Reality Check - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-14-2009, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just realized that I will be 36 weeks on June 13th, which makes it pretty viable to have a baby possibly in another MONTH! It is a big of a reality check-wake up call for me. Though I have been through the nesting stuff, and the house is in pretty good order, it reminds me that I really should be wrapping things up and enjoying the baby that I DO have!

My midwife can officially attend my birth in the 2nd half of the 35th week, which is super nice (thank you Oregon). I'm not intending to have a baby early, but it's just crazy to think how close the actual OK time for the baby to come out is!!

EEK!

Wife to Jared; SAHM to dd Daphne (03/07) and VBAC Cyprus (06/09). Farmer, Wool Goddess, Photographer and Seamstress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 PM

I know what you mean. I will be 36 weeks on June 5th.

We are trying to get everything in order since I have been having preterm labor symptoms since 26ish weeks and they are taking me off the Nifedipine at 35 weeks. I know that there is still a good chance that I could make it to my due date or later, but I am such a planner that I just need to have things ready.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#3 of 11 Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM

I will also be 36 weeks on June 5th!

I think reality all sunk in today when I made the rest of my appointments at my birth center.

and got told that since we got rid of our insurance and switched to self pay that we have to pay $1140 by the 37th week :

But we are so close!! exciting!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#4 of 11 Old 05-14-2009, 02:32 PM

I thought about this on Mother's Day - I'll be 36 weeks on June 10th!

The dry erase board on my fridge (which I update every Wednesday when I "graduate" to the next week) currently says:
*4* weeks 'til term!
*8* weeks 'til EDD!
*11* weeks at most!

I like having the date range like that to keep me on my toes but not get my too anxious too soon We'll all be birthing babies before we know it, though!!!

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#5 of 11 Old 05-14-2009, 02:39 PM

I'm at that stage when people are starting to mention how close I'm getting. My standard line now is that I'm very ready to not be pregnant any more. . . but not really ready to be responsible for 3 kids.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#6 of 11 Old 05-15-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
My standard line now is that I'm very ready to not be pregnant any more. . . but not really ready to be responsible for 3 kids.
Other than me only having 2 kids to be responsible for, this is exactly how I feel!

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#7 of 11 Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 AM

I'm so not ready!!! But then, I'm only 29 weeks -- so I have time -- right??? I've been having trouble getting back to sleep at night because I'm making mental lists of things I need to get ready (snack for my DD's, cleaning under the microwave, keeping the endless piles of toys out of my car). Guess I should get to work...

Mama to 4 girls    chicken3.gif5/05, 12/07, 9/09, 3/11   winner.jpghomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg

#8 of 11 Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 AM

I am also 29 weeks... birth seems SO far off. But I am the kind of person who is slowly accumulating things as we go so I won't be sending hubby off to get stuff while the baby is tiny. That seems to be my 'nesting' so far.... grabbing baby socks when we go to the store... or lansinoh.... or whatever. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#9 of 11 Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Right there with you! I'll be 36 weeks on June 6th and DS was born (looking over-baked) at 37w6d so there is a realistic chance this baby will come early. I'm freaking out. I am insisting we finish everything with the garden this weekend (poor DH...it's a lot of work). I'm also trying desperately to get far enough ahead with my business stuff to make it low maintenance (just mailing out orders) through July but that seems like an impossible task. I'm supposed to be working on my dissertation (but that just isn't happening) and I have yet to unpack a single box of baby stuff or start listening to my hypnobabies CD's. I'm going to lose my mind...

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#10 of 11 Old 05-15-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm with you all there! This was supposed to be my last weekend of work, but it looks like I'm going to be stuck here for another 3 weeks. I have a big heap of baby clothes to wash and sort & have only bought 1 CD! Little overwhelmed here!!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#11 of 11 Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 PM

I waver btwn wanting this pregnancy to be over with sooner and wanting it to last. I have TONS of stuff that still needs to be done before this baby arrives. YET, I am 30 wks and sooo uncomfortable, it kills me that I still have 10 wks to go. My other two arrived on their own at 39 wks, I'm actually half hoping this one arrives at 38 wks, just to put me out of my misery... if I go past my edd, I will be the pissiest pregnant woman on the face of the planet. Seriously, I mean I STILL have nausea and vomiting... it does not go away until I have the baby (which is what happened with my two previous pregnancies as well), it would be so unfair if I went past my edd.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page