OK ladies- Nothing is really TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a new TMI thread if there is anything you need to discuss because chances are someone else has the same thing! IDK about you, but my friends and family don't want to hear this stuff!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#2 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Is anyone else having to change their undies multiple times a day? This wetness is ridiculous and gives me that "not-so-fresh" feeling...

Also- I have been hoisting my belly up after I pee to get a little more out and it actually works.

eta: I admit I have been wearing the same bra for an embarrassingly long time. Its the only comfy one I have! Yes, I wash it.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#3 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 PM

I smell!

I wear deodorant and shower, yet my pits are super stinky by mid day. The weirdest thing is that often what I smell like is mexican food. Even when I didn't eat anything remotely like that.
#4 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 07:07 PM

penstamom- I have had to wear cloth pads my entire pregnancy because of the gobs of cervical mucus I get. Good times.

Oh, and when I puke really vigorously (which is like, every time I puke which is at least a few times a week), I pee my pants. This happened once at a restaurant and I had to tie my sweater around my waist (and I never tie things around my waist, I looked so silly).
#5 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika13 View Post
I smell!

I wear deodorant and shower, yet my pits are super stinky by mid day. The weirdest thing is that often what I smell like is mexican food. Even when I didn't eat anything remotely like that.
Me too! I feel like I am constantly stinky. My husband doesn't notice, so it must not be too bad, but man...I love getting my shower every day, so I feel non-stinktastic for a few hours.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#6 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Also- I have been hoisting my belly up after I pee to get a little more out and it actually works.
I am SOOO going to try that the next time I pee. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#7 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 PM

my personal moisture factor is like through the roof, and when i wear panty liners i get a yeast infection. I have been doing probiotics off and on this whole pregnancy but i'm still battling the yeast. it's driving me insane!!!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#8 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM

All my stools are super loose, and half the time it's like diaherra. Fun huh!?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#9 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
All my stools are super loose, and half the time it's like diaherra. Fun huh!?
This has been my entire pregnancy. Seriously!
#10 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Is anyone else having to change their undies multiple times a day? This wetness is ridiculous and gives me that "not-so-fresh" feeling...

eta: I admit I have been wearing the same bra for an embarrassingly long time. Its the only comfy one I have! Yes, I wash it.
Yes, yes, and yes. Describes me to a T.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#11 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewyf View Post
Me too! I feel like I am constantly stinky. My husband doesn't notice, so it must not be too bad, but man...I love getting my shower every day, so I feel non-stinktastic for a few hours.
Have you ladies tried a men's deodorant? I feel I'm a pretty sweaty girl when I'm not pg, but things have been even worse with it being warm and being big and pregnant. I switched to Degree for Men and that seems like it helps a lot!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#12 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM

Ugh, I am right there with you on the changing the panties all fliping day! The only mama cloth I have is PP pads, and they are pretty huge, but i might just have to give in and wear them-lol!

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#13 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 PM

I have *the worst* crotch sweat at night, and sometimes during the day too. It's not discharge, it's between my thighs and outer labia. It is SO gross.
I bathe at night and then in the mornings I have a crotch shower. EW.
Anyone else?!

Clinical Herbalist. Trained but never certified, licensed, or registered as a midwife.
07/10/09
#14 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
For about a month I woke up to crusty nipples and spots on my sheets from leaking colostrum. It happened during the day too. Mysteriously it seems to have stopped for now, but I still check every morning.

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#15 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 PM

My butt gets chapped from all the sweating and leaking. I started putting corn starch on it!

And, yes, I change my underpants at least twice a day if not more. I actually went out and bought a couple more packages so that I could get through at least a few days without doing laundry. Where does all this stuff come from??!! I never really feel clean anymore. I am stinky, too, but I don't wear deodorant so I can't say I have tried to combat that one. I just kind of give up!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#16 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 PM

stinky/sweaty under the belly here. i lift it up to dry out in the crease. and i havent trimmed the pubic area in months. its a swamp.

joyful student mama to DS 2-05, open adoption birthmama to DD 5-07: and DS 6-98, crazy in love with DH, and loving our new baby boy! 7-09:!!
#17 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 PM

Ok, I'll admit to this...

I take a bath daily just to have some relief from gravity weighing on my stomach (I don't have access to a pool, unfortunately). I am careful to empty my bladder just before I get in, but often times somewhere in the middle of my long, relaxing bath I feel the urge. Thinking that it can't possibly be *that* much, I go ahead and let what I think will be a dribble go - but it's not a dribble! How is that possible? Shortens my bath every time. :

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#18 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 PM

This thread is awesome!!!

I've been lifting up my belly when I pee for a few days now. (One of the secretaries at work recommended it to me.)

And yes to the constantly damp panties and feeling not-so-fresh down there.

My nipples keep getting crusty from colostrum too (this did not happen with my first pregnancy.)

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#19 of 50 Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiegirl1974 View Post
My nipples keep getting crusty from colostrum too (this did not happen with my first pregnancy.)
It's happened in all of mine but the first. In the first, I only ever saw actual droplets.

Not really much of anything, except that I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life, and I stink. I seem to be the only one who notices it, but my body odour is definitely off. I hate it. I am so sick of sweat.

ETA: I just realized this is the July DDC - thought I'd clicked on June. Mind you, if I weren't having a scheduled repeat section, my baby would probably be here in July...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#20 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM

I totally thought that I "invented" the lift the belly when you pee move when I was pg with DD1... but I never wanted to admit it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this, it works wonders!!!

Mama to 4 girls    chicken3.gif5/05, 12/07, 9/09, 3/11   winner.jpghomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg

#21 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 AM

My crotch has been a swamp for months now. And the crotch sweating... aye aye aye! And it leaves a spot on the toilet seat that is just yucky so I use wipes on the toilet seat daily too. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#22 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 AM

My white toilet seat now has a pink hue to it, and I am sure it has something to do with me and the pregnancy.
#23 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlovs View Post
Ok, I'll admit to this...

I take a bath daily just to have some relief from gravity weighing on my stomach (I don't have access to a pool, unfortunately). I am careful to empty my bladder just before I get in, but often times somewhere in the middle of my long, relaxing bath I feel the urge. Thinking that it can't possibly be *that* much, I go ahead and let what I think will be a dribble go - but it's not a dribble! How is that possible? Shortens my bath every time. :
The other day I got out of the tub and as I was drying off I peed. Right on the floor! Just standing there, drying my back and pee comes out. We're awesome.

Newly Single-Mama. Raising homebirth baby, Josephine, July '09.

#24 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli's mama View Post
my personal moisture factor is like through the roof, and when i wear panty liners i get a yeast infection. I have been doing probiotics off and on this whole pregnancy but i'm still battling the yeast. it's driving me insane!!!
DDC crash but I had this same problem, until I started sleeping nude on the bottom. Also soaking in a tub for a few after sex can stop the yeasties. But even if I wear pads and SWEAT all day, if I go commando at night all is GOOD!
#25 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femalephish View Post
The other day I got out of the tub and as I was drying off I peed. Right on the floor! Just standing there, drying my back and pee comes out. We're awesome.
IM SORRY THIS MADE ME LOL.... Thanks for that, I needed to know I am not alone in this peeing thing. I pee all the time and I can't even feel it until I am wet, there is no sensation of urine releasing at all. WTH???? LOL
#26 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahstw View Post
I have *the worst* crotch sweat at night, and sometimes during the day too. It's not discharge, it's between my thighs and outer labia. It is SO gross.
I bathe at night and then in the mornings I have a crotch shower. EW.
Anyone else?!
Sleep nakie on the bottom! This is my new thing. I really love it! I sweat too down there. I just put the fan on and aim it down at my legs and bum and when I wake up a little sweaty I take the blanket off my lower half. It's working fantastic. DP wakes up to my big butt exposed all the time. Poor guy.
#27 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalove View Post
stinky/sweaty under the belly here. i lift it up to dry out in the crease. and i havent trimmed the pubic area in months. its a swamp.
I did mine the other day with a buzzer. I CAUGHT MY LABIA...Totally not worth it. I usually wax when not pregnant. It just isn't worth it. LOL
#28 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Wow...this tread totally cracked me up, made me smile and made me realize that I am not a freak and not alone...these are truly the things my mother didn't tell me about pregnancy!

I noticed that I smell too, I never smell-- seriously, even my husband has commented on this and I used to shower every other day (I hate drying out my skin & hair)...now I have to shower every day and sometimes I want to shower twice, I thought my deodorant was failing me, but I think this is just pregnancy for me!

Also, I'm constantly damp "down there"...ick, I had to buy more panties to get through the days and nights, I try not to use pads, I like to let myself "breathe."

Peeing is such a joke, sometimes I feel like I have to go desperately and only about 3 drops come out...I am always wriggling all over the seat to get the best position for release!

Glad we're in it together and almost done!

Flo, SAHM to a fearless, crazy, off-the-wall DD (7/22/09) and Power Yoga Instructor the rest of the time   Expecting #2 in July 2012

#29 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh Lord... the discharge! It is so gross. Yeah, we don't have to deal with our periods for 10+ months, but this... this is not much better. Gack!
#30 of 50 Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a funky smell complex. My husband swears that I don't smell any different, but I think I stink! Maybe its just all the gas lingering. I've never had such bad gas in my whole life!

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page