stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to bed around 11 last night and woke up to pee just after midnight. I did a little happy dance : on my way back from the bathroom, because it's *June* now and that means I'll be having a baby NEXT MONTH!!! Or maybe even this month. Crazy exciting!

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#3 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 02:39 PM

and all I can think is, "oh crud, it's June!!" Sure I'm really over being pregnant at this point. But my dd is freakin out about all the changes (end of school year, new sibling), 2 year old ds is into everything. . he's even figured out how to open the back storm door. How am I ever going to juggle everything that I need to now while taking care of a new little one. YIKES!

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#4 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I have been pretty calm all this pg, but all of a sudden, the idea that I am having a baby next month is kinda freaking me out. For some reason it hit me when I turned 32 weeks also... Yikes! My kitchen floor is sparkling. I got down on my hands and knees with a scrub brush and gave it a good scrubbing, that it soooo desperately needed....

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#5 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Whoo hooo! I'm so glad June is here!

This morning DD asked me if baby brother was coming out today. I explained that today was the first day of June, and baby brother comes out in July, which comes after June.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#6 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM

Busy, busy month for us!
Birthdays, anniversary, work conferences, reunions
Hopefully all the busyness will make the last few weeks go faster.
I am praying and hoping for a June baby actually.
If this baby is born on, or immediately before the EDD, we will have a huge pickle when it comes to childcare for the other kids, and DH even being able to attend the birth!
If not June, than after July 13, when my sister will be here - but it would suck to be pregnant that long...
#7 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 PM

Bemommy, I am feeling the same way!!! Just overwhelmed. My son's out of preschool, I have to throw a big jack and jill bridal shower for my friend. I already told the other bridesmaids they will have to do the bachelorette party, b/c I may or may not be able to go depending on where it is and when the baby arrives. The baby room still looks like a wreck, although I DO have all of my baby stuff, it is all physically IN this house. I just need to clean stuff and organize it... that is the problem, b/c I am so low on energy. I *thought* my n/v was finally starting to go away, haven't taken my zofran for a few days, but today I'm feeling nauseous again. UGH, I'm just miserably pregnant, been that way the entire time, but now it's worse, just due to it being close to the end and I'm just bigger, kwim? The peeing is crazy, sometimes I think I should just call it a day and wear a diaper...
#8 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 03:26 PM

Hi everyone! I am feeling beyond exhausted lately. I have also started to have heartburn....something that I NEVER had in my life (not even the pregnancy with my son). UGH! The baby is also moving but now it is seriously painful! I'm glad to feel her or him move though. I can't believe I could be holding my little one in about a month. CRAZY!
#9 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I am technically due June 30th, but joined the July DDC because I figured I would probably have a July baby.. however.. I will be "legal" to have a baby in one week and one day.. when I will be 37 weeks.. I would welcome that, really, I would.

#10 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I also have a 2 year old and am overwhelmed with the thought of newborn and a 2 year old : DH works out of town 4-5 days a week, on top of it.

#11 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 PM

I am actually excited for June because it is a busy month for us and hopefully that will make time pass quickly. I still can't believe that I will be 36 weeks on Thursday.

Ds has been sick/teething for the last week and a half and he has now passed his cold onto me which has not been fun. I really hope he is the downward slide with his cold because he has been so miserable. I know those 2 year molars could take awhile to come in though. I just hope he is done with all of this before the baby is born.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#12 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I also have a 2 year old and am overwhelmed with the thought of newborn and a 2 year old : DH works out of town 4-5 days a week, on top of it.
Btdt and as rough as it was the time passed so quickly. DD1 was 22 months when dd2 was born and my dh is a carpenter and works 40 hours at his regular job, but works almost every night on sidejobs as well. Most of the time he gets in after the girls are in bed, but I am able to stay home because of it. Now that dd1 is 3.5 she is a big help and dd2 follows her lead so I don't feel as stressed as I did at the prospect of 2.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#13 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 05:55 PM

I suddenly have to get into overdrive! because of the recent events I will be having a baby a lot sooner than I thought, which means we have a lot of stuff to go to get ready!
Wednesday we have our appointment at the birth center, I will be having them refer me to an OB. I will have to meet with the new OB once and set an induction date (so much for forming some kind of relationship with the person to deliver my baby!). So in approximately 2 weeks or so I will have a new LO. I will know more details on Wed. of course, but this is what I am assuming the chain of events will be.
I can't wait to meet my baby, although I wish I could have the birth that I wanted. At least we will be in good hands

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#14 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post
The peeing is crazy, sometimes I think I should just call it a day and wear a diaper...
:

I know how you feel! I actually picked up a package of "Poise" pads at the store but got them back on the shelf before anyone could see me!

We are finally able to move our stuff around as the construction in our house is just about done! Yeah! That means that I can start getting the baby's room ready and the birth area set up. I am going to hit the garage sales this weekend to try and find some dressers or cabinets that we can use in our new spaces. I have a huge sewing project to finish and now that I have a dedicated area for my sewing stuff I am hoping to pound it out over the weekend.

I got my birth pool and hose/connector in the mail today! I just need a liner and some post partum stuff and we will be good to go. I can't believe it is so close already... I am 33 weeks but my midwife thinks I may go a week or two early because I never had a period between babies so we are relying on possible date of conception and the ultrasound. I am not counting on it, though, because I know anything can happen!

So is anyone preparing some meals to freeze and have ready for after the baby comes? Any good ideas for vegetarian casseroles or something else I could make? I am not much of a cook but I would like to get at least a few things made so we don't have to think too much about what to eat.

I am also starting to freak out a little bit about having 2 children under the age of 2. How the heck do you get through a day? Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with Ds, I just can't imaging having a newborn to take care of, too. I am hoping for lots of help from friends and family. I am not opposed to begging.

Yeah June!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#15 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post
I am also starting to freak out a little bit about having 2 children under the age of 2. How the heck do you get through a day?
I have no idea, but at least we can go through it together Lolli was born 09.23.07, so you and I are in the same boat!

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#16 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuNaLu View Post
I have no idea, but at least we can go through it together Lolli was born 09.23.07, so you and I are in the same boat!
This is my second set of kids who are very close in age.
I actually think it was easier than with a bigger gap!
So don't worry
#17 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
:

So is anyone preparing some meals to freeze and have ready for after the baby comes? Any good ideas for vegetarian casseroles or something else I could make? I am not much of a cook but I would like to get at least a few things made so we don't have to think too much about what to eat.
We are starting to make food! We have a pressure cooker and we canned about 7 cans of pinto beans that we made the other day, we are also going to make some different soups to can. Soup is easy, and my husband can make a big batch of rice that we can eat with the beans and some frozen veggies.

I think we are also going to make a big batch of veggie chili and can that.

For frozen stuff we were going to make a frozen lasagna, macaroni and cheese, some loaves of bread, a veggie "meat"loaf or two, some veggie burgers. I am still trying to think of other ideas, maybe some stuffed peppers.

There's a couple recipes here: http://www.momsbudget.com/freezerrec...anfreezer.html
Here is the veggie meatloaf: http://busycooks.about.com/od/meatle...iemeatloaf.htm
Veggie burgers: http://busycooks.about.com/od/hotsan...gieburgers.htm

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#18 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I really should.. last time I depended on others too much, and although I've had about 7 friends sign up to bring me a pp meal, I don't want to depend on them either.

If you post in the veg section, there are lots of great ideas for vegetarian meals to freeze.. plus The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook has a great selection of tasty casseroles too (and the author is an MDC mama).

---

And I am totally with you gals on the pee-thing. It is an emergency most of the time, and half the time I don't always make it in time

#19 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I know how you feel! I actually picked up a package of "Poise" pads at the store but got them back on the shelf before anyone could see me!
I was thinking last night I am about ready for a catheter. LOL! If I could give myself one and not have to get up at all during the night how heavenly would THAT be? LOL!

Quote:
I just started today. I am making 2 casserole double recipes a week... freezing one and having the other for supper. If I do that for the next 6-8 weeks we'll have a lot of frozen meals I am using an OLD La Leche League cookbook... one from the '60s. It has some pretty darn good casserole recipes, I have to say!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#20 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Wow you all are so organized! I've also had two sets of close kids (both were about 15 months apart). It was a pretty easy transition and not at all as hard as i thought. With my first set though i had to eliminate my toddler's naps because he was so much to deal with when he woke up. Very grumpy and he cried more then the baby. Instead we did early bedtime which worked out better in the end. This time i currently have a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old and then a new babe so this should be interesting.

I'm trying to get ready but still too busy to do so. Also exhausted, all the time. Maybe i'll get some energy soon.
#21 of 75 Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post
We are starting to make food! We have a pressure cooker and we canned about 7 cans of pinto beans that we made the other day, we are also going to make some different soups to can. Soup is easy, and my husband can make a big batch of rice that we can eat with the beans and some frozen veggies.

I think we are also going to make a big batch of veggie chili and can that.

For frozen stuff we were going to make a frozen lasagna, macaroni and cheese, some loaves of bread, a veggie "meat"loaf or two, some veggie burgers. I am still trying to think of other ideas, maybe some stuffed peppers.

There's a couple recipes here: http://www.momsbudget.com/freezerrec...anfreezer.html
Here is the veggie meatloaf: http://busycooks.about.com/od/meatle...iemeatloaf.htm
Veggie burgers: http://busycooks.about.com/od/hotsan...gieburgers.htm
Great recipes! Thank you! I love veggie *meat*loaf. I am thinking maybe some big batches of cooked and seasoned veggies that we could just thaw and eat with rice would be helpful. Hopefully I will actually be this organized and get this done!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#22 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 AM

Oh no! I totally forgot about freezer meals!!! UGH! Something else to add to my to do list.
#23 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

I just got back from shopping with MIL.. she got the boys a matching dresser and book shelf.. which is awesome!!! I've been using those little plastic portable dressers forever with DS and it will be so nice to have a real place to put his clothes, plus the baby clothes, and all the books we've collected over the years. :

I also started working on packing my bag for the birthing center. I have no idea what to bring.. change of clothes for both of us and what else? We won't be there long, just one day... so we don't need much at all.

I'm on the fence on if I want to bring cloth diapers yet or not.. I might just do sposies until the meconium passes...

#24 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Aaaahhh, I'm scared. : (Not that this is anything new from the last eight or so months...) Yesterday began the 50 day countdown to my EDD. I'm 33 weeks today.

Last week, boyfriend's work place held a surprise baby shower for us. They were very, very generous. Boyfriend is now rather overwhelmed (and just a little bit secretly excited), girlfriend was flabbergasted and touched, and I was reminded just how blessed we are.

I went and stayed with them over the weekend, and his parents have offered to let me move in. It's a generous offer, and I wouldn't have to say, "I don't want to go home," any more. I would have help after the baby is born. But their house is already small and cramped, and I know I won't see eye-to-eye with them on a lot of things I hold important. I could also mention how much drama it'll cause among the members of my family, but... that drama is inevitable. :

In better news, I learned that boyfriend is open to selective/delayed vaccination. : I was afraid it was going to turn into a huge debate like circumcision, but we had a calm discussion about it over lunch.

Still have lots to do to get ready. I'm just not feeling it today. *flop*

- Born 7/21/09
#25 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM

I can't believe how close we're getting now! I'm 35+3 today ~ eek! Somehow I've gotten myself convinced that this baby will be early, even though DD was induced at 40+6. I'm going to be sorely disappointed when I end up going past my due date again!

I feel the ladies who are having 2 close together...DD will be 21 months when this one is born, and I have NO idea what I'm going to do! I've been holding her for naps since she was born. I *can* lay her down, but not consistently and she just doesn't sleep as well. But, I guess I will figure it out soon! She did recently night-wean (all on her own!) and has been STTN since then. That has been amazing ~ she went from waking every 1-2 hours all night long, to waking twice, to not waking at all! And, she's still sleeping with us which concerned me before but not so much now We just have to figure out how to make our bed bigger to accomodate the new LO!

At playgroup yesterday my friends threw a small baby shower for me and one of the other moms who is due a week and a half before me, and they got us each a gift certificate for a 1 hour pregnancy massage. I am so so so so so excited!!!!! I've been getting more sore this time around, so it is extremely appreciated! DH is out of town this week, so I have to wait until next week to schedule it, though!

Thanks for the freezer meal ideas! I've been trying to make a list of ones to make, but wasn't coming up with much. I had totally forgotten about meatloaf! And, that's one of the foods that DD can and will actually eat (she can't have dairy or tomatoes, so that eliminates a LOT of casseroles).

Ok ~ that's enough for now ~ I need to go clean up my applesauce covered toddler

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#26 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Starting to freak out a bit here! The first July baby shocked me (although what a great story) and I am feeling a bit underprepared. I have a long list of stuff to get done and waning energy supplies. The longer I am on my feet, the less I can accomplish. I'm still feeling great and am exercising but much slower now at 32.5w, especially with the heat. I am measuring ahead but my weight gain has slowed.

Our baby party looks like a no-go because our friends can't get it together although they have been getting me excited for the past 3 months.

On the bright side, my free maternity photo shoot happens this weekend so I feel very fortunate for that.

I need to NEST! I need to clean! I need to cook freezer meals! I need to sew/weave/bead/shop! Please someone send me the nesting vibes and inspiration.

Can anyone tell me if flying with a newborn is OK? We would go in October, less than 1000 miles (maybe <3 hours flight) so the babe would be about 10+ weeks old?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#27 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Starting to freak out a bit here! The first July baby shocked me (although what a great story) and I am feeling a bit underprepared. I have a long list of stuff to get done and waning energy supplies. The longer I am on my feet, the less I can accomplish. I'm still feeling great and am exercising but much slower now at 32.5w, especially with the heat. I am measuring ahead but my weight gain has slowed.

Our baby party looks like a no-go because our friends can't get it together although they have been getting me excited for the past 3 months.

On the bright side, my free maternity photo shoot happens this weekend so I feel very fortunate for that.

I need to NEST! I need to clean! I need to cook freezer meals! I need to sew/weave/bead/shop! Please someone send me the nesting vibes and inspiration.

Can anyone tell me if flying with a newborn is OK? We would go in October, less than 1000 miles (maybe <3 hours flight) so the babe would be about 10+ weeks old?
: Let the nesting begin!! I have so much to do, too, its almost scary!

Last baby I had to take to out west at 6 weeks old. It was about a 4 1/2 hour flight. The (extremely crunchy) doctor said that was fine because I was breastfeeding exclusively. I think the only reason to hesitate is because of the germs on planes, but if you are smart and wash your hands, keep the baby close to you, etc... you should be fine.

Happy photo shoot! Post 'em when you get 'em!

#28 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM

I agree that you should be fine with flying. Just remember to nurse during take off and landing to help with the pressure in baby's ears.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#29 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 05:10 PM

I haven't popped into the weekly chat threads before, so I hope you don't mind the intrusion.

I too, would like the nesting bug. I have in-laws coming this weekend for my ds's 2nd birthday, and our house is a cluttered mess. I just can't get the motivation to clean, mostly because it takes all my energy and then i'm worthless the rest of the day. I'm hoping for good weather this weekend so that the party-goers can spend most of the time outside, and not notice how much I fail at being a "housewife".

Another good vegetarian recipe I love is the "Addictive Sweet Potato Burritoes" recipe on allrecipes.com. It's super yummy, rather easy to prepare, and they freeze well too.

This one:http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cuernavaca-Casserole
Has been a family favorite for years. I made it for the first time in 6th grade for a class presentation, and it's been in my mother's rotation ever since. My dh LOVES it- serve it w/ salsa and sour cream and it's divine. The description says it goes well with any bbq meat, but we've always served it as the main dish.

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
#30 of 75 Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Ack, so I was hanging out with some friends today and I found out that one of them had DD3 one month prior to her edd!!! She was healthy and did just fine, but eeek, I guess it never really occurred to me that it might be a possibility. So, I think I am going to start washing up baby clothes THIS wk and need to set a goal for myself that the baby stuff needs to be ready by the end of June...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page