Baby gave me a scare! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-25-2009, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed yesterday that the baby was more mellow than usual.
Because I was busy all day, I just brushed it off because maybe I had not paid attention properly.
But then after dinner, he/she did not move much at all, and at that time I am always kicked like crazy. There were very few movements, and then after nothing for 2 hours we went to the hospital.
Boy, I was soooo scared! I began shaking all over, and all the pain from losing the twins resurfaced as if it had happened yesterday

They hooked me to the machine, and immediately, strong heartbeat, great signs on paper - perfect baby. And of course, as we were driving home, he/she decides to finally wake up and begin the boxing routine

Isn't it amazing how they begin giving us white hairs even before they are born??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 AM

I am SO glad your little one is just fine! My little guy was quieter than normal yesterday too... and I have a lot of fear of loss due to pregnancy losses in the past. I have a doppler, which I HARDLY EVER use, due to the possible safety risks. But I will say it was a huge relief to listen to his heartbeat last night and know he is fine!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#3 of 13 Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM

how scary! i'm so glad everything is ok. it is disconcerting when they decide to change their movement pattern.

Christie

Vegan, homeschooling mom to my 3 boys and my girl, missing Matthew born still at 34 weeks

#4 of 13 Old 04-25-2009, 11:10 PM

I'm glad to hear that everything is ok.

My LO did the same thing yesterday and then around midnight decided to have a party in my belly.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#5 of 13 Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 AM

I bet that trip to the hospital was scary! I'm SO glad the lo was just chillin' for a little bit, and that everything was okay!

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
#6 of 13 Old 04-26-2009, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How scary! I imagine that babies in utero are probably like babies that are born, in that they sleep more when going through big growth spurts. So most likely that was it, but with a previous loss I totally understand how that would be a huge worry. I'm glad it's all ok!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#7 of 13 Old 04-26-2009, 02:09 AM

Glad everything is ok!

I've been freaked out lately too. His movements have really slowed down lately, and he was having decels at my last MW visit, so I've been paranoid.

CPST & mom

#8 of 13 Old 04-26-2009, 04:13 AM

So scary. I had a very similar thing happen with DS when I was 37w. Not even orange juice worked.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#9 of 13 Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so glad everything is okay!

My LO has been really quiet the last couple of days as well. I feel just enough to keep me from making the same trip.
#10 of 13 Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 PM

I was at a birth the other day and realized that I hadn't felt my baby move all day. Although I kept telling myself it was just because I had been more than a little preoccupied, it didn't stop me from daydreaming about snatching the fetal monitor off of the mom, just to check (it was a rare hospital birth, most of my clients are homebirth). When I got home the next morning, even though I was tired, I whipped out my fetoscope just to double check (everything was fine) and the next day baby was super active. Bah...
#11 of 13 Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 AM
ck1

My doctor just told me about that: if there hasn't been any movement, after eating count the kicks within 2 hours and if none go to the hospital.

I'm glad to hear that rule was used AND everything turned out fine. What a relief! : Sorry you had to go through that.
#12 of 13 Old 04-28-2009, 01:26 PM

Yeah, this little monster did this to me on Sunday too. It was a remarkably busy day for us and it culminated with us going to the ER for DD so he was probably lulled to sleep by all the activity , or having a growth spurt, or I just didn't notice him moving as much.

I wanted to drink OJ in the ER wiating room to see if that would get him kicking but of couse the vending machine was out of order.

I was just about to ask the doctor to listen with is stethascope when he was done with DD and then the baby started kicking!

I am glad your peanut is OK!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#13 of 13 Old 04-28-2009, 01:46 PM

I am so glad your babe is OK.

This LO does not seem to move as much as I remember my other 2 moving. Sometimes hours go by with nothing. It freaks me out and it seems right when I am about to contemplate calling the MW, I feel a bunch of kicks. Right now babe is punching/kicking away and it such a reassuring feeling.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page