Sore "down there", maybe TMI? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-19-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, odd question for you ladies. I have been sore "down there" for the last week or so. It is almost like a burning sensation and is worse at the end of the day. By bedtime, it feels like I just need to sleep commando with the fan blowing on "it" to cool/dry it off. Then I noticed that it seems as if my um... labia are huge/engorged and being pushed to the outside. (sorry if it's tmi) Could this be due to baby dropping and/or engaging? Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't remember any of this with my other two.
#2 of 7 Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
ell

Yep, I've got a similar thing going on. I've actually got what appears to be a heat rash on my outer labia. It's great fun. I think it's simply due to the fact that everything is somewhat engorged in the vulva area due to baby dropping etc. and therefore there's some chafing and heat, and not much air circulation. I'm using lots of cold compresses, taking baths and generally trying not to get overheated.
#3 of 7 Old 06-19-2009, 08:51 PM

THere is a lot of blood flow going on down there so being swollen is very normal. It is due to the weight of the uterus and/or the pressure of the babies head down there. It doesn't necessarily mean the baby has dropped. You could also have some varicosities bulging down there which is normal as well. They can be quite painful.
#4 of 7 Old 06-19-2009, 11:43 PM

Mine hurts too. It just feels sore. I don't remember it feeling this bad with my other two pregnancies.
#5 of 7 Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 AM

Could it be some sort of a yeast infection?

My nether regions seem bulgy, but that is about all.

Wife to Jared; SAHM to dd Daphne (03/07) and VBAC Cyprus (06/09). Farmer, Wool Goddess, Photographer and Seamstress
#6 of 7 Old 06-20-2009, 01:31 AM

I hve that too! I have been feeling a little yeast-y but also achy. It's a weird feeling. Oh, and of course since the baby engaged the good ol' rhoids are back :.

CPST & mom

#7 of 7 Old 06-20-2009, 08:54 AM

I have the exact same feeling. I keep telling Dh that my groin is sore like my back is sore. I pulled out a mirror and tried to get a good look the other day and the labia are swollen and purple - but I don't know how long they have been like that because I haven't been able to see down there for a while! Lol!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page