June 15-21 -- Chat Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! Nope, no more leaking. I have no idea what that was about! I hope baby holds off for a bit because I'm not ready!

Mmmmm I have some banana bread in the oven...I have never baked this much in my life! My freezer is bursting with muffins and I made a huge batch of french toast, cut it into slices and froze it. I am lazy in the morning so I wanted to stock up on easy breakfasts!

I forgot the solstice is coming up! We usually go up north for the day but DH works on the weekend

CPST & mom

#62 of 73 Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
Mmmmm I have some banana bread in the oven...I have never baked this much in my life! My freezer is bursting with muffins and I made a huge batch of french toast, cut it into slices and froze it. I am lazy in the morning so I wanted to stock up on easy breakfasts!
Yum, you have given me a great idea...and a potential craving for french toast now.

Lately I've been making shakes and smoothies so that I can get a bunch of nutrients in one go....that, and I keep having left over bananas to get rid of. I'm about to attempt a chocolate banana peanut butter soymilkshake.
#63 of 73 Old 06-19-2009, 09:20 PM

I keep making extra french toast and planning to freeze it for later--then I forget about it and just leave it in my oven and don't know it is there until I bake something else LOL

Umm...yeah...I have been making brownies or cookies almost everyday..and for a while I was making wholesome low sugar, whole wheat, black bean brownies--now I'm just using the mix from the store LOL--oh yes, and going for ice cream almost everyday (umm, twice today---it is really bad, I actually gained 4lbs in a week and last time I only gain 1lb in 2wks!)

Oh, so my 2yo picked out a little "lovey" rattle/bear/blanket thing for the baby and after wrapping it up today (with the cutest serious face on) he went and got all his favorite cars and trains and put them in the bag too--I just thought it was so sweet!

2yo is also totally out of diapers as of nearly a week-even at night! I'm thinking about packing them away in the shed when I take my postpartum clothes out, but, I'm a little worried sense people keep telling me he will regress when the baby comes.

DH's annuity from his old job came in too, so even though it is not much we can now fund my time off work, buy a new breast pump, and maybe save some so we can have a down payment for a house in a few months (hopefully!)
#64 of 73 Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamergrrl View Post
I'm about to attempt a chocolate banana peanut butter soymilkshake.
Ok, I just made the shake and it's the best one I've made so far. I've been making them mostly through trial and error and now I've hit the jackpot. It came out so nice and thick and creamy. Here's what I did:

2 frozen bananas (might be best to peel them before freezing)
About 2 1/2 cups chocolate soymilk
2 heaping tbsps of creamy peanut butter

Peel and cut up the bananas. Add the bananas, chocolate soymilk and peanut butter to the blender. Blend on high for about 1 minute or until thoroughly blended. Enjoy!
#65 of 73 Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 PM

I want that smoothie now!! Its funny, I keep encouraging DP to make shakes for HIS breakfast...now I need to just make some for me.
Tomorrow morning, watch out!

mama to Journey (1/07) Sequoia (1/07) and Camellia (7/09)
#66 of 73 Old 06-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Thinknig of eliminating dairy (slowly LOL as I am a huge ice cream and cheese fan- not togethr of course lol but yea) as my dd is having ear infection issues, and the Dr mentioned she has dark circles under her eyes- an indicator of allergies, so the soymilk based smoothie ideas are great, thanks!

Overheard a neighbor who is about a week and a half "ahead" of me talking up how quick and fantastic c-sections are and how awesome she felt she was (basically) for going that route.. blehhhhh... She's really nice, but her views are obviously so different... ugh.. hard for me to be/make friends with people so different from me :P - at least my neighbor two doors away is a babywearing, breastfeeding, slightly crunchy type with a 10 week old

I feel like there is much to be done- but I feel like zeeero energy. :P

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#67 of 73 Old 06-20-2009, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequoiasMom View Post
I want that smoothie now!!
:

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#68 of 73 Old 06-20-2009, 01:30 AM

Yum that smoothie sounds delish! If I weren't out of bananas I would so be making one right now! DH might get sent out for a late night grocery run

The french toast I made was super yummy! I did coconut milk and put in some applesauce.

Lilmomma, congrats on PL! We are there too. DD2 was soooo easy to PL it seemed almost too easy, and unlike her big sister who was/still is afraid of public potties, she wants to use every potty everywhere we go. Today a quick trip to Walmart turned into three trips to the potty, during which she produced about 4 drops of pee .

ETA: I had a MW appt today and my BP is up a little. Not bad (130/70) but it's the highest I've ever seen it-normal for me is 120/60.

CPST & mom

#69 of 73 Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Happy weekend

We got my MIL a massage gift cert for her b-day and it expires on monday.. she said she "has no time" to use it, so is giving it back to me.. that means I get a massage today :

#70 of 73 Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Happy weekend

We got my MIL a massage gift cert for her b-day and it expires on monday.. she said she "has no time" to use it, so is giving it back to me.. that means I get a massage today :
That is awesome! I want a massage!

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend/Father's day? I think we are just going to try and relax. We had a hard week with our basement flooding and everything so we need a break. I think we actually may go mini-golfing tonight. Haven't done that in years! We have a babysitter and nothing to do... it seems like once we have someone secured for the night we can't figure out how to spend it!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#71 of 73 Old 06-20-2009, 05:25 PM

Wow a massage would feel awesome! Enjoy it!

CPST & mom

#72 of 73 Old 06-20-2009, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend/Father's day?
I *want* to have a baby this weekend! If that doesn't happen we plan on hanging out and having a nice dinner.

#73 of 73 Old 06-21-2009, 09:57 PM

--starting a new thread --

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page