Do you have lots of friends pregnant too? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When I got pregnant I thought I was going to be so alone in the experience since I'm 40 and all my friends are waayyy past having kids. Even my younger friends are done.
I only had one person I knew that was pregnant this time and hoped to get to know her better just so I'd have someone to talk to about similar things.

Well, surprise! Last night I find out that all 3 of my co-LaLeche League leaders are pregnant. We are all due May thru Sept :
I know it's silly but I'm so glad that I'll have peers to share the whole baby thing with. And 3 of us are using the same midwife and having homebirths which is I think is great too.

I know it's silly but I just never get tired of talking about baby stuff At least my DH won't have to hear it all now LOL

What about you? Do you have friends that are pregnant to share with?

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the first pregnancy I've had where none of my friends are expecting around the same time. Two are going to be ttc later this year, but with dd1 two friends were also due within a month either way and with dd2 my friend was due a week later. I'm cashing in on it though, because 2 friends are lending me their newborn stashes of diapers, which I can then pass on to the next pregnant friend along with all of mine since this is our last.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#3 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
One of my friends is due 4 weeks after me. It's nice. Last time I didn't have anyone I knew pregnant or with small kids. We were the first. (which is weird since I was 32 and DH was 42)
#4 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 03:27 PM

None of my friends are pregnant or have ever been pregnant.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#5 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 PM

I am longing to discover that some of my friends are also pregnant. I am 37 and my friends are long done having children - I thought I was too!

I have two close friends in their early 40's who have fertility problems and I just would be so happy if they became pregnant too. I do feel a bit lonely with this pregnancy so far.

~ Mum to ds1 , dd : and ds2
#6 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 04:12 PM

One of DH's cousins is due about 4 weeks after me. We're not super-close, but we see each other at family events and things like that. It is nice not being the only pregnant one.

love.gif

#7 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 04:17 PM

My sil is pg with her first due almost the same time I am due. However, we are not close and I get the feeling our parenting style will be totally opposite, so I don't feel any kind of kinship with her about being pregnant. I have another friend who is pregnant, but due in March. I know a few other random moms in my moms group who are pregnant, but I am not very close to them. With this being baby #3 for me (I'm too practical and won't be buying new things unless I have to) and not having very pleasant pregnancies (nausea and vomiting the entire time), I probably wouldn't be a very good pg buddy anyway...
#8 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 04:26 PM

My SIL is due about 4 weeks before me...her 2nd and my 3rd. My second DD is 9 months older than their son. The three cousins are so close, its really cool. I am hoping they stay close even though last week we went from .9 mi apart to almost 1000 miles apart. Its obviously going to be different...my DD2 and my nephew were at the same daycare, the same music class and we both had the same days off during the week, so we spent lots of time together but I am hoping we still get to see each other. Or better yet...I am hoping they move here too! :
#9 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 05:00 PM

I feel like everyone is poping up pregnant around me. We have 2 family members that are due in April and several of my friends in Alabama are pregnant as well. It makes me sad that I'm not there to be pregnant with them. I've also got several online friends that are pregnant as well. It is always more fun/comforting to feel like you have people to go through it together.
#10 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 PM

My SIL just found out she is pregnant! She's due in September. I'm beyond estatic!

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#11 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
None of my friends are pregnant or have ever been pregnant.
Ditto. I'm the lone pregnant chick in my circle of friends!

Alicewyf: doula, wife to DH, and mama to Lillian (7/09) and Daniel (6/12).
#12 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
TONS of women I know are pregnant. Two at dh's work (one I'm fairly good friends with). One is due in May with twins, the other 2 weeks ahead of me! Also, two women I know from Church (one due 10 days before me, the other 7 weeks behind me). Two moms in ds2's toddler group are due this Spring (one with twins, dunno what's up with all these spring twins!). Also, another mom I know from a private online messaging board!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#13 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Two of my friends are due in March, one in May, and I just found out that one is due in Auguest. My SIL is also due in May. It seems like there are babies everywhere!

It's really nice to have so many friends pregnant at the same time and it's a huge change when I was pregnant with DS and all my friends were single, childless, and students!

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#14 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM

One of my work friends is due the same day as me, which is freaky. Also, my cousin's wife is due the following week. I have one friend who is due in March, but I never see her anymore! That's it, I'm not super close with the two due in July, but it is nice to have someone to talk to at work.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#15 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Pregnancies are popping up everywhere among my friends and acquaintances, and the freaky thing is that almost everyone was totally shocked by their positive tests! Both my SIL's are pregnant and due in May, I have one friend due in March, I found out 2 girls I go to school with are pregnant and due this summer, and my voice teacher is due in June. I feel like I should start warning my other friends that I may be contagious!

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#16 of 21 Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have a couple of pregnant friends, and one who just had her baby but we were simultaneously pregnant for a little while there. On top of that, my clients are starting to notice I'm pregnant, which is nice because we can connect on that level/common ground. I love it!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#17 of 21 Old 01-15-2009, 04:25 AM

3 of my LLL friends are pregnant too! Plus one other applicant that I haven't met yet, but is joining our group

None of my other friends are PG with me though.. except my ex's wife, (who we are still friends with).

ETA: My last pregnancy almost ALL my friends got PG around the same time as I did!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#18 of 21 Old 01-15-2009, 12:28 PM

Nope, but like you Ann, most of my friends are done. I am 41. I am hoping my little sister might get PG again soon but her hands are pretty full with her 15 month old.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#19 of 21 Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm the first mom-to-be among most of my friends and definitely among my close friends. Many of my husband's friends are now daddies so he has been asking their advice. My SIL just had a baby on New Year's Eve (her first). Unfortunately I now live in a city where none of my family or friends are.
#20 of 21 Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM

mags, this is the exact same situation as me, except substitute SIL for cousin. Well, my husband's cousin's wife, which now technically is my cousin by marriage

She just had her baby, and I'm due very end of June or beginning of July, so they'll be 6 months apart and will see each other at family gatherings. They live one town away.

We could not be more different in philosophies and parenting styles. Last Christmas gathering was sort of awkward because everyone was asking me questions about cloth diapers and birth center births and being very condescending. I wanted to grill her about her very medical birth plan but didn't want to go there.

No one else I am friends with is pregnant, and we're one of the first to WANT and have children (the rest are just horrified at the thought of them). There's one girl at school that I just sort of know that is having a baby the end of this month, but I see her just a few times. At least I can talk to her every now and then, so that's been nice. We also have a couple that's really good friends with my husband who moved from CO and have a 9 month-old, so that will be fun to see if the friendship develops.

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#21 of 21 Old 01-15-2009, 05:18 PM

Unfortunately no, I'm in my late 30-ties and most all of my close friends are ~10 years older than I am.

Everyone I know is done

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page