The Official Rude Comments Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*sigh* I've got another one...

This weekend, I was at the grocery store and decided to grab some things from the deli for the BBQ we were having for Memorial Day. The deli lady said to me as I was waiting to order, "Are you in labor?!" My husband starts laughing, and I managed to utter a confused "No." She then asks... "When are you due? Today?!" What?! Do I seriously look that huge?!?

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#62 of 63 Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
*sigh* I've got another one...

This weekend, I was at the grocery store and decided to grab some things from the deli for the BBQ we were having for Memorial Day. The deli lady said to me as I was waiting to order, "Are you in labor?!" My husband starts laughing, and I managed to utter a confused "No." She then asks... "When are you due? Today?!" What?! Do I seriously look that huge?!?
Wow, that's pretty bad.

The other day, the cashier at Target, an older man, said something like, "Due pretty soon, huh?" I said, "In July." (Didn't tell him it was the end of July though!) Then he said, "So, more than one?" I was like uuhh, no, just one! And then he said, "Really?" Well I suppose anything's possible, but yeah, after 3 ultrasounds, I'm pretty sure!

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#63 of 63 Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM

this isn't really rude, but was annoying considering who it came from. I was at my 32 week apointment and the nurse who was taing my BP asked me how far along I was. Then she said, "only 8 more weeks then at the most!" I kinda looked at her funny and said "at the LEAST." Of course that's not quite true either, but I'm not so good with the witty comebacks, lol. I'm a little sensitive about everyone thinking 40 weeks is an expiration date, and especially someone who works in the women's health clinic!

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page