~ * Chat Thread * ~ June 22-28! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 06-28-2009, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first, EDD is July 3rd. I'm not counting the days so much as the weeks- and freaking out about how much she will weigh- I don't want her to be HUGE like I was, or her father was.

I have no idea what to expect. My family has a history of large babies and "intervention" during labor/birth. DH was the biggest baby born to his mother, and a vaginal birth, and she claims the easiest birth she had.

It COULD go either way- I'm still scared though.

I keep talking to the belly and saying "today would be a great day to come out." Or telling her (as she stretches and makes me uncomfortable) that there's a LOT more room to move out here, and she should come out.

She's not listening.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

#92 of 99 Old 06-28-2009, 05:00 PM

Both DH and I are short.
Our babies however, have been 9lbs +

Really, no biggie
The secret for me was to focus, relax and not panic.
Oh, and to move around, and avoid lying flat on my back!
And of course, be rested and well fed.

You can do it
#93 of 99 Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quindin View Post
I CAN'T WAIT for June to be G.O.N.E!!

It's getting nice and hot here, I'm going out when DH gets paid on Wednesday and picking up a 6 pack of my favorite beer, so that when I have the baby, I will know that there is a nice cold one waiting for me in the fridge.

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#94 of 99 Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post

It's getting nice and hot here, I'm going out when DH gets paid on Wednesday and picking up a 6 pack of my favorite beer, so that when I have the baby, I will know that there is a nice cold one waiting for me in the fridge.
hee hee, I have some pink cheap ass champagne waiting in the fridge for me!! I have no idea what prompted me to buy it, but it cracks me up just thinking about bringing out the blush Andre "champagne" to drink after baby!!

mama to Journey (1/07) Sequoia (1/07) and Camellia (7/09)
#95 of 99 Old 06-28-2009, 10:43 PM

Oh, I forgot to share this little thing that happened on my appointment Friday:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1104509
#96 of 99 Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequoiasMom View Post
hee hee, I have some pink cheap ass champagne waiting in the fridge for me!! I have no idea what prompted me to buy it, but it cracks me up just thinking about bringing out the blush Andre "champagne" to drink after baby!!
I want beer AND champagne!

We have a bottle of not-so-cheap (but not expensive) pink champagne in our fridge left over from Valentine's Day (un-opened, DH totally ruined valentines this year).. maybe we'll break that open for a little birthday party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quindin View Post
Oh, I forgot to share this little thing that happened on my appointment Friday:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1104509
OMG!! I doubt you have twins, but wouldn't that be crazy?!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#97 of 99 Old 06-29-2009, 10:44 AM

As far as EPO-- my midwife said that orally doesn't do much, but she suggested 4-5 capsuls, pierced and then the oil sucked into a syringe and "injected" near the cervix (no not with a needle, like the syringe you might give a small infant medicine with) once/day. She's also big on peri-massge, gotta get the DH on that though since I can't see a darn thing any more!

Also, I am CRAVING sangria or a margarita! I lived in Switzerland the past 2 years and neither of those 2 drinks really exist on a summer menu, so I've really missed them-- now that we're back, I'm pregnant and can't have them...but DH promised he'd whip up a frozen margartia after the LO arrives and since we're having a homebirth I won't have to wait long!

Flo, SAHM to a fearless, crazy, off-the-wall DD (7/22/09) and Power Yoga Instructor the rest of the time   Expecting #2 in July 2012

#98 of 99 Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 AM

Mmmm margaritas! Sounds great! We just bought a case of beer at Costco, so I guess it'll be a Sam Adams for me Although, the Blackberry Witbier is fantabulous!

CPST & mom

#99 of 99 Old 06-29-2009, 12:29 PM

Hehe- I have a few bottles of nice wine just calling my name for after the birth. I know the hospital doesn't allow it, but those bottles will be coming and will be downed in the our room!

I'm hesitant to do EPO unless I start to feel "overdone". I figure that my body will be making its own prostiglandins as women's bodies have for millenia. We might have to indulge in more sex though...

Avani- are you in Arcata by any chance? I lived there for 5 years and it has such a special place in my heart. I'm assuming you're somewhere on the north coast- oh, how I miss the redwoods

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page