You know you're in your third trimester when... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldmanBaby09 View Post
Your boobs are so ginormous they need their own zip code!
i would gladly welcome this! hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmama View Post
i would gladly welcome this! hahaha
Trust me, you think that until you actually have to deal with it! I'm a 34I right now and don't know what to do with myself. They really do need their own zip code!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
Old 05-28-2009, 02:17 AM

-When your DH/DP is no longer moved by your tears.

-When you think you're doing a good "gardening" job only shaving your pits.

-When you will settle for ANYBODY else's cooking, just so you don't have to think about/look at/smell raw food, and especially not have to stand.

-When you start pleading to your belly like it will listen "please leave my ribs alone"

-When nobody in your household reacts to you pleading with your belly anymore.

-When you can trully appriciate a mumu's worth.

-When grannie panties become your friend.

-When your older child sympathetically says, "I know!" when you tell them you're soooo done being pregnant.

[Seriously, my DSS2 hugged me today, and said he can't wait to meet his new baby sister- I said, "Me too!" and he said, "I know. You're done with this."... and I've never said that directly too him! It was kinda cute ]

-When you torture yourself with the same channel all day, just so you don't have get up and get the remote, "I guess I have to watch this..."

-When laying on the couch all day hurts like you worked all day.

-When you sneeze, you go through more underwear than tissue.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When every shirt you own smells like rancid belly oil, even straight from the wash.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM

* You have to use a handheld mirror to check your shave job or the underside of your belly for stretch marks because you can't even see it in the mirror any more.

* You feel so hungry a couple of times a day only to feel full after 3 bites.

* You stare at something you or the kids dropped on the floor trying to decide if it's worth getting or not

* Your 2-year-old has learned to jump when you put your hands under her arms to help you pick her up.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl View Post
Ice becomes an entire foodgroup.
Yes! For me, it's specifically Sonic ice (which you can buy by the bag for under $2). Mmmm.

Oh and another one I forgot...

* Literally trying to imagine what position could possibly work for you when DH suggests being intimate... only to apologetically decline. lol I can't stand, sit or lie down without hurting as it is.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 AM

You sleep on an air mattress because if you don't, within 3 days your hips ache so much you can't even walk. Your hubby lovingly obliges.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 AM

**When even spooning with DH becomes an Olympic Sport

**When you need to stand sideways by the kitchen sink so you can do the washing up.

**When you get heart burn even after a glass of water!

**When grunting and moaning become the sounds that come from your lips most often

**When your 10 yo says "Just tell me how to make dinner. I can't stand cereal/sandwich/ etc anymore!"

**When you need to ask your 6yo to help you tie your shoes because you just can't reach them!

**When you can no longer have your laptop on your belly, but if you put it on a table your arms are almost not long enough to reach they keyboard.

**When you realize your belly has forced you to postpone guitar lessons until after the baby is born.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 AM

-when there have been two dimes on the bathroom floor for two weeks

-when you grunt, your 2yo asks, "what happened, Mommy?"

-you wonder if other people can see the earthquake in your belly

-your pedicure looks like shit

-You accept the offer at the grocery store to have your bags loaded in the car

-"so you think you can dance" makes you cry

-your toddler thinks it's really special when she gets carried

mama to Journey (1/07) Sequoia (1/07) and Camellia (7/09)
Old 05-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiegirl1974 View Post

you wish you could get a foley catheter inserted at night so you wouldn't have to go to the bathroom so many times in the middle of the night
Nope, you don't want this. Trust me. I had to wear a foley catheter for only a day when I was in the early 2nd trimester with this pregnancy, b/c I had an incident where I couldn't pee and my ob ended up having to straight cath 1300 cc of urine from me. I thought my bladder was going to burst! It is sooo uncomfortable (he sent me home with foley). I had even joked before that incident that a foley would be nice for night, but after that exp, never again! I was supposed to wear it longer, except that the nurses who put it in did not put the full 10cc of sterile water in the balloon, so I started leaking around it the next day. Thank goodness my OB let me take it out (I'm an RN and had asked the nurses to send me home with a 10cc syringe so I could DC it on my own if needed), and I have voided just fine since then. However, I will never wish to have a foley again, it HURTS so much and I don't know how the heck ppl walk with those things. They even gave me a leg bag for the daytime, but that was a joke. That was definitely a freak incident. My ob says he has a case like that, maybe once every 3 yrs or so and he did not believe the bladder u/s when it said I had 1300 cc of urine in there, but that is how much he got out!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:55 PM

When you hear yourself pleading to your kid(s). . "honey, I need you to watch a movie so mama can take a nap"

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
When you hear yourself pleading to your kid(s). . "honey, I need you to watch a movie so mama can take a nap"
I'm totally guilty of this one!!!

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :
Old 05-29-2009, 03:08 AM

At the grocery store:
you wish there was a couch/rest area halfway through, and that they served cold beveridges.

if an item is on the bottom shelf, you seriously contemplate if your REALLY need it.

At home:
you're considering getting a dog to clean up the floor after ds's meals (he's a toddler) so you don't have to pick it up.

you're trying to teach your 2yo to pick up clothes for you off the floor so you can get dressed in the morning. You seriously contemplate wearing whatever he comes back with.

when your dh complains of a tummy ache... you respond "Oh yeah, try growing a child in the middle of your intestines!"

you know exactly how many times you can "not flush" in the middle of the night and still not clog the toilet.

For once in our married and co-habitating life, I'm the one sleeping in just a cami, covered with just a sheet. He's the one with pjs on, covered up to his ears w/ the sheet, a down comforter, and the cat-hair-covered quilt...because I've got the a/c cranked and the ceiling fan on high (it's usually the other way around all winter, he's part polar bear, i swear).

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:21 AM

You cry when the remote falls off the bed, on to the floor, and totally out of reach.

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 AM

-When upon reading the entry on putting undies on the floor and doning them like sandals, you don't laugh, you think it's a good idea and start doing it too.

-When you sit at the dinner table you can't tell if your belly is touching the table, or it's just the baby stretching- untill you look.

-When you realise you haven't put away the left-overs, and telling DH you will get them when you get up to pee is a reasonable time-frame.

-When a sitting in one place for 8 hours is the description of a rough day.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 06:20 AM

-When the answering machine starts getting the phone calls faster than you can get there

-When you have to pee before you eat or there wont be enough room to fit anything in

-When you can no longer sit cross legged on the floor

-When you start to outgrow even your maternity tops!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnlovebe View Post

you know exactly how many times you can "not flush" in the middle of the night and still not clog the toilet.
I thought I was the only one that did that!!!

- When you only have one speed - waddle.

- When you have to tell your DH 3 times in 2 minutes to slow down, that you can't walk that fast.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
Old 05-29-2009, 11:51 AM

-when your house is reasonably clean in all areas that are waist-up, but everything from the waist down is embarrassingly dirty

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

Old 05-29-2009, 12:41 PM

When your two-year-old starts lifting up his shirt and saying, "tummy hurts...baby."

Bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding mama of Vonn (dob 12/9/07) and Reuben (dob 7/17/09).
Old 05-29-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Ladies, these are all seriously funny:

How about...

... you realize you've already started to pee right before your butt hits the toilet seat.

... you decide to get some exercise by walking to your mailbox in your apartment complex. So you walk down three flights of stairs, walk 10 feet, realize you forgot to put a stamp on a piece of mail, go all the way back upstairs to get it, then decide to drive to the mailbox because walking is now too much trouble.

...you have to catch your breath just from shifting positions on the couch.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:39 PM

...when you realised you left your knickers upstairs, and contemplate going to work commando. But you can't, because your pants are held up with a hair tie since you refuse to buy any more maternity clothes. You then realise you forgot your socks too (you are walking around naked), so you just wear the dirty ones from yesterday to save another trip up the stairs...
Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
- When you have to tell your DH 3 times in 2 minutes to slow down, that you can't walk that fast.
This!! I always feel bad slowing everyone down, but I just can't go any faster. He was slightly buzzed at Wal-Mart the other evening after eating out (he's a cheap drunk LOL) and it was so nice! He was just naturally going my speed for once. LOL

Leigh

Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 PM

You start your day wearing underwear, but it gets so tight after lunch that you have to take them off in the ladies restroom and go commando for the rest of the day!

Bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding mama of Vonn (dob 12/9/07) and Reuben (dob 7/17/09).
Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 PM

Your areolas are not only looking like bulls eyes but are as big as your entrie boob pre-pregnancy.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Old 05-29-2009, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
When you read this thread and realize that you can actually nod your head to each and everyone of the statements made! :-)

User Tag List