Have you figured out baby names yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2009, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I feel SOOOOO sneaky! No one knows we're having a girl. :
And no one is supposed to know the names.
I'm DYING to tell someone!

Mary Eleanor- Mary is my dh's paternal grandmother, Eleanor is my maternal grandmother (whom I miss dearly and have found myself thinking of her a lot this pg, even though she's been gone for almost 9 years).

If, I ever have more little girls...
Adelaide Rose
Emmeline Joy

My fave boys names are:
Edison Richard
Archer James

I may be a bit of a planner.

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 07:00 PM

We're pretty traditional when it comes to names. Ever since I was little I knew I would name my first girl Elizabeth (and call her Beth). But now DH and my mom and even our best friends are saying they won't call her Beth!! I threatened to just change the name (rather name her something else than have her called Liz).

BUT I think I have settled on the nicknames Elle/Ellie/Ella. That seems to be acceptable to everyone.

It would be hilarious if we had a second girl because that plan is to name her Arabella and call her Bella. I could have an Ella and a Bella.

For boys the ONLY name we can agree on is Benjamin.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
Old 03-20-2009, 11:54 PM

We have had our boy name since like 1 week after we found out!
Girl names have been harder to come by...

Boy: Isaac Stephen
The u/s said it's a girl...but just in case!

Girl: Claire Elizabeth

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 PM

This little girl will be named Graysen Rose. I'm pretty sure we are set on the spelling of her name now too.

Snuzzmom, I love the name Honor and it was on our list, but DH vetoed it.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 PM

We're not even close to picking names! I think we would have a boy's name if we had to choose right now, but no idea about a girl name. I am not completely convinced of the boy name either, but it's the only name that we've talked about yet, and we both thought it was okay.

Carlyn - loving and caring for my family.
Married 13 years, mama to 12 (boy), 8, 6, 4, 1 (girls)
Old 03-21-2009, 06:57 PM

We really have not discussed names too much. We use my last name as all our kiddos middle name so that is easy enough!

As far as first names, we agree on Bodhi for a boy.

I like Neela for a girl but my DH does not. He does not suggest any names that he does like for a girl.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
But now DH and my mom and even our best friends are saying they won't call her Beth!! I threatened to just change the name (rather name her something else than have her called Liz).
OR....... you could name her BETH So there aren't any other nicknames they could call her BTW, my daughter's middle name is Elizabeth and so is mine. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 PM

We aren't even close either. I don't feel comfortable naming the baby until it is born but narrowing it down is important.
With ds #2 after he was born we just didn't see any of our top names working for him and named him something we hadn't seriously considered during the pregnancy. Before I was pregnant even I said to dh "I have name that I thought would be good for our next child if it's a boy" and dh said "is it Isaac?" Which it was and we had never discussed that name before! I guess that was Isaac making it known he would be coming soon
We named ds #1 right away before we had even spent much time with him (except in utero of course) and I still don't always think his name is perfect.
His name is Aidan and part of the reason i might think that though is because it ended up being soooo popular that year

For boys' I have Calum and Gwydion and another now I can't recall.
Girls' are tough this time.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamerwindweb View Post
OR....... you could name her BETH So there aren't any other nicknames they could call her BTW, my daughter's middle name is Elizabeth and so is mine. LOL!
My 4 yr old daughter's middle name is Elizabeth, and that's the name of one niece and the middle name of another niece (they're all born within 1 yr of each other)...our family loves that name! My great-great aunt just turned 100. Her name is Elizabeth too

I think Bethany is also a beautiful name, but my husband hasn't taken to it yet. Maybe I'll get a grandbaby Bethany someday!

Carlyn - loving and caring for my family.
Married 13 years, mama to 12 (boy), 8, 6, 4, 1 (girls)
Old 03-22-2009, 01:15 AM

We're set on a girl's name, but not even narrowed down on a boy's name. Our kids all have names that are unique but not totally weird, and they seem to get harder to name each time. If it's a girl, she will be Marin (with the accent on the second syllable), which is a contraction of my husband's late mother's name. Possibly "Sophie" (French pronunciation, again the accent on the second syllable) for her middle name, which is for his mother's hometown.

Boys... we've tossed around Callen (spelled a variety of ways), Zinan, Sawyer, Quirin (pron like "Kieran")... seemingly loads of others... My husband LOVED Zephyr for about two days, then changed his mind... My brother loves "Breton" for the 2nd child his wife is determined they will never have, so he would love for us to use it. We just haven't found one that we're head-over-heels about... but, then, my youngest's name wasn't even much of a contender until she was born, then it seemed perfect...

My midwife told us about a woman who tried out new names on her baby every couple weeks for the first year of his life... Hopefully we will pick one out sooner than that!

Parenting four little monkeys (11, 8, 6, and 4) with the love of my life. Making it up as I go.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Carlyn- My name is Bethany and I think it's a great name. I never let anyone call me Beth b/c it is so much more common than Bethany. Hopefully you'll have it in your family sometime

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

Old 03-22-2009, 01:48 PM

We've had the name picked out for a while. We had DS1's name picked out from the beginning too (and I had it picked out for 10 years, lol)... his name is Sebastian.

This little one is a boy, and we've decided on Oliver. Unless, of course, he arrives and he doesn't seam like an Oliver.

I am actually pretty bummed because I already used my most favorite boy name in the world for Sebastian, and feel like this kid is getting hand-me-downs left and right already!

If he was a girl the name would have been Amelia.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM

If it is a girl it will definitely be Cora Frances.

For a boy we are playing around with Japhy, Marsden or August.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:38 PM

DH and I haven't figured out names. I like Oliver and Griffin and he likes Cruz (hate it) and Jack (I like it but it is really popular.) We both kind of like Theodore (nn Theo), but I'd much rather have Oliver or Griffin. I'm hoping he will come around soon.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Our girl will be one of these two names:

Alexis Peyton

or

Alexandria Leigh

I love the name Alex for a girl, so her name will definitely be shortened to a nickname. I'm just not sure which name I like more! What do you guys think?

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiegirl1974 View Post
DH and I haven't figured out names. I like Oliver and Griffin and he likes Cruz (hate it) and Jack (I like it but it is really popular.) We both kind of like Theodore (nn Theo), but I'd much rather have Oliver or Griffin. I'm hoping he will come around soon.
Oliver and Griffin were both on our list too... we picked Oliver.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 03-23-2009, 12:42 PM

I'm not really thinking about it yet. We had a few names each time right before birth and it took a little while once the girls were out before we decided anyway.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Old 03-23-2009, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post

Alexis Peyton

or

Alexandria Leigh

I love the name Alex for a girl, so her name will definitely be shortened to a nickname. I'm just not sure which name I like more! What do you guys think?
Bluewolf, I love Alex as a girl's nn too! Another option, is Alexia. I think Alexis and Alexandria are both beautiful, you can't go wrong with either one IMO.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Alexis Peyton
or
Alexandria Leigh
My preferrence is for Alexandria Leigh. I like the rhythm of it. For some reason Alexis Peyton just says soap opera to me (probably because of Alexis from Dynasty and Peyton Place, the original soap)

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 03-25-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
We are pretty sure she will be named Penelope Ann. Ann after my grandmother. The only problem I am having with it, is I really dislike Penny and my DH thinks there is no way around people calling her than when she is young. I am toying with the nn Poppy, but ideally I like Penelope and don't want it shortened.
I think Penelope is really sweet. I thought of that name recently because you don't see any little girls with it right now. You can always emphasize that her name is "Penelope" whenever people attempt to shorten it. "Penny is such a cute baby." "Yes, we were blessed with Penelope."

I have a boy name I feel good about -- Ryan Christopher. Or maybe a different middle name. But I'm really undecided about a girl name. With my last PG, it was the opposite. I felt strongly about a girl name but struggled with a boy name, and I had a girl. So maybe that means this one is a boy since I feel good about the boy name.

I haven't shared the name stuff with anyone... not even DH. He's seen my list of about 10 boy names that I like and 10 girl names that I'm OK with, but he doesn't know my favorites. I'm keeping this to myself for awhile because I can't stand when outsiders give their unsolicited opinions about baby names.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM
Old 03-25-2009, 03:41 PM

I love reading everyone's name choices. My 2 favorite names right now are Lachlan and Sawyer. Rowan is definitely still in the running, too.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutmolly View Post
I'm so glad that some of you are using names that I love but that DH vetoed!!! Great choices, Mamas!

Our girl's name is: Lavender Gayle
Our boy's name is: Corban Guy

The boy's name has stayed the same since before our first DD was born. DH and I cannot decide on boys name at all! So it's a good thing we've had girls so far, or we'd be out of luck. The truth is that I don't adore the name Corban anymore, but I couldn't come up with an alternative so that's what it's going to be. I could name about a dozen girls, and I love love love the name Lavender, so I almost hope this is another girl just for the name!!!
My son's name is Gael (after my great grandfather and my mom-Gale). I love Gael for a boy. It's such a strong name! You could use Gael as your boys name?

We are having a surprise this time around, but I feel like it's a boy. So, our top boy name is Lincoln; however, lately I feel like Lincoln is somewhat popular and I chose it because I thought it was different??? It also bothers me that I see it on the back of cars...

If it's a girl...Toula Joy

Jesus-loving, helpmate to Billy and Unschooling mama to a six and one on the way!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraReaux View Post
I love reading everyone's name choices. My 2 favorite names right now are Lachlan and Sawyer. Rowan is definitely still in the running, too.
Ooh, I really like the sound of Sawyer Lachlan, together.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 PM

I am not ready to share my baby names yet! Man, it is hard to narrow it down! I am wondering if 2 middle names is to much?

Lovin my Hubby , Serena (10/07)::, and Cedar( 07/09)
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop View Post
I am not ready to share my baby names yet! Man, it is hard to narrow it down! I am wondering if 2 middle names is to much?
My son has 2 middle names.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:

Alexis Peyton

or

Alexandria Leigh

Alexis is my dear Godchild and Alexandria was one of my favorite students ever. I think either name would be lovely!

Since they're both derived from Alexandra, the female form of Alexander, they have the same meaning, and I *LOVE* it...Defender of Humankind.

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyn View Post
I think Bethany is also a beautiful name, but my husband hasn't taken to it yet. Maybe I'll get a grandbaby Bethany someday!
I'm another Bethany. (Never liked the name much, to be honest, but I'm weird.) Mom always twitched when Grandma called me "Beth," but corrected everyone else. She was trying to pick a name that wouldn't have many nicknames. A friend in college dubbed me "Bet-Bet." (She's odd, too. )

M'loves and I are still narrowing down the list. It's really difficult because none of the names have really "stuck," yet. The current top four: Asher, Keegan, Micah, and Nathaniel.

As an aside, figuring out the last name situation will require legal assistance, unfortunately. I currently have my Babynames.com list set up with DP's last name as a middle name, and my last name as the baby's last name.

- Born 7/21/09
Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM

If it's a girl it will be Noelle Emmeline

and if it's a boy it will be August Landon
Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 AM

We REALLY liked Alexander Sherwood (Sherwood being my grandmother's maiden name).
We even TOLD everyone as soon as we found out he was a him.
But now we are not sure. We still like Alexander. But my grandmother wasn't thrilled about using her maiden name. We want our "boys" to have some kind of connections to family. Alexander has NO connections, so the middle name should have some sort of connection, KWIM?
But the other names do not sound good with Alexander as a first name.

Alexander John (my grandfather on my mom's side)
Alexander Charles (his grandfather on his mom's side)
Alexander William (my grandfather on my dad's side)
Alexander Parker (my maiden name)

So we are now trying to forget the whole "connection to family" thing and just name him. And the more we struggle to find something to go with Alexander, the more we get irritated with the name and are thinking of tossing it all together!

We might have to wait till he's born. :

We've had TONS of names for the 8 children we always talked about having, but now. NONE of those names sound right.

We are kinda tossing around
Elijah
Michael

That's it. We're getting a name book tomorrow and letting everyone know that baby is not yet named! LOL
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraReaux View Post
My 2 favorite names right now are Lachlan and Sawyer.
How fun! We have both names in our family!

Parenting four little monkeys (11, 8, 6, and 4) with the love of my life. Making it up as I go.

User Tag List