stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't remind me! Everytime I think I'm getting a handle on things, another week rolls around. Oh, and we are officially half way through the month of June today

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#3 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldmanBaby09 View Post
Don't remind me! Everytime I think I'm getting a handle on things, another week rolls around. Oh, and we are officially half way through the month of June today
Yay!!!

Speaking of halfway through the month.. DH gets paid tomorrow and we are going thrift store shopping for newborn clothes, then Costco shopping for easy-to-eat food.

I meant to make a freezer meal all weekend, but it never happened I at least want 2 freezer meals before the baby comes!

#4 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 04:09 PM

I am starting to feel much more ready for this baby even though I still have diapers and mama cloth to make and a bunch of stuff to get on my midwives list. At this point, what gets done, gets done and what doesn't - oh well!!

We had a garage sale this weekend and made just over $300!!! I could not believe our turnout - even with the rain on Saturday we still did well. It was really exciting to watch our things disappear and make some money!

How was everyone's weekends?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#5 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post
I am starting to feel much more ready for this baby even though I still have diapers and mama cloth to make and a bunch of stuff to get on my midwives list. At this point, what gets done, gets done and what doesn't - oh well!!

We had a garage sale this weekend and made just over $300!!! I could not believe our turnout - even with the rain on Saturday we still did well. It was really exciting to watch our things disappear and make some money!

How was everyone's weekends?
When we had our yard sale we only made like $50! It sucked, and it was a beautiful day! Everything else got taken to the thrift store.

My weekend was busy.. I spent my time organizing the boys' room- not that they sleep there anyway, we are going to have 4 people in our small bedroom, but at least they have a place for all their stuff! I took out all my clothes out of my small dresser and that is now DS1's dresser, and new baby gets his old "dresser" (plastic bin with drawers).

DH and I went on a date last night and it was nice to get out just the 2 of us. He is now back to work for the rest of the week.. working out of town. This baby really needs to be born on a weekend so that he is there for the birth... he is only 2 hours away, but sometimes he's out working in the middle of nowhere, literally, and doesn't have cell phone coverage.. makes me VERY nervous!

#6 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 PM

We had a busy weekend. Friday morning DH had to work, so DS and I played outside and enjoyed the nice weather and then we went to the park in the afternoon. And since neither DH or I wanted to cook, we went out for pizza and ice cream. On Saturday morning we ran all of our usual errands and then we went to the zoo for the day and it was gorgeous weather. Sunday morning, we washed the cars and then we went to a welcome baby party.
I still can't believe June is halfway over and that I am almost 38 weeks pregnant. My nesting has kicked into full swing again and I cleaning house like crazy. Thank goodness Ds wanted to "help" me sweep/mop the floors yesterday morning.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#7 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 05:32 PM

I am not due till the 19th of July, so for me it is CRRRRAZY that I am going to be considered fullterm in 2 FREAKING WEEKS. Holy moley, I can't believe I am going to HAVE A BABY in 2-6 weeks. IN-freaking-sane. I didn't feel this "oh my gosh" about it last time... maybe I was sort of in denial about it since it was my first, or maybe this pregnancy has flown by so much more because it's my 2nd... but either way, I am just SUPER SUPER SUPER excited and just in awe that it's almost July!!

We're out of the state this week. My husband is the speaker at a youth summer camp so my 2 y.o. and I went along to hang out. It's sure nice to be at this beautiful camp, but it is kind of tiring to be alone with my 2 y.o. most of the time.... but at least she sees daddy.... if I were home it would be way worse! I think it's good she's spending so much time with me right before her brother is born- horseback rides, trips to the lake, etc... she's kind of getting sick of me I think LOL.
#8 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 PM

We drove 30 miles south of us to the nearest Krispy Kreme yesterday. I needed them, i swear! We came back with 2 boxes of donuts, and 1 box of mini donuts... and now i have a toothache

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#9 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM

I finally bought something baby-related today - 3 onesies from a kids' resale store for $4. I'm very proud of myself. I think this might be the beginning of a mild nesting phase.
#10 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 06:53 PM

I'm burnt out on preparing for this baby. I'm tired, uncomfortable, my 5 yr old is sick and my almost 4 yr old. UGH! I'm so annoyed with him right now, not only has he been acting up, but he is having a TON of pee accidents, which he is doing on purpose, by being too lazy to go to the bathroom on time (pees all over the floor in FRONT of the toilet). My master bdrm looks like crap too, we moved a bunch of stuff out of the baby room and now it is in our room, nothing like two rooms looking like crap at the same time. I want to just hibernate until the baby decides to show up.
#11 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
My weekend was busy.. I spent my time organizing the boys' room- not that they sleep there anyway, we are going to have 4 people in our small bedroom, but at least they have a place for all their stuff! I took out all my clothes out of my small dresser and that is now DS1's dresser, and new baby gets his old "dresser" (plastic bin with drawers).
OMG, this is us too. Though the last couple of nights they've both been sleeping at least part of the night in thier room. I can't believe it but my 2 yo stays in there longer than the 5 yo!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#12 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM

Today I was remembering how EMPTY I felt after my daughter was born 12 years ago. I had just gotten so used to having another human being inside of me that when she was outside, even though I was holding her, I just felt empty. It made me feel sad that I will feel empty again once this little guy is born... and he is my last baby. We aren't going to have any more (took 10 years to get this one!). It surprises me since pregnancy in general has NOT been kind to me.

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#13 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM

I am so tired, redudant i know! My kids are out of school now so 5 kids are home with me all day long. Can't keep the house clean for the life of me. Still dealing with lots of court stuff but my lawyer is taking over the majority so that i can have a break. Court last week was just an appearance the actual hearing is in 2 weeks. I may not make it though! Everytime i have contractions i tell them to go away because i am just not ready. THis last trimester has flown by and now i realize how immenint the birth is and i haven't prepared properly. I know though that i don't need to be ready, the baby just comes and fits into our lives like she was always there. I do look forward to meeting her. I just went and had some cranial sacral work done on me and i am feeling physically better, i just need a 2 week nap and i"ll be all set.

Thanks for all your support about the court stuff. I am trying to distance myself from it a bit so that i can stay focused on the baby instead. I may just postpone the hearings for awhile.

Hopefully i will get good news on the babies heartrate tomorrow at my midwife appointment because i need some calm on that issue.
#14 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 PM

The weekend went well. My couple came and spent Saturday night with me, which was a treat. (They don't get to come stay unless Dad is out of the apartment.) Sunday was my baby shower. It seemed like everybody got lost trying to get there, and one of the hostesses received the news that her beloved cat has a week to live. That was a downer, but we made the best of it. A friend brought her 17 mo. old son with her, and he helped provide plenty of entertainment. I got a lot of baby/kid books, which is wonderful! People were very generous; I was once again reminded that I'm blessed.

The other downer was that Mom didn't come. She had made it quite clear that she had no intentions of going. She went to a coworker's shower, instead. And while that cut to the quick, it was nice to be myself around friends and people who love and accept me for who I am -- not who I'm in love with -- and wanted to celebrate my baby with me.

I had an appointment with the midwife today. I've gained about 25 lbs. total, my stats are looking good, and the baby is head down with a healthy heartbeat. 35 weeks tomorrow. Eesh.

- Born 7/21/09
#15 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 PM

I cannot believe how much work I got done today! It is like I got this crazy burst of energy out of nowhere and just kept on working

Cleaned 2 years worth of clutter + dirt from the garage. Scrubbed the bathroom and tidied every corner and drawer in my bedroom. Trimmed bushes in the garden. Finished 5 loads of laundry!
I had some productive contractions earlier today, and if I did not know better, I would say this was going into labor soon. But probably not, with my babies' track record... At least I get a clean house!
#16 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quindin View Post
I cannot believe how much work I got done today! It is like I got this crazy burst of energy out of nowhere and just kept on working

Cleaned 2 years worth of clutter + dirt from the garage. Scrubbed the bathroom and tidied every corner and drawer in my bedroom. Trimmed bushes in the garden. Finished 5 loads of laundry!
I had some productive contractions earlier today, and if I did not know better, I would say this was going into labor soon. But probably not, with my babies' track record... At least I get a clean house!
OMG! I'm jealous of your energy! All I could manage today was defrosting chicken for dinner and vacuuming the upstairs. I feel like I'm moving in slow motion now with this big belly!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#17 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I feel like I'm moving in slow motion now with this big belly!
me too! All I got done today was unloading/loading the dishwasher and one load of diaper laundry.

#18 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
OMG! I'm jealous of your energy! All I could manage today was defrosting chicken for dinner and vacuuming the upstairs. I feel like I'm moving in slow motion now with this big belly!

That's about where I am at too! Dh is taking Friday off so I can get *stuff* done so I am just going to save all my energy for then!

Serenekitten - my Mom is kind of the same way. She has a hard time accepting a lot of things about my life and, if I had to diagnose, I would peg her as having a borderline personality disorder. We rarely speak and when we do it is not good. She thinks she is great and I am the *messed up* one... sigh... at least we have people who love and accept us no matter what!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#19 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Oooh. I forgot to mention that I am going for an hour long massage tomorrow. I am so looking forward to it.

I just need to remember not to drink anything for like an hour beforehand or I will have to pee like 5 times in that hour.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#20 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post
Serenekitten - my Mom is kind of the same way. She has a hard time accepting a lot of things about my life and, if I had to diagnose, I would peg her as having a borderline personality disorder. We rarely speak and when we do it is not good. She thinks she is great and I am the *messed up* one... sigh... at least we have people who love and accept us no matter what!
Yeah, I know what you mean. My motto for the day is, "Friends are God's way of apologizing for family." I went through some of the stuff from the shower (including onesies everyone decorated with fabric markers), and it made me smile.

- Born 7/21/09
#21 of 73 Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenekitten View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. My motto for the day is, "Friends are God's way of apologizing for family." I went through some of the stuff from the shower (including onesies everyone decorated with fabric markers), and it made me smile.
I love that!

#22 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 AM

I'm sorry for the family issues some of you are facing.

I'm 37wks today! I got a few things done also, I washed my stroller covers, put the car seat together (that was difficult!) and started packing my "hospital bag" but, I had to clean too because we had to show our apartment tonight. We rent a duplex and our downstairs neighbors are moving and our landlord is letting us move downstairs for the same rent! YAY!!!! (Though it looks like our move will be right around my EDD!!!)

Oh, and I think I have been losing my mucus plug today, but, I'm not sure---no blood, but TONS of mucus---just about every time I go to the bathroom...not that it means anything if I am.
#23 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 AM

I am 36 weeks 1 day according to conception and 37 weeks 6 days according to LMP. The LMP is seeming more accurate with this pregnancy. I am feeling done and ready and peaceful about having a baby. My husband keeps telling me he keeps thinking I will go into labor. I am getting anxious. I keep trying to fill up my schedule more and more and more every day. I'd rather cancel things than be totally bored out of my mind. I do tell myself that this will be over in a month and I will be dealing with other things, but I am still feeling anxious.

I've gained 28 pounds, and 2 more pounds will put me at 200, which would make me grumpy, but Oh well. I have been gaining really, really slowly though, which is a great sign. I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow and with the doula, so that is nice. It will be good to get all of that out of the way.

I am also expecting a litter of baby rabbits tomorrow, which is always lovely to distract me. They are only meat rabbits, so no real cuddling or anything with them, but I do have some 7 week old babies to cuddle now that are pretty darn cute.

My MIL is out of town right now, and I just keep thinking that it would be LOVELY if I had the baby while she was away. So much less to worry about on so many accounts. I hope that I will be able to hold off on announcing the birth for a day or two after because I know people will be knocking on my door whether invited or not

My house is spotless and my to-do list is done--that must be part of why I am feeling so darn crazy!

Wife to Jared; SAHM to dd Daphne (03/07) and VBAC Cyprus (06/09). Farmer, Wool Goddess, Photographer and Seamstress
#24 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 AM

About the energy, it is the first time in months I have any at all.
Like you ladies, I have zero of it usually. I am more than happy if I can even get the bare basics to keep my kids fed and clean every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenekitten View Post
So true!
: grouphug ladies. I am sorry you are having to deal with it.
#25 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM

I'm 36 weeks now, and getting so excited to meet this baby! I'm doing a second belly cast this week (I did my first one around 32 weeks) and getting maternity photos done.
I'm very curious to see when this baby comes. Ds was born at 36 weeks, 4 days. But, I'm really feeling like this baby won't come until the first week of July. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, since I want a July baby, and my mother blessing isn't until June 28.

I'm finally off-call from births for a good few months, so that is nice. I know I should start trying to nap when I can, but I'm such a 'do-er' that I'd rather spend the time cleaning or cooking. My energy isn't the best, and I finally got my blood work done, and I am slightly anemic, so at least that is part of my low-energy problem! I'm now doing lots of chlorphyll, herbal tea, chlorella, and dried fruit and dark leafy greens, and feeling better already.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#26 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 02:17 PM

**hugs** mamas!! I'm right there w/ the mom issue, just its MIL instead! I'm trying to deal with it though.

I will be 36 weeks in 2 days and had my first internal today. It wasn't bad at all, my mw was so gentle. I was surprised I didn't have to be in stirrups and all the crap that a reg. OB would of had me do! She also showed DH how to do my perenial massge, which didn't hurt either! My Little Lady is in a good position which I had been worrying about. She hasn't dropped yet, but my mw said my cervix is soft and that I'm about 50% effaced!

Today is my last day teaching with the kids! Tomorrow is a teacher workday and then summer vacay starts!! Thank goodness!! My mw said if school wasn't finishing today she would take me out of work b/c of my extreme swelling. Thank goodness I made it! I can't wait to just be pregnant and not work. I am only aloud to do one errande a day and I'm suppossed to be laying down w/ fet up the rest of the time, but I'm fine with that!

I hope your all having a good day today!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#27 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

: 38 weeks today!! :

#28 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM

37 Weeks today! :
As far as I'm concerned baby can come... yesterday! But I know that she probably needs to cook a little longer.
Anyone else getting a little tired of being a crock pot?

I had a huge amount of energy this weekend, it was amazing! I emptied out most of the kitchen deep cleaned and reorganized about 80% of it. DH & our roommates are so confused trying to find things now.

Now today on the other hand, I feel terrible! I'm nauseus and it really HURTS when the baby moves, like it feels like a nasty contraction, but at the top of my uterus! I think she's going to be really long. At least we're almost there! I told DH last night, it feels like I have been pregnant for so long, but in 5-6 weeks (or 2 or 3 ) we will be holding LO!

I havn't seen the doc in 2 weeks : I switched to the more natural friendly hospital, the one with a water birthing suite, instead of dozens of residents/interns! : but my old OB's office has been dragging their feet getting my paperwork sent off. Supposedly they mailed it on Friday...

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#29 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
: 38 weeks today!! :
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ughhh...so I'm scheduled to work CRAZY hours at both my jobs this week and next (trying to save $$ for after the baby is born sense I do not get paid leave)...which means after working this AM I have to go back in tonight and I just feel awful... I mean my head is saying how great it is that baby is riding low now-but, my body HATES it! I keep trying to go to the bathroom thinking I'll feel better, but, it doesn't help at all...plus I can't sit without getting BHC's...argh!!!
#30 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post
I havn't seen the doc in 2 weeks : I switched to the more natural friendly hospital, the one with a water birthing suite, instead of dozens of residents/interns! : but my old OB's office has been dragging their feet getting my paperwork sent off. Supposedly they mailed it on Friday...
My OB with DS1 did the same thing when I switched.

---

I had a mw appt today, everything is good.. I've been at the same weight for my last 3 appts though, which concerns me, but not my mw. I still weigh about 7 lbs less than when I had DS1 at 41 weeks... but I am also much more active chasing around a 2 year old all the time too.

Baby's head is slightly in my pelvis, but not much. I really want to have a solstice/fathers day baby.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page