybe more- hopefully less or just exactly 2!).
#286 of 355 Old 07-04-2009, 05:56 AM

HI veganamana, I hope your back is doing okay.. and the chiro helped. Mine is off for a few days and, man, do I feel it. I've just lain awake for most of the night having contractions, and it really seemed to aggravate my back pain. Of course now I'm up (before 4am) they stopped.. so I'm off to the gym to see if I can get things moving!

Aw, Lindsay, you have the most precious little one!! The belly shots of you and her are gorgeous. I had to show my DH the pic of your daughter with that massive smile on her face as she clutches her soft toy:: It makes me smile every time I look at it!

Thanks for your compliments re: nursery! We're planning on cosleeping too!! But.. we're first time parents Hopefully he'll be in there at some point, even just for naps.. and I intend to hang out in there!

I'm about to head to the gym now. I'm just waiting for it to open (6am). I'm 12 days to my due date but the prelabor stuff is beginning to feel a bit more intense. I know, though, that this can go on for WEEKS!

Any plans for the 4th?

#287 of 355 Old 07-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Just got back from yoga and now I'm getting ready so we can head up with some friends to a lake about an hour away for play and then fireworks. It's funny- a girl in my class who is due 10 days after me is talking about how her midwife "calls her every day and has her bags packed" and I am thinking... I still have 2 weeks left! LOL.

I was *sure* I was going to go at like 38 weeks last time because of all the prodromal stuff... so for some reason this time it's like I am almost completely ignoring all of it because I know it means nothing. It makes me less hormonal if I go over I guess. Which I probably will!
#288 of 355 Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 PM

Hi Ladies! I did no exercise this weekend. We had a funeral out of town Saturday and then we had a last minute shopping flurry yesterday.

So I saw the trainer Tuesday, ran Wednesday and did yoga Friday but nothing since then.

Must run today! I have never run quite this far into a PG before. With DD I ahd bad sciatica and switched to swimming and with DS I was just too fat at this point so I switched to swimming.

Definitely don't have time to make it to the pool working full time with 2 little ones now though so running it is!

I want to thank you all for hanging out here with me, it's been so fun and super motivating!

#289 of 355 Old 07-07-2009, 12:15 PM

I "ran" last night. And I bumped in to DH who ran our regular route (too hilly for me now). We usually run on opposite days but we were home eaqrly enough before the nanny leaves that we were able tog o at the same time.

He actually laughed when he saw me running. I guess he hasn't seen me do it in awhile. he said I looked like I was trying to run "around the belly".

Stinker.

#290 of 355 Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 PM

Im working out...again...if that counts...

I stopped extra activity pretty much when my prodromal labour started (24th of may)..as any increaased activity made contractions stronger, but not any more productive....

But Sorel is almost two weeks old and Ive started doing a little bit. Not much because Im still healing - but Im doing pevlic lifts (tones the lower abs), and walking...

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#291 of 355 Old 07-09-2009, 01:16 PM

So far I'm still working out... I had some good energy on Monday to do cardio and weight machines, but I'm not sure if that's going to change soon. I've been super-tired since then.

I feel good about working out because *everyone* I talk to says I look great (no swollen ankles or chubbiness) and they can't believe I'm so close to delivering. OK, maybe I'm shallow and hung up on my physical appearance. But feeling good about my body keeps me upbeat about the other challenges of being PG. And I know I'm in "fighting shape" for my upcoming labor.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
#292 of 355 Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM

wow. i just have to say that i never looked at this thread, although i always saw that it had new posts. i can not believe you ladies are still working out! i wish i had the will power! good for you and im sure your labors will be smooth and strong!

joyful student mama to DS 2-05, open adoption birthmama to DD 5-07: and DS 6-98, crazy in love with DH, and loving our new baby boy! 7-09:!!
#293 of 355 Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsky View Post
I feel good about working out because *everyone* I talk to says I look great (no swollen ankles or chubbiness) and they can't believe I'm so close to delivering.
Kristin
This has been my biggest motivation to keep working out. Absolutely no swelling in my feet or legs. If I've gone more than 3 days or so without a workout, I start swelling. Luckily as soon as I workout it goes away. I live in the hot/humid south and it's quite amazing that I've managed to not have any swelling at 38 weeks pregnant. My other pregnancies I've been huge and swollen!
Taking the day off today from working out as I've had a busy week but will be back at the gym on Friday and Saturday - if I'm not in labor
#294 of 355 Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 PM

I guess I'm shallow too but I do enjoy the "you're the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen" comments that I sometimes get. Someone yesterday told me that I "must get stopped all the time" because of it. Ummm... not really, but thanks!

I did 5 miles at the gym yesterday and then was up all night with contractions... but I'm obviously still pregnant. Darn! Had to miss yoga today because my sister and her husband came into town and wanted to visit. Big time DARN.

I hope whoever on here is right that said that in shape mommas go sooner!!

Oh and Zubeldia had her baby!! Yay!
#295 of 355 Old 07-09-2009, 08:12 PM

Hi everyone!

So glad that you're all working out still! And, Lindsay, thank you for letting people know! I did indeed have my baby on Tuesday.

it was a wonderful birth - and I can't wait to write up my birthing story, but the preceding few days were hell; just HELL. I was having back issues for a few weeks and it got so bad over the weekend that I was admitted to the L&D. Three nights of no sleep, morphine shots which didn't even touch the pain, and just a plain rotten time. It turned out I was having renal issues. They're not sure of the etiology but it was either the baby on my renal tubing causing nephritis, or it was a pregnancy related hormonal nephritis. I spent Sunday into Tuesday on all fours, vomiting with pain. It was seriously terrifying. The nurses and Drs were phenomenal and even though it looked as though I was going to have to have every intervention under the sun, I had a very natural, unmedicated birth.. and not even an induction needed! I was being prepared for one and it turned out I was in the early stages of labor!

The labor was amazing.. very quick (6 hours.. and he's my first). The hypnobabies was VERY helpful, and I have to say that being fit and strong got me through labor after a few days of serious pain and sleep deprivation. IN fact the nurses kept commenting on my fitness and focus...

I posted some pics on my blog

http://usandpoppet.blogspot.com/

#296 of 355 Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 PM

My first birth was 6 hours as welll.... so hoping this one is even quicker or about the same. I am doing hypnobabies as well and looking forward to seeing it in use
Unless I'm just pregnant forever... which seems like a distinct possibilities right now hahaha
#297 of 355 Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Congrats Zubee and Poiyt!!! Poiyt, I started running again a 4 weeks PG with both kidlets. You are such a stud working out already!

Zubee, Rafi is adorable and you look soooo happy and great! I am glad that you dispelled the myth that women who are in great shape have longer labours!

I am doing Hypnobabies as well! I didn't do it with my other two so I am eager to see if it makes a big difference for me. Both my labours were pretty long.

I also have no swelling at all. I am still wearing my wedding rings and have no leg or ankle swelling. I am 38 weeks tomorrow and figure I ahve about 10 days left in this PG.

I haven't run since Monday since I worked late Tuesday night, went to a music festival with DH and the kids Wednesday night, it was DD's 7th birthday yesterday and today I have chiro and I don't like to run right after an adjustment. Tomorrow is DD's party but I may be able to run in the evening.

I did go to power yoga on Wednesday and I am going for Hatha yoga today and then I am meeting my trainer for 50 minutes.

Vanity is a motivator for me. I am 42. I love showing people that you can be fit and pregnant (and cute) even when "you are so old".

I still don't look pregnant from behind even though I have gained 28 lbs.

But mostly I know being in shape and working out is great for the baby. My kids are super smart and healthy and I have to attribute some of that to all the extra oxygen they got in utero!

#298 of 355 Old 07-13-2009, 06:04 PM

Hi ladies, anyone still here with me?

38w2d. Still no swelling. Had some menstrual type cramping on the weekend so I assume things are starting.

I'm not in a big hurry though, I'd like to finish up this week at least at work.

Ran yesterday. 4K.

#299 of 355 Old 07-13-2009, 06:25 PM

I'm still here. Due on Sunday. We have our birth tub set up... it's taking up our whole living room so I'm hoping to go into labor relatively soon. I kind of would prefer not to go overdue. I'm just sooooooo ready but trying really really really hard to be content.

I did 3 miles today- not a lot but my husband came to the gym with me and he was ready to go. I'll probably get on the treadmill and eliptical every day until he's born and do yoga on all the days I can. I get a lot of contrax at night, but always wake up still pregnant haha.
#300 of 355 Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 PM

Still here - most pregnant I've ever been. Had my other 3 by this point in pregnancy (2 inductions, 1 spontaneous ROM). Walked the big bridge in our town on Saturday, went to a spin class on Sunday, and then went to Body Pump this morning. Everyone at the gym is surprised to see me. Hoping the activity will kick start this baby into coming.
Luckily still no swelling and so far my BP is staying pretty consistent - had pre-e in all my prior pregnancies.
May try to get to a yoga class tomorrow - I feel like I need the stretching for my back and hips.
So glad I'm not the only 38+weeker still going. This thread has been great motivation for me throughout this pregnancy. And now I have a few gym friends who are pregnant and they say I'm keeping them motivated. Glad we can all help each other keep fit during pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page