Going stir crazy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-28-2009, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are in the middle of an exceptionally cold winter and I can't stand it anymore. We normally go to a playgroup today but both the girls and I have terrible colds and I didn't feel like going through the hassle of bundling up, driving and unloading. I haven't taken dd1 who is 3 outside to play at all this winter and dh is busy when it is light out. I just feel like a sloth sitting around inside. I can't wait for spring to get here.:

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-28-2009, 07:37 PM

I too have felt so confined this winter!! It seems as if it will never end. When the weather is nice, I like to walk around a small lake that is near our house (for exercise), and I also enjoy gardening. So I am totally looking forward to spring!! Once or twice a week this winter (weather permitting), I have been trying to take my kids out for a half an hour or so to play in the snow. They love it and I too enjoy a little fresh air after being cooped up!! But it still is not the same. I think that the yucky weather makes us really appreciate the nice weather when it comes!! Hurry spring!!
#3 of 6 Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM

I have no idea how you guys do it, I would go nuts!

I probably shouldn't mention that I took my daughter swimming last Friday...

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#4 of 6 Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM

I am so ready for spring!! I am tired of being so cold!!!! All the winter gear on and off ... grrrr!

I have noticed the days getting longer ... there is hope!
#5 of 6 Old 01-28-2009, 08:23 PM

I am going stir crazy too but not because of the weather...we just moved and I don't know anyone yet. Plus, DD2's (just turned 3 yr) new thing is to run away from me wherever we go, while DD1's (5.5 yr) new thing is massive tantrums...I am sure its all part of the transition for them but it is HARD! So I am in a bigger city trying to navigate where to go, find a place that is supposedly going to be fun, but instead have one kid in tears, screaming at me while the other one is running away...it hasn't helped motivate me to leave the house as much as would be good for all of us!

Vent over!
#6 of 6 Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM

I am going crazy too! We got hit with so much snow today, that practically the entire town was shut down. It's been an exceptionally bad winter. I have bad nausea and vomiting, the ENTIRE family has the flu and we're all cooped up at home. We are going to an indoor waterpark as a minivacation in a couple of wks and I, along with my DH and kids are sooooo looking foward to it. We need to getaway from all the snow and ice!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page