Who is still working out? - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 355 Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Lizzie, I have been this pregnant before but I have never run so far into a pregnancy before.

I think it's great that we all avoided any swelling this time.

I don't think I've ever worn my wedding rings this far either.

Lindsay, I cannot believe you are still doing 3 miles. Wow.

I will try to run tomorrow, do yoga Wednesday, run Thursday and see my trainer Friday. Then run Saturday, have a long nap and go in to labour Sunday.

Whaddya think?

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#302 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 03:22 PM

In my final week, I went to ballet class and swimming. I didn't know it would be the last week. Samuel, our first, was born 38wks4days. He must have felt life would be calmer on the outside than inside my jumping turning belly in ballet class.

Since he's been born, we've been taking two mile walks in the park, me pushing his stroller. DH pushed some yesterday while I ran a mile. Running felt great. It made me feel human again.

My back is tired after delivery or spending so much time sitting and laying trying to breastfeed. I don't think I've sat down this much since high school. I'm a busy person, so it is weird to me to rest. I've done some pelvic rocks to help, but not as many as I should do. It's getting better.
#303 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Wow-- I can't believe that some of you are already back to working out PP already-- my midwife was adamant that I not workout at all until I stopped bleeding, about 4 weeks was her specification. I haven't had my baby yet, but I can promise you I'm not doing much now, but waddlin' around waiting for the kid to come. I had a dream last night that I was on my eliptical and soooo happy, I can't wait to get back in shape!!

Flo, SAHM to a fearless, crazy, off-the-wall DD (7/22/09) and Power Yoga Instructor the rest of the time   Expecting #2 in July 2012

#304 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM

I am still feeling very much bruised and battered after the birth, and not recovered from the blood loss yet, so I am feeling very sleepy and tired a lot of the time.

I am not planning on working out any time soon. Actually, I was told that I need to strengthen my pelvic floor and abdominal muscles some before even starting. It could do more damage than good to start too early I have been told.
#305 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious&eager View Post
My back is tired after delivery or spending so much time sitting and laying trying to breastfeed. I don't think I've sat down this much since high school. I'm a busy person, so it is weird to me to rest.
I had this with my first child - couldn't figure out why my butt was so sore. Finally figured out that it was from sitting on it all day nursing and holding a sleeping baby. I'd never sat that much in my whole life.
#306 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM

I didn't start working out until 4 weeks PP with my older two so I imagine it will be the same this time.

Went to power yoga at lunch, will run tomorrow and then see my trainer on Friday. Hopefully I will get one last run in on Saturday because I have a strong feeling this baby is coming on the weekend

#307 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 PM

I guess I didn't specifically ask if I could work out or not. I did ask kind of jokingly after they stitched me up, "So, how long until I can ride my bike again?" I felt that would be a long ways off, and to my surprise (I had no desire to ride on tons of stitches), my midwife answered, "I'd give it four weeks." The hospital let me go outside for a 30 minute walk the day after I gave birth, so I know walking is ok. Jogging to me is not much more stress on the body if I take it easy.

What they did say about exercising was if I was bleeding a lot more, then I've done too much and I need to slow down and rest. I bled a good bit the first week, but now it's already down to one pantyliner a day, a few days I haven't seen any blood. My body feels miserable without exercise. So that's why I've been outside working out.

But, you guys are doing better than me, communicating with your doctors. I've not been communicative. So, I don't know if what I'm doing is right. But, what I've read in books about waiting six weeks doesn't make sense. I guess it's a good suggestion for majority of people, but maybe not to us on this thread that have managed to run up until the last day (not me- I stopped about 35 weeks). It's way more easier to run now without a big belly and squished longs.

So, don't follow what I'm doing. I'm just crazy in the house and a good bit depressed, and exercising outdoors makes me feel better.
#308 of 355 Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 PM

I am so jealous. I usually bleed for 4-5 weeks.

#309 of 355 Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 AM

Im still bleeding (3weeks post partum) I didnt actually think I tore, until I looked about 2 weeks ago...so Im thinking I should take it a little easier..but I dont like sitting still.

I hear you on the back thing. With DD#1 I hurt so bad some days/nights that I would literally be nursing and crying from pain. With this one Im doing side lying nursing right away (took me months with dd#1 to figure it out) SO MUCH EASIER.

Ive started doing 100 squats a day - its my go to thing..lol. Im more muscle than cardio (I hike but dont run..) It tones my lower abs and my legs and butt! It feels great!

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#310 of 355 Old 07-16-2009, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

I'm 9 days PP and I went to the gym this morning (after being up almost all night!). I took it very easy - just 3 miles on the elliptical. Frankly, I couldn't wait to get back to the little guy so just cut it short. I've been doing some walking with the poppet, too, but nothing too much. I tore (thanks to a hand on his head...!) and I don't know when I'll be out on my bike or in my rowing shell.. hopefully soon. I didn't ask my Dr. about when it would be okay.. I think I'm operating under the policy 'don't ask, don't tell'. The nurse said yesterday 6 weeks.. but by that point I'll be ready to down xanax I'm taking it easy, listening to my body, and if I see a lot more bleeding I'll certainly cut down/stop. I'm hoping the bleeding stops soon...

Not long to go for you still-pregnant-fit-mamas

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#311 of 355 Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Just got back from yoga- definitely the most pregnant mom there! It's a prenatal class. But not many can say "I'm due on Sunday" like I did when we go around with our due dates haha. The lady next to me asked if I'm just naturally fit or if I did something that made me look so perfect when pregnant. Awwww.... very sweet of her since I am soooo over being pregnant LOL. I plan to go to the gym today and do some cardio after DD gets up from her nap. I have a feeling I'll be at yoga on Saturday as well- the DAY before I'm due haha.
#312 of 355 Old 07-19-2009, 03:56 PM

I went back to ballet class this week, 2.5 weeks after giving birth. I took it easy and did not do any jumping. I also did ride my bike. I got depressed because ds wanted to eat all day long yesterday, sometimes just thirty minutes apart, so I eventually gave up and in tears handed him off to my dh saying, "I can't do this," and went outside for a ride.

It was a bit goofy because with the stitches, I didn't sit down much on the bike. I'm sure the stitches have disappeared, it just won't make sense to put a hard bike seat on a tender area, so I rode standing up most of the time. I would sit going downhill, but I kept the seat off to the side. I kept it short and easy definitely staying in the neighborhood. I was missing riding and the wind through my hair and the coolness outside helped me a bunch. I've feeding ds again much happier today than I did yesterday.
#313 of 355 Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM

I'm hoping to make it to the gym Monday morning unless the babe decides to come tonight. We had a very busy weekend so I haven't worked out since Friday. I'm sure if I do go everyone will be shocked to see me there - my due date is Wednesday - heck I'm shocked I'm still going. I figure though I've kept it up this long, might as well keep going.
I'll be curious to see how soon I want to go back after the baby comes. Last pregnancy it was about 2 weeks.
Hope all of us pregnant mommas meet our babies soon!
#314 of 355 Old 07-20-2009, 09:43 AM

My due date was yesterday... planning on going to the gym today in about an hour. Ugh- I was hoping I would NOT be making it to the gym this week. Ick. I'm ready for my postpartum fitness routine!
#315 of 355 Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM

I'm still here too! i am 39w2d which is when I ahd DS so I am kind of suprised to still be here.

Worked out Friday but not on the weekend. it was DH's birthday yesterday.

Will try to run tonight.

I started running at 4w PP with both my kids. I am just going to listen to my body this time. I do bleed a lot though and I really don't love running with a big pad on!

Congrats to all of you starting back exercising already. I am in awe!

#316 of 355 Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 AM

I have to take a break from working out this week because I spent Sunday in the hospital with kidney stones and a kidney infection. So much fun at 39 weeks. Baby's fine and I'm fine as long as I have my pain meds on a regular schedule. Now I want baby to stay in so I can build up my strength for labor! (What a difference a day makes...)

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
#317 of 355 Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 AM

Majorsky so sorry to hear about your kidney problems. I was admitted to hospital at 38.5 weeks with some nephritis. It is the worst pain I have ever experienced. Morphine didn't touch the pain. I didn't sleep for three days and nights before the birth... Somehow I got the energy from somewhere and had a wonderful birth.. but I feel your pain

veganmama and linsay... surely it must be any day now!!

Rafi is 2 weeks today. I've been mostly walking with him in his sling..a couple of walks a day (betweem 2-4 miles). This morning I went to the gym and used the elliptical. I'm working my way up.. so 3 miles last week and 4 today. I actually feel good, but I am still bleeding and i think my stitches may actually be seeping... Eek. I cant wait to be back on my bike and rowing...

Zubee

#318 of 355 Old 07-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubeldia View Post
Majorsky so sorry to hear about your kidney problems.
Thank you. The pain is back and I'm waiting to hear if I need to return to the hospital this morning or if they'll give me stronger pain meds at home.

Kristin

#319 of 355 Old 07-21-2009, 12:19 PM

Oh Kristin, I am so sorry. That is just NOT what you need at 39 weeks plus!
Hang in there chica, I hope you can get some rest before the big show!

Still here. 39w3d. Kind of surprised since DS was born by now. I guess they are all different!

#320 of 355 Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 PM

Still pregnant as well. 40wks2days. Hoping to go into labor SOON! I went to yoga this morning, which was really nice. I was about ready to head to the gym with DD and DH but I decided to sit home a veg by myself. I'm just sick of people asking me why I'm still pregnant I guess. I know, I know, I should not let them get to me.
#321 of 355 Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM

Oh Lindsay, I so know what you mean. My MIL in particular keeps asking " you're still there?" every time she phones. No, we had the baby and didn't tell you!!
Also, I am still working and everyone acts all suprised to see me every day.

I wanted to go to the gym at lunch but just realized I had taken my gym bag home to wash everything and forgot to bring it back. Blah!

This is the most PG I have ever been without being in labour at least. 39w4d. DS was 2 days old by now and I was in the middle of my 47.5 hour labour with DD.

Just as well though. I have to go to a wake tonight and a funeral tomorrow. My next door neighbour's 23 year old son, her only child, died in a car accident Sunday night. She was away camping and didn't find out and fly home until yesterday.
DH has known him since he was a ittle boy, he jsut moved out last year. We bought this house from my ILs 6 years ago, it is the hosue DH grew up in.

My kids are pretty rattled. This is the second time this year I have had to tell them about a young person they know dying. Their 3 year old cousin died of cancer in october.
My DS, of all people, is very worried about Cathy. He keeps asking me if she is sad, then saing her is sad for her and climbing on my lap. DD hasn't said much but has reverted to sucking her thumb.
Cathy is a retired pediatric nurse and loves kids. She and my kids have daily chats over the fence. I often tease her that she must feel like a rockstar when she comes out to garden or hang up her laundry, my kids are so happy to see her.

Anyway, it's just such a tragedy.

#322 of 355 Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 PM

I feel a little bit like a rockstar in that I went for a run today!

39w6d. I have never been this PG before.

DH hasn't been too keen on my running by myself the last week and i don't want to slow him down so I got the bright idea that we should drive up to the high school and run around the track.

i was pretty pissed at how many times he lapped me though!

#323 of 355 Old 07-30-2009, 12:11 AM

Ran 4K tonight. 40w4d.

Zubee's little man Rafi is 3 weeks old and she is back working out! Go Zubee!

#324 of 355 Old 07-30-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Ran 4K tonight. 40w4d.
You are a wonder woman!

I'm looking forward to working out again. My little boy is a week old today (where does the time go????) and I'll give it at least another week, probably two, before I try working out. I can't take DS to our local gym childcare, and don't want to anyway until he's much older, so I'll have to change my workout routine to the evenings so my DH can watch the baby. I'm not crazy about working out in the evening, but that's just how it will have to be for a while. I think I'll try doing intermediate yoga to begin with because it really helps me get back in shape quickly.

Kristin

#325 of 355 Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Hi Ladies,
My babe was born last Tuesday (7/21) and I'm dying to go back to the gym. I've been walking a few times but that just doesn't cut it. How soon are all of you going to resume your workouts?
My OB said 4-6 weeks but it seems crazy that I was working out hard until the day before delivery and then have to wait that long.
I'm thinking I'll ease back in with a yoga class and see how that goes. Then can decide how fast to resume the weights and cardio.
Anyone have any other good ideas for postpartum workouts?
#326 of 355 Old 07-30-2009, 07:06 PM

I didn't run until 4 weeks PP with my previous pregnancies but I think yoga may be doable before that. And maybe some light resistance training?

What did those of you who have had their babes already start with if you are back at it?

#327 of 355 Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM

My last pregnancy I started some cardio and resistance training (eliptical I believe) at about 3 weeks PP. So I'm at 1 week tomorrow....2 more to go at least, I'm getting antsy! But my midwives keep telling me I need to rest to recover fully... so I'm TRYING.

Our gym will let babies come starting at 6 weeks, so I'll probably go before that for short times while DH can watch the baby and I can take our 2 y.o. with me. But of course, being the food source I can't be gone for very long!
#328 of 355 Old 07-31-2009, 08:17 AM

I went to the gym a couple pf times after about a week... but I took things very easy. I was back on the bike last week. I dropped it in to a conversation with my Dr. and she didnt say anything. That said, I started to bleed a little bit last night and this morning, so i decided not to do anything this morning other than walk with the babe (who is ONE month on Tuesday! Wowsa).He is gaining weight like a champ (over 2 pounds in 2 weeks!) and I have been feeling great, physically. Seriously, exercise is crucial to my mental health.. and my Dr/friend definitely knows that...

VM - any sense that things are progressing?

Lindsay, your little one is such a cutie!!

Zubee

#329 of 355 Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 PM

Hi ladies!

Am I the only one who hasn't given birth yet?

Will try to run tonight if it cools down enough.

40w6d.

#330 of 355 Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page