Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   July 2009 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/511-july-2009/)
-   -   OK ladies- Nothing is really TMI (http://www.mothering.com/forum/511-july-2009/1096925-ok-ladies-nothing-really-tmi.html)

penstamon 06-10-2009 06:57 PM

Here's a new TMI thread if there is anything you need to discuss because chances are someone else has the same thing! IDK about you, but my friends and family don't want to hear this stuff!

penstamon 06-10-2009 06:58 PM

Is anyone else having to change their undies multiple times a day? This wetness is ridiculous and gives me that "not-so-fresh" feeling...

Also- I have been hoisting my belly up after I pee to get a little more out and it actually works.

eta: I admit I have been wearing the same bra for an embarrassingly long time. Its the only comfy one I have! Yes, I wash it.

askew 06-10-2009 07:14 PM

I smell!

I wear deodorant and shower, yet my pits are super stinky by mid day. The weirdest thing is that often what I smell like is mexican food. Even when I didn't eat anything remotely like that.

lindsayjean 06-10-2009 08:07 PM

penstamom- I have had to wear cloth pads my entire pregnancy because of the gobs of cervical mucus I get. Good times.

Oh, and when I puke really vigorously (which is like, every time I puke which is at least a few times a week), I pee my pants. This happened once at a restaurant and I had to tie my sweater around my waist (and I never tie things around my waist, I looked so silly).

alicewyf 06-10-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
I smell!

I wear deodorant and shower, yet my pits are super stinky by mid day. The weirdest thing is that often what I smell like is mexican food. Even when I didn't eat anything remotely like that.
Me too! I feel like I am constantly stinky. My husband doesn't notice, so it must not be too bad, but man...I love getting my shower every day, so I feel non-stinktastic for a few hours.

gossamerwindweb 06-10-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Also- I have been hoisting my belly up after I pee to get a little more out and it actually works.
I am SOOO going to try that the next time I pee. LOL!

eli's mama 06-10-2009 08:26 PM

my personal moisture factor is like through the roof, and when i wear panty liners i get a yeast infection. I have been doing probiotics off and on this whole pregnancy but i'm still battling the yeast. it's driving me insane!!!

Ianthe 06-10-2009 08:38 PM

All my stools are super loose, and half the time it's like diaherra. Fun huh!?

askew 06-10-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
All my stools are super loose, and half the time it's like diaherra. Fun huh!?
This has been my entire pregnancy. Seriously!

Pavlovs 06-10-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Is anyone else having to change their undies multiple times a day? This wetness is ridiculous and gives me that "not-so-fresh" feeling...

eta: I admit I have been wearing the same bra for an embarrassingly long time. Its the only comfy one I have! Yes, I wash it.
Yes, yes, and yes. Describes me to a T.

GoldmanBaby09 06-10-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewyf View Post
Me too! I feel like I am constantly stinky. My husband doesn't notice, so it must not be too bad, but man...I love getting my shower every day, so I feel non-stinktastic for a few hours.
Have you ladies tried a men's deodorant? I feel I'm a pretty sweaty girl when I'm not pg, but things have been even worse with it being warm and being big and pregnant. I switched to Degree for Men and that seems like it helps a lot!

rjruiz_415 06-10-2009 09:54 PM

Ugh, I am right there with you on the changing the panties all fliping day! The only mama cloth I have is PP pads, and they are pretty huge, but i might just have to give in and wear them-lol!

Sarahstw 06-10-2009 11:06 PM

I have *the worst* crotch sweat at night, and sometimes during the day too. It's not discharge, it's between my thighs and outer labia. It is SO gross.
I bathe at night and then in the mornings I have a crotch shower. EW.
Anyone else?!

Angelorum 06-10-2009 11:15 PM

For about a month I woke up to crusty nipples and spots on my sheets from leaking colostrum. It happened during the day too. Mysteriously it seems to have stopped for now, but I still check every morning.

tracymom1 06-11-2009 12:13 AM

My butt gets chapped from all the sweating and leaking. I started putting corn starch on it!

And, yes, I change my underpants at least twice a day if not more. I actually went out and bought a couple more packages so that I could get through at least a few days without doing laundry. Where does all this stuff come from??!! I never really feel clean anymore. I am stinky, too, but I don't wear deodorant so I can't say I have tried to combat that one. I just kind of give up!

koalove 06-11-2009 12:37 AM

stinky/sweaty under the belly here. i lift it up to dry out in the crease. and i havent trimmed the pubic area in months. its a swamp.

Pavlovs 06-11-2009 12:52 AM

Ok, I'll admit to this...

I take a bath daily just to have some relief from gravity weighing on my stomach (I don't have access to a pool, unfortunately). I am careful to empty my bladder just before I get in, but often times somewhere in the middle of my long, relaxing bath I feel the urge. Thinking that it can't possibly be *that* much, I go ahead and let what I think will be a dribble go - but it's not a dribble! How is that possible? Shortens my bath every time. :

georgiegirl1974 06-11-2009 12:53 AM

This thread is awesome!!!

I've been lifting up my belly when I pee for a few days now. (One of the secretaries at work recommended it to me.)

And yes to the constantly damp panties and feeling not-so-fresh down there.

My nipples keep getting crusty from colostrum too (this did not happen with my first pregnancy.)

Storm Bride 06-11-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiegirl1974 View Post
My nipples keep getting crusty from colostrum too (this did not happen with my first pregnancy.)
It's happened in all of mine but the first. In the first, I only ever saw actual droplets.

Not really much of anything, except that I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life, and I stink. I seem to be the only one who notices it, but my body odour is definitely off. I hate it. I am so sick of sweat.

ETA: I just realized this is the July DDC - thought I'd clicked on June. Mind you, if I weren't having a scheduled repeat section, my baby would probably be here in July...

donutmolly 06-11-2009 01:32 AM

I totally thought that I "invented" the lift the belly when you pee move when I was pg with DD1... but I never wanted to admit it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, it works wonders!!!

gossamerwindweb 06-11-2009 01:42 AM

My crotch has been a swamp for months now. And the crotch sweating... aye aye aye! And it leaves a spot on the toilet seat that is just yucky so I use wipes on the toilet seat daily too. LOL!

askew 06-11-2009 03:12 AM

My white toilet seat now has a pink hue to it, and I am sure it has something to do with me and the pregnancy.

femalephish 06-11-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlovs View Post
Ok, I'll admit to this...

I take a bath daily just to have some relief from gravity weighing on my stomach (I don't have access to a pool, unfortunately). I am careful to empty my bladder just before I get in, but often times somewhere in the middle of my long, relaxing bath I feel the urge. Thinking that it can't possibly be *that* much, I go ahead and let what I think will be a dribble go - but it's not a dribble! How is that possible? Shortens my bath every time. :
The other day I got out of the tub and as I was drying off I peed. Right on the floor! Just standing there, drying my back and pee comes out. We're awesome.

NaturalMindedMomma 06-11-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli's mama View Post
my personal moisture factor is like through the roof, and when i wear panty liners i get a yeast infection. I have been doing probiotics off and on this whole pregnancy but i'm still battling the yeast. it's driving me insane!!!
DDC crash but I had this same problem, until I started sleeping nude on the bottom. Also soaking in a tub for a few after sex can stop the yeasties. But even if I wear pads and SWEAT all day, if I go commando at night all is GOOD!

NaturalMindedMomma 06-11-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femalephish View Post
The other day I got out of the tub and as I was drying off I peed. Right on the floor! Just standing there, drying my back and pee comes out. We're awesome.
IM SORRY THIS MADE ME LOL.... Thanks for that, I needed to know I am not alone in this peeing thing. I pee all the time and I can't even feel it until I am wet, there is no sensation of urine releasing at all. WTH???? LOL

NaturalMindedMomma 06-11-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahstw View Post
I have *the worst* crotch sweat at night, and sometimes during the day too. It's not discharge, it's between my thighs and outer labia. It is SO gross.
I bathe at night and then in the mornings I have a crotch shower. EW.
Anyone else?!
Sleep nakie on the bottom! This is my new thing. I really love it! I sweat too down there. I just put the fan on and aim it down at my legs and bum and when I wake up a little sweaty I take the blanket off my lower half. It's working fantastic. DP wakes up to my big butt exposed all the time. Poor guy.

NaturalMindedMomma 06-11-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalove View Post
stinky/sweaty under the belly here. i lift it up to dry out in the crease. and i havent trimmed the pubic area in months. its a swamp.
I did mine the other day with a buzzer. I CAUGHT MY LABIA...Totally not worth it. I usually wax when not pregnant. It just isn't worth it. LOL

FloMomma 06-11-2009 12:13 PM

Wow...this tread totally cracked me up, made me smile and made me realize that I am not a freak and not alone...these are truly the things my mother didn't tell me about pregnancy!

I noticed that I smell too, I never smell-- seriously, even my husband has commented on this and I used to shower every other day (I hate drying out my skin & hair)...now I have to shower every day and sometimes I want to shower twice, I thought my deodorant was failing me, but I think this is just pregnancy for me!

Also, I'm constantly damp "down there"...ick, I had to buy more panties to get through the days and nights, I try not to use pads, I like to let myself "breathe."

Peeing is such a joke, sometimes I feel like I have to go desperately and only about 3 drops come out...I am always wriggling all over the seat to get the best position for release!

Glad we're in it together and almost done!

Snuzzmom 06-11-2009 06:36 PM

Oh Lord... the discharge! It is so gross. Yeah, we don't have to deal with our periods for 10+ months, but this... this is not much better. Gack!

bananababies 06-11-2009 11:13 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a funky smell complex. My husband swears that I don't smell any different, but I think I stink! Maybe its just all the gas lingering. I've never had such bad gas in my whole life!