It's June!!! ~ Chat Thread ~ June 1-7 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post

For those of you CDing.. are you planning on CDing from the beginning? I don't want to deal with the meconium in the CDs... so I was thinking I would start CDing after that has passed.

I was given a small pack of newborn diapers and a few 'samples' (1 diaper and a zillion coupons for .50 off a big pack...) So I'm going to use those at first. I've never CD'd and neither has my mom who will be there, so I figure that'll buy me a couple of days to recoup so I can figure out what I'm doing and then teach DH & mom.

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 PM

We are going to use disposables until the meconium is gone too. Then we will make the switch over to CD.

My prefolds just came in the mail yesterday and I am prepping them today and getting them put away with the rest of the diapers that I washed earlier this week.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#63 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
Wow, I feel really unprepared compared to all of you! I'm 32.5 weeks today, and I've been telling everyone that I'm due in August so often that I'm starting to believe it. It is a definite possibility, but I should probably prepare myself in case I do have a baby next month!

The last 3 1/2 weeks I've been traveling all over Eastern Europe, so the only nesting I could do was some knitting. I had a blast on the trip, and was more comfortable than I expected, but it is sooo good to be home. Now I just need to get over the jetlag and the souvenir cold I brought home so I can really get to work. I don't have diapers, a car seat, a stroller, any real amount of clothes, baby carriers, birth/post partum supplies, a name for the baby...there's probably more I'm not thinking of. The only thing I've managed to do today is catch up on my feed reader and make a grocery list. And now I'm feeling a nap coming on.
You have a great excuse for not having anything done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post
I was given a small pack of newborn diapers and a few 'samples' (1 diaper and a zillion coupons for .50 off a big pack...) So I'm going to use those at first. I've never CD'd and neither has my mom who will be there, so I figure that'll buy me a couple of days to recoup so I can figure out what I'm doing and then teach DH & mom.
I have 2 sample diapers I got in the mail and I may invest in one small pack of newborn diapers.. CDs are really so much better at catching that runny newborn poo though, so I don't plan on using many sposies.

CDing is easy! You will do great at it! What kind of cloth diapers did you get?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#64 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:24 PM

I have some flannel strips cut out and ready for the meconium part. I'm using mostly prefolds, but I am going to order some newborn fitteds also to make the first few weeks a bit easier.

Leigh

#65 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:24 PM

How many times are you guys wash/drying to prep your prefolds? I have 1 doz chinese unbleached & 1 doz indian unbleached.

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#66 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

DH comes home for the weekend today so we can finally put up the new bookshelf and dresser for the boys' room :

We are going to have 4 people in our tiny bedroom (me, DH, DS1 and newborn DS2)- their room is pretty much storage of baby/kid stuff.

#67 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
How many times are you guys wash/drying to prep your prefolds? I have 1 doz chinese unbleached & 1 doz indian unbleached.
I am prepping my prefolds right now and what I have been doing (and I may be going overboard) is a hot wash with detergent followed by a hot wash without detergent then dry. I then repeat that procedure 2 more times so they are washed a total of 6 times and dried 3 times.

That seemed to work when I prepped DS's prefolds too.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#68 of 75 Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighann79 View Post
I have some flannel strips cut out and ready for the meconium part. I'm using mostly prefolds, but I am going to order some newborn fitteds also to make the first few weeks a bit easier.
the flannel strips is a good idea!

Quote:
I washed and dried mine 5 times... and they will get better with each wash.

#69 of 75 Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 AM

I bought 5 dozen preemie prefolds and we'll be using them from the beginning. With DD2 I had planned on using sposies until the meconium was gone, but I ended up not wanting to wait to see her cute little but in her cute little diapers, so tried them and the meconium washed right out, no stains. I need to get a car seat still, but we are super broke this week (our acct is $245 overdrawn ) and I have to wait and see if my next check will be big enought to cover all of our bills and get his car seat. Oh and we need to order the birth tub still too!!

CPST & mom

#70 of 75 Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 AM

If you have a hospital birth, they usually send home the rest of the unopened pkg of nb sposies home with you as well. I CD'd my two older kids, BUT I find myself totally overwhelmed during the first few wks, so I don't usually get around to CDing until the baby is out of the nb size dipes and in size S in CDs. It's kind of just basic survival for me, b/c I do NOT cope well with the newborn period. I mean, they are cute and everything, but I'm just exhausted from lack of sleep, I try to make things easier for myself. I did buy some nb covers and CPF for DS2, but never used them. If I'm feeling motivated, I may wash those up to be used. Right now I have been stocking up when Walgreen's has their big buy 2 for 1 sposie sales.
#71 of 75 Old 06-06-2009, 05:25 AM

I just got 35 preemie prefolds in the mail today : : : It's amazing how much more 'ready' I feel having diapers to put on him!

CPST & mom

#72 of 75 Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 PM

About meconium staining on diapers--- we have been CDing (mostly prefolds) since Louisa was born, and a few diapers now have what look like tiny gray smudges on them. It is barely noticeable, and I have not even tried sunning them yet. I am pretty sure it will all disappear eventually.

Angelorum- where did you go in Eastern Europe? I have spent a fair bit of time in the Balkans on vacations- I absolutely love that area. Good for you for doing a trip like that! I really wanted to do a big trip before baby came, but didn't get it together for early in second trimester as I had planned, and then my preterm labor stuff got in the way of going anywhere.

Louisa is still on lights. I am so anxious for her to get off of them so that I can put her in a sling and go somewhere! I have been homebound for a month now and I am the sort of person who gets stir crazy if I spend one day at home without getting out.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#73 of 75 Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 AM

I typically use cloth from the start but i fully understand wanting to wait out the meconium era. That stuff is crazy!

So this week i have to deal with court stuff involving the ex. Ick. I'm stressed about it. I'm requesting child support and alimony(it's been two years with zero support from him) and he is requesting summers with the kids and one weekend a month. He lives 900 miles away and says he is unemployed and can't pay support and suddenly he will have money for airfare for 5 people once a month? Or expect me to cover it? That is $2500 a month in travel expenses, way more then i make or could ever afford. Oh and he was given supervised visits and has never taken one visit. Should be fun, i have to miss my daughter's end of the year field trip for it

Do any of you nesters want to come and clean my home?
#74 of 75 Old 06-08-2009, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

I started taking EPO today, and I am trying to remember to drink RRL tea.. but somedays I forget.

We are still up in the air on the name.. I thought we had it all figured out, then DH tells me he doesn't like ANY name (not just out of the ones we are considering) so this baby is going to be nameless, OR he will just have to go along with whatever I choose! We have thrown 2 more names into the mix, so all together we have:

Oliver Lee
Griffin Lee
Xavier Lee
Jasper Lee

I like Oliver and Jasper the best... and those happen to be the 2 names that I have friends (or acquaintances) with little boys with the same name. And Lee is my dad's mn.

ETA: I think I'll start a poll for the names...

#75 of 75 Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I started taking EPO today, and I am trying to remember to drink RRL tea.. but somedays I forget.

We are still up in the air on the name.. I thought we had it all figured out, then DH tells me he doesn't like ANY name (not just out of the ones we are considering) so this baby is going to be nameless, OR he will just have to go along with whatever I choose! We have thrown 2 more names into the mix, so all together we have:

Oliver Lee
Griffin Lee
Xavier Lee
Jasper Lee

I like Oliver and Jasper the best... and those happen to be the 2 names that I have friends (or acquaintances) with little boys with the same name. And Lee is my dad's mn.

ETA: I think I'll start a poll for the names...
Oliver is absolutely my favorite little boy name! Ds would have been named that if Dh hadn't put his foot down against it!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page