belly cast - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-17-2009, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH reallllly want to make a belly cast this time. I really do not care Now I just can not decide whether to do the whole belly and breasts, or just the belly. All of the whole torse ones I see are soo pretty, but i have a feeling that my teeny tiny boobies would not look that great on a belly cast... idk why, I just think it would look silly? Am i totally off my rocker? Does anyone have any pics of their belly casts with smaller boobs? Would it look silly if I only did my tummy?

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#2 of 10 Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 PM

I haven't done a belly cast yet, but very much want to. Babies R Us has a kit for like $30. My mom is coming up to stay with us before and after the baby comes and I think I will see if she wants to put it on for me. She had one done when she had my youngest brother 10 years ago and just did her belly. I was thinking of just doing my belly only, too. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as you. My boobs are ginormous and out of control. They look like they belong on the cover of a National Geographic, all floppy and huge. If I had tiny boobs more in line with my smaller frame, I would probably include them. But you have to consider, if you are going to be hanging that somewhere in your house where people can see it, do you want everyone to be able to view a plaster cast of your boobies? I think belly is totally acceptable, and really, you want to do what you want to be able to remember about the pregnancy. To me, the belly is much more awe-inspiring than my boobs

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#3 of 10 Old 06-17-2009, 09:18 PM

I don't see why your little boobs wouldn't look good. My big floppy amazon woman boobs won't look that great, but I'm doing it. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#4 of 10 Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 PM

I think the full torso ones are way cuter than just the belly ones, no matter what size the boobies are!

Kristen - doula and birth educator, wife to Ben and mama to Sydney Mu (8/06) and Cal Edward (7/09) :
#5 of 10 Old 06-17-2009, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The belly only ones I've seen don't really look like much. Like it's hard to tell what it is supposed to be without the boobs included. JMO

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#6 of 10 Old 06-18-2009, 06:31 AM

i did one and my breasts are pretty small reletive to my belly due to igt. i can e mail you a pic. if you pm me. i love mine. you might consider putting your hads over your breasts or something and casting your hands too...ive seen some really awesome ones like that. we had tons of fun doing ours and im glad i did it. i think dh really liked it....he was giving me lots of kisses and funny looks while we were doing it...

joyful mama to DS 2-05, open adoption birthmama to DD 5-07: and DS 6-98, and my littlest one 7-09. crazy in love with DH!
#7 of 10 Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 AM

I have big old saggy boobs and I chose to include them in the belly cast. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I think smaller boobs would be cuter AND make the belly look bigger, which is the whole point, right?

If you decide to omit the breasts, you will end up with a belly "bowl" that would be very cute for newborn pictures! You can even plaster in a coaster over the middle of your belly to make sure the bowl will sit correctly. Then you decorate it and stick the new baby in it for a cute photo op!

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

#8 of 10 Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Hi there,

I was really nervous about showing my breasts on my belly cast because I've never been particularly fond of their shape.. But I just went for it and called up a lady who works here locally and the experience was peaceful and the belly cast looks amazing. She made my boobs look great and yet still like mine! I'm so happy to have done this and I would recommend it to any of you who are still hesitating because it is really a great way to remember your pregnancy. Go for it while you still can!
#9 of 10 Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 PM

: ohh i'm glad this is back! i'm just hoping my sister (the artist of the family) can get up here to help me do the cast before i loose my belly! has anyone painted or otherwise decorated their casts?

ashley medschool mamasuperhero.gif, married to my sweetiejammin.gif , mama to edie q born 07/09carrot.gif and "bean #2" due 12/12 bellycast.gif, loving our life!joy.gif

#10 of 10 Old 07-20-2009, 09:34 PM

I think it's better to do the boobs and the belly, otherwise it is just an orb and doesn't look like a human form. Be proud of your body no matter what size your boobies are! They will nourish your baby whether they are big or small

I did mine last week and I ended up doing two b/c I wasn't totally happy with the first one. For the first one I was sitting semi reclined and I didn't think that my belly looked as big as it really is. So we did another one where I sat up straight on the edge of the chair and I think it came out way better. Now I am going to put on another layer of rigid wrap to make it stronger and then I am going to paint a big mandala on the belly and seal it with an acrylic finish. I am going to hang it on the wall in my birthing room and use it as a focal point during labor.

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page