Mothering Forum banner

OK ladies- Nothing is really TMI

3K views 49 replies 34 participants last post by  Angelorum 
#1 ·
Here's a new TMI thread if there is anything you need to discuss because chances are someone else has the same thing! IDK about you, but my friends and family don't want to hear this stuff!

See less See more
#27 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by koalove View Post
stinky/sweaty under the belly here. i lift it up to dry out in the crease. and i havent trimmed the pubic area in months. its a swamp.
I did mine the other day with a buzzer. I CAUGHT MY LABIA...Totally not worth it. I usually wax when not pregnant. It just isn't worth it. LOL

#28 ·
Wow...this tread totally cracked me up, made me smile and made me realize that I am not a freak and not alone...these are truly the things my mother didn't tell me about pregnancy!

I noticed that I smell too, I never smell-- seriously, even my husband has commented on this and I used to shower every other day (I hate drying out my skin & hair)...now I have to shower every day and sometimes I want to shower twice, I thought my deodorant was failing me, but I think this is just pregnancy for me!

Also, I'm constantly damp "down there"...ick, I had to buy more panties to get through the days and nights, I try not to use pads, I like to let myself "breathe."

Peeing is such a joke, sometimes I feel like I have to go desperately and only about 3 drops come out...I am always wriggling all over the seat to get the best position for release!

Glad we're in it together and almost done!

#30 ·
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a funky smell complex. My husband swears that I don't smell any different, but I think I stink! Maybe its just all the gas lingering. I've never had such bad gas in my whole life!

#31 ·
I just had to say that I am glad that I am not a freak also.
I have to change undies several times a day too b/c of discharge or peeing in my pants or just sweating too much. DH sleeps with 2 blankets at night b/c I have to have the fan on high to keep from getting soaking wet with sweat. I too feel like I stink all of the time and am just dripping with sweat half of the time from doing nothing. Oh, I too lift my belly to get every drop of pee out in an effort to increase time between pees (you know that extra 2 minutes between pees really helps, lol).

#33 ·
Well, I had my first real *pee while not on a toilet today!* I have dribbled a little here and there like when laughing or sneezing, but today I was standing in the living room trying to convince my toddler to sit down for a diaper change and it just happened! I peed! I had no control over it at all. I didn't even realize what had happened until I felt really wet. My goodness...
:

And I really stink. And I just don't care!

#34 ·
I'm totally with the too wet down there mamas....ugh! Yeah...honestly, i think i'd rather be having my period. I freaking HATE wearing panties now - i have VERY few that cover my butt - but with the wetness i kind of half too. I'm SO relieved to know that I'm not the only one, lol! Because i totally thought i was...

And i'm still *ahem*, shaving down there but now I have to lift up my belly and do a weird yoga-ish standing cat pose in the shower while i do it
...it's really awkward and I don't see it lasting that much longer, lol, i just already feel gross enough and don't want to add to that feeling yet!

PS. Totally going to try the lifting my belly when i pee trick! I think i should just move into the bathroom...

#36 ·
I am so sick of all of the gas, from both ends. I feel like I have channeled my inner trucker. Add all of the crazy heart burn to that. Beside my bed is huge bottle of tums. It is insane! My poor DH, he just cannot understand why I don't want to kiss him - um, it feels like a chemical spill on my tongue.. sorry.

Angie

#37 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post
Oh, and when I puke really vigorously (which is like, every time I puke which is at least a few times a week), I pee my pants. This happened once at a restaurant and I had to tie my sweater around my waist (and I never tie things around my waist, I looked so silly).
I haven't puked in a while, but when I did, that happened all the time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by koalove View Post
stinky/sweaty under the belly here. i lift it up to dry out in the crease. and i havent trimmed the pubic area in months. its a swamp.
I'm still trimming, but I can't really see, so who knows if I'm actually doing a good job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloMomma View Post
Peeing is such a joke, sometimes I feel like I have to go desperately and only about 3 drops come out...I am always wriggling all over the seat to get the best position for release!
Yup, that drives me crazy! I'm running to the bathroom just for drops.
:

#38 ·
Oh and add to the pee accidents I keep having. For some dumb reason I have started throwing my underwear into the TRASH! I've had to pick them out a few times (and obviously it's not helping my panty situation, b/c like many of you I keep running out of underwear). It's like I do it and do not even realize it. I cloth diaper my kids, so it's not like I think underwear is just, "disposable." I don't know what is up with me, it's like I'm losing my mind...

#39 ·
Here's a crazy story. For some reason, our break room at work smelled like urine and everybody could smell it. But, I was smelling something rank everywhere I went that day around the store. When I started to get concerned thinking the smell was me, I asked a coworker, "I am smelling the break room everywhere I go. I hope I don't smell." She replied, "Yeah I know, smells are way more intense being pregnant." But, no sooner did I get come and take off my uniform did I get a whiff of my underarms and they were rank. I smelled bad

#41 ·
This is the best thread ever!

I've had to start using extra strength deoderant. Yesterday though, I ran out and had to use my natural brand one which was unfortunate. I was called out to a birth! There was one point when the laboring mama during a contraction nestled into my arm pit. All I could think about was how gross I must smell and this poor mom in my sweaty pregnant armpit. Ew!

#42 ·
oh wow. . . am I glad it's winter here for this stage of pregnancy. I remember the 'swamp crotch' all too welll from last time

As for me - the peeing 3 drops is where I'm at. I've given up flushing the toilet because - what's the point??

I also have enormous amounts of ear wax. Globs of it. Despite appropriate hygeine. Good times

#43 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by durafemina View Post

I also have enormous amounts of ear wax. Globs of it. Despite appropriate hygeine. Good times
Ok, what is with that? I've never had this problem before, and had NO IDEA it was pregnancy related. I literally can not hear out of my right ear and have to call my doctor and have the thing flushed out I guess.

#44 ·
Here is a situation that was just fantastic (sarcasm):

Last week I got a massage, first one in months so I was pretty excited. I woke up with EXPLOSIVE diarrhea
, but could not cancel unless I wanted to pay anyway. I got to the office and had to have a blowout and only made it through half the massage before I had to go blowout again. I ended up cutting the massage short and running home to spend the afternoon on the toilet.

The worst part was I couldn't enjoy the massage because I was so tense from not wanting to blowout while I was naked on the table!

#45 ·
so whats with the poop??? Pensta, I thought maybe it was something I ate that was treating me badly... You are not alone in the potty issues dept....
the other day, I totally left a bag of gorceries behind at the store I was in such a hurry to get home to go... and didnt realize I had left it there till dd asked for a banana later that day!
:p

#46 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by eli's mama View Post
Ok, what is with that? I've never had this problem before, and had NO IDEA it was pregnancy related. I literally can not hear out of my right ear and have to call my doctor and have the thing flushed out I guess.
I'm with both of you mamas on this one. I'm normally kind of on the waxy side, but both my ears have been way out of control. Glad to know that isn't just me.

#48 ·
So, first pregnancy for me. I find out that I have HPV. (talking about that was the reason I joined this forum, so I'm not afraid to talk about it here) Not sure where I got it. Haven't had many partners. Turns out there are even theories that mothers pass it to their daughters and it just stays dormant till your immune system is compromised- JOY!

The other week, MW wants to take a look and check my cervix. She is going on vacation and needs to leave some notes, and she is also curious if I've dilated/effaced at all- so am I, so I say, "Go for it!"

Ugh... turns out, I don't only have HPV "down there" but my moles that used to be all cute, ain't so cute anymore. They were your flat moles that just look like big freckles. I used to have a cute vagina! I even recieved compliments on the moles! Now, bleh. I don't let my DH look at me there anymore.

I can only hope it returns to it's former cuteness (at least a little) after all is said and done. I am told that typically pregnancy is when a LOT of women find out they have HPV and it will go back to normal in a month after birth... God I hope that's true for me! It's not JUST a vanity issue, it's also uncomfortable.
:

#49 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldmanBaby09 View Post
I'm with both of you mamas on this one. I'm normally kind of on the waxy side, but both my ears have been way out of control. Glad to know that isn't just me.
I had to have my ears flushed at one point. The PA told me to buy a nose syringe like they use on babies in hospitals, make body temperature soapy water once in a while and flush my own ears out. It has been MUCH easier to deal with since then!

#50 ·
I'm guessing the extra earwax thing is probably from the tendency for all mucous production to increase during pregnancy. I've definitely noticed more mucous in my throat since getting pregnant, and recently more earwax.

I'm also in the diarrhea club
. Luckily I'm not experiencing nasty cramps or extreme sudden urges, but it's still not very fun. I've been eating a banana everyday lately, and I think it's helping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.