Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New week, new chat thread!!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#2 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oooh. I guess I'm the first one to post.

Not too much going on here. I have my 39 week appointment on Thursday. My midwife's had me start using EPO and drinking RRL tea after my 38 week appointment in hopes to get my cervix prepared for labor. We were all laughing about the fact that she wanted out so badly 10 weeks ago and now she is snug as a bug and staying put.

I have also been trying to walk around as much as I can. I took Ds to the zoo this morning before the temperature got too hot and that was a great workout since there are a ton of hills. The rest of our walks this week will most likely be indoors though since it is so hot.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#3 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM

I had to page my midwife last night. I had some bright red spotting. I think I tore my vagina from scratching. I have been SO itchy due to discharge down there. It stopped last night. I did get to have an ultrasound today to ensure placenta and baby were fine, which they are! Cervix is fully closed. I was 36 weeks yesterday. I hope I give birth between 38 and 40. I don't want to be late
I also have a GBS swab and a swab for yeast infection tomorrow at my midwife appt. fun times! This is my last full week at work, next week I do two days and then I'm on mat leave for a year! woo hoo!
#4 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM

I have felt so lackadaisical lately (yes I used a $10 word ). I just want to lay around, sit around, etc. I do need to get out into the sunlight though. My feet are swollen though so a lot of walking around will not be helpful.
#5 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 PM

How is the weather where you ladies live? I hope not too hot!
We have had mild cool weather here, so it is perfect!

On Wednesday I am getting the last thing I need for the baby - a yummy custom summer ring sling!! Can't wait!! Wearing a tiny newborn is the best thing in the world!

I had my last appointment until the due date today.
Everything was normal, but then after she left I begin getting puffy and having this bad pain under my right breast... BP has been ok for the most part and no protein. I think I will call her if I get a couple of high BP numbers again.

How much weight is considered "sudden weight gain" by the way?
#6 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quindin View Post
Way hot here. Around 100F every day. It is kind of scary taking a newborn to the park (we go in the morning, when it is a bit cooler, and we only go to really, really shady parks), but my 2 year old can't stay inside every day.

Both of my kiddos are napping right now. My 2.5 year old mostly quit napping about a week after the baby was born. I should be napping myself, but I have a ton of stuff I want to somehow get done with the free hour and half or so. Right.

Just starting my second week of being on my own with 2 during the day. Man, just having one newborn and no other kids seems like such a luxury. All they do is sleep! But I guess a lot of the adjustment/mindset was just adjusting to being a parent/loss of former life, etc. Since I already did that, this little baby stuff seems pretty simple. I am finding that I am wishing for breaks from my toddler, though. I am finding lots of inspiration from mamas of many. It must be pretty hard for a first child to get a sibling, though.

Hope you guys are all great. Babies are coming! Try to find the last bits of pregnancy to enjoy. I know that the end is hard, but there is something wonderful about having your baby still safe inside you, and you will never experience it again (with this baby).

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#7 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm just north of Salt Lake City and it is sunny mid-70s today : perfect!

it's been raining for 3 weeks straight.. the sunshine is soooo nice! It is normally upper 80s-90s this time of year.

#8 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 04:41 PM

It's HOT here!! I went to the park/wading pool today for our AP playgroup and realized that I should probably get some sort of hot weather/waterproof type sling for when baby comes, because I *know* that DD is NOT going to want to just stay inside! I sort of hope it cools off some... it's WAY too hot to be outside with a newborn for too long but my 2 y.o. just loves being outside. Hmmmm.

I'm 36 weeks, just ordered my birth supplies kit today so it should be here sometime next week! Now I just need to get all my supplies together and do some last minute stuff. It SEEMS like I have a lot left to do, but really there isn't THAT much left, I am just a freakishly over organizing/planning weirdo. I don't think the baby will care if the guest bedroom/upstairs isn't clean when he makes his arrival, but I will HAHA.

My husband is out of town ALL week so I am alone with my 2 y.o. and finding it really exhausting... and it's only MONDAY. Yikes. He'll be back Saturday evening.
#9 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post
It's HOT here!! I went to the park/wading pool today for our AP playgroup and realized that I should probably get some sort of hot weather/waterproof type sling for when baby comes, because I *know* that DD is NOT going to want to just stay inside! I sort of hope it cools off some... it's WAY too hot to be outside with a newborn for too long but my 2 y.o. just loves being outside. Hmmmm.

I'm 36 weeks, just ordered my birth supplies kit today so it should be here sometime next week! Now I just need to get all my supplies together and do some last minute stuff. It SEEMS like I have a lot left to do, but really there isn't THAT much left, I am just a freakishly over organizing/planning weirdo. I don't think the baby will care if the guest bedroom/upstairs isn't clean when he makes his arrival, but I will HAHA.

My husband is out of town ALL week so I am alone with my 2 y.o. and finding it really exhausting... and it's only MONDAY. Yikes. He'll be back Saturday evening.
there is a water proof sling.. i don't remember where i've seen it though..

on your dh being out of town... I do it every week with my 2yo.. it's hard!!

#10 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 04:54 PM

I have a Hotsling Pool pouch which is not great for water, it is also made
of solarveil. I had my baby in there when he was too little for sun creams and his skin was perfectly protected!
#11 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:02 PM

It's about 80-something degrees here according to my thermostat. The other day it was about 100 degrees.
#12 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM

It has been raining nonstop here! I actually want some sun and heat-- I am a summer baby myself and I love summer! I've been housebound with the dogs in this weather, looking forward to getting out some more. Tomorrow is my GBS swab with the midwife...and the week after that is my home visit, can't wait! Soooooo close now, I feel like I could have the baby at any minute, but I have 3 weeks til' my actual date...and knowing me, I'll be late

Flo, SAHM to a fearless, crazy, off-the-wall DD (7/22/09) and Power Yoga Instructor the rest of the time   Expecting #2 in July 2012

#13 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloMomma View Post
It has been raining nonstop here! I actually want some sun and heat-- I am a summer baby myself and I love summer! I've been housebound with the dogs in this weather, looking forward to getting out some more.
me too! plus, I have some super cute summer maternity clothes, and have barely gotten a chance to wear them,.. my long sleeve shirts barely cover my belly anymore!

And, being stuck inside with a 2yo with all the rain is hard too!

#14 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:14 PM

It has been 100° + here lately. The weather forecast for the next 10 days is all 100, 101 and 102. Thank god for a/c. I have all of the curtains open so I am getting some sun, but even going out to water the plants was pretty miserable. My goal for within the next 5 years is to get DH to want to move somewhere where it's really nice and not cold, but not so damn hot all the time! It's going to be like this until like, October.

Today has been my first real productive day so far, even though I went to sleep at 6:30am and woke up at noon I have managed to wash all of the dishes, clean the tub again (running one cycle the other day wasn't enough for me!), organize the bathroom shelves. Next up I am going to wash the bathroom floor, sweep and mop the living room floor and try to figure out where these sugar ants are coming from, dusting, and starting to move our bed stuff into the baby's room. My goal is to dust, sweep, and mop every room today. DH cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom yesterday while I was sleeping all day, so that was awesome of him! Maybe I am in official "nesting" mode! Seems that way, I haven't done this much stuff in months.

39 week appointment on Wednesday. I was hoping I wouldn't make it, but oh well, it's looking like I'm gonna! We'll schedule the 40 week appointment and then I will cross my fingers for the next 7 days that I don't have to go. It seems like two weeks ago the baby wanted out, and now it's just nothing.
I'm still drinking RRL tea twice a day, and taking EPO, so hopefully that will make a difference during labor!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#15 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post
My goal for within the next 5 years is to get DH to want to move somewhere where it's really nice and not cold, but not so damn hot all the time! It's going to be like this until like, October.
Hawaii has perfect weather year round... now if only it weren't in the middle of the ocean.

---

I am also drinking 3+ cups RRL and taking EPO orally, but will start taking internally tonight or tomorrow.

I decided I would try to feel what is going on with my cervix, and I am super soft, and probably dilated to a one or so.. but I am not a pro at telling these things at all.. just a guess.

#16 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM

Weather - It has been so beautiful 83-85ish for the last 2 weeks! But today starts the summer climb! Today's high is 93 and it's supposed to hit 100 by Friday!

I have 2 days of work left! I am sending off my State Disability papers today. I would be pretty happy if baby came this weekend!

I got squeezed in on Friday with the new midwife! She is just wonderful and we have go to the waterbirth orientation on Wednesday!

For those of you taking EPO, how much are you taking how often? Orally or not?

Now... off to take a nap!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#17 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:40 PM

I am right on the coast so it typically doesn't get above 65-70 all summer long. It often is overcast until late day due to the ocean. If we want sun we just have to go inland about 10 miles and then it is warmer and sunnier. There are lots of rivers to hang out on around here. I could go for warmer weather though.

I will be 39 weeks on Wednesday. Today i went to the chiropractor/cranial sacral therapist and needed a lot of adjustment. I had a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes and my neck and upper chest were really out. We did some work on the baby and tried to get her to shift downwards more. she seems pretty comfy though. She is waiting on me. I have court next tuesday and i have some paperwork to file in court this week. With all of the court dates and responses i need to do i do feel like i am holding the baby in so i can complete it. I think i need to postpone all the court stuff so i can relax and bring this babe into the world. The baby also is wanting some sort of a blessing from her dad. He will have no contact with me so i am goign to have to do some meditation work to accomplish this. My cranial therapist is very intuitive.
#18 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 PM

Hi everyone! It's nice and cool here I think about 60-ish and it's been overcast for a week or so. I much prefer this weather to the heat!! DD1 was born in Phoenix and July--it was 118* for the whole week my mom was here visiting.

CPST & mom

#19 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post
I have been taking 2 caplets daily orally. I have ones that are 1300mg each.

As for Hawaii. I would LOVE to live there. It's beautiful! But expensive, and DH might have a hard time finding a job I love Portland, OR, and California. I know Portland doesn't have the best weather, but they have some stuff that I think outweighs the weather! We'll see what happens. I got 5 years to do the convincing!

I have been having some extra discharge today it seems. It's fairly watery, and it's not pee. I just went to the bathroom and I seem to have lost a bunch more of the wonderful regenerating mucous plug. Hmm, maybe dtd got something started?? It still might be a while, but exciting!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

#20 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:52 PM

Howdy!
It's hot here, but I manage to either stay inside or get to some water outside, so we're managing ok. 37 weeks today, and my midwife thinks I am going to go into labor THIS WEEK! I would be cool with that, though.
I had lost 2 lbs. at my appt. this morning, and there is less movement of the baby. Plus, I am getting all kinds of twinges and aches.
No mucous plug lost, though...I guess it doesn't always happen, right?
Anyway, totally nesting, too, fueled by the thought that people will be in my house and I will be in bed, and not able to clean or atleast make excuses...

mama to Journey (1/07) Sequoia (1/07) and Camellia (7/09)
#21 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 05:56 PM

It had been raining here most of last week and now, after huge storms on Friday and then last night, it is HOT and HUMID!!!! I love the heat, hate the humidity. But at least I can wear some of my tank tops and shorts instead of pants that don't fit and long sleeved shirts that ride up my belly!

36 weeks today! : I can't believe it! We are going to have so many babies here soon. So excited. Atruck, I can't believe your little one is already what - 3 weeks old?! Wow.

I was saying to Dh how different it will be with the 2nd baby. I am really looking forward to taking her out and about, maybe do some traveling... I was so nervous to bring Ds anywhere when he was born and now I realize how silly that was. It is soooooo much easier to get around with a newborn! I think we will have a great summer.

Oh, I had a pedicure today! I was wonderful! That poor lady spent a very long time cutting all the callouses off my feet and buffing the heck out of them. I always walk around outside without shoes and my feet get so rough. But they are smooth now!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#22 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 06:14 PM

Ugh, heat! It has been unusually cool all month with even more unusual thunderstorms, which I have actually really enjoyed. I'm 15 degrees hotter than everyone around me, so the rain has been nice. Alas, it is supposed to get up to the low to mid 90's by the end of the week, so there goes my comfort.

I'm starting to feel so big and achy. It hurts to stand up, it hurts to walk, and my feet have suddenly become my enemy. They seemed to kill me no matter how little I'm on them and regardless of what shoes I wear. The joys of late pregnancy!

My midwife and her apprentice are doing our home visit on Wednesday. I get the birth kit then, too. Things are starting to come down to it! Only 8 more days left of June, ladies! Then we are at our "birth month". Ahhhh!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#23 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post
Today has been my first real productive day so far, even though I went to sleep at 6:30am and woke up at noon I have managed to wash all of the dishes, clean the tub again (running one cycle the other day wasn't enough for me!), organize the bathroom shelves. Next up I am going to wash the bathroom floor, sweep and mop the living room floor and try to figure out where these sugar ants are coming from, dusting, and starting to move our bed stuff into the baby's room. My goal is to dust, sweep, and mop every room today. DH cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom yesterday while I was sleeping all day, so that was awesome of him! Maybe I am in official "nesting" mode! Seems that way, I haven't done this much stuff in months.
Ok, this inspired me to vacuum my bedroom floor. Unfortunately vacuuming made my lower back very achy ) but at least I was productive .
#24 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Ugh, my attorney just got a bunch of papers from my ex's attorney and i'm supposed to read them and make a response. I don't want to. He lies and says he never abused me and that i have been allowing him to come and see our kids without supervision which is what was ordered two years ago. I don't want to see his lies and crap. I know it will further stress me and stop this babe from coming out. But my hearing is next week and if i want a good case i have to file a response. I'm sad i'm dealing with this now. It sucks. I should be happily preparing for a baby. Anyhow i have to go to court tomorrow and take care of more restraining order stuff and i guess i should go read those papers and prepare a response.

For EPO i take 6 capsules a day at 1000mg each. For internal i poke a hole in the capsule and rub it on my cervix.
#25 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Mostly rainy and cool. I could do without the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATruck View Post
I know that the end is hard, but there is something wonderful about having your baby still safe inside you, and you will never experience it again (with this baby).
I was starting to feel sad about this, this morning. Then I saw pictures of newborn (and older) babies, and my friend was telling me about her adorable 17 month old -- he was smelling and kissing the flowers in his book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I'm sad i'm dealing with this now. It sucks. I should be happily preparing for a baby. Anyhow i have to go to court tomorrow and take care of more restraining order stuff and i guess i should go read those papers and prepare a response.
I have nothing nice to say about your ex, but you're in my thoughts.

I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow -- I'll be able to go to the hospital I want, rather than the one with the NICU an hour away. Today I went to Target and bought a whole lot of baby stuff. I've been trying to organize it tonight, but I started getting dizzy and decided it was time to stop. The people around me are still driving me insane, but that's nothing new. As far as materials and supplies go, I think I'm ready. Emotionally, I'm not sure. I have moments where I feel ready, but then I change my mind. Physically, I'm done. Tired of the aches and heartburn and blaaah.

- Born 7/21/09
#26 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post
I am taking 2 capsules (1000mg each) orally in the morning and 4 capsules vaginally at bedtime. I just started taking this much at 38 weeks though.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#27 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I haven't been taking enough EPO! My pills are 500mg each. I have been taking 2/day, but I will up it to 4/day and vag at night.

#28 of 99 Old 06-22-2009, 11:45 PM

I can't believe we're all so close! As much as I try to restrain my thinking, I keep believing that this LO is going to come early. I can hope, right? I'm 38w2d today, so anytime would be fine with me! DD was induced at 6 days past my EDD, so I have no reason to think this LO will be any different, but oh well

I see the chiro again tomorrow for my final adjustment/Webster technique...I'm hoping LO decides to stay head-down this time! Heck, even breech would be fine with me...just not transverse anymore!

I've been having a lot more BH contractions lately so hopefully that means my body is preparing for a quick and easy delivery (haha ). I am sitting on the birth ball now, hoping my LO gets into position...we'll see soon!

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#29 of 99 Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Well I have given up all hope of this baby coming early lol...I'll be pregnant forever (I'm due July 6th--think it will be another week after that).

EPO- I'm taking 2 pills 2-3 times a day, mostly orally, but, sometimes vaginally at night if I'm not too lazy lol...I'm on my THIRD bottle starting today! I really hopes this makes for a faster and easier labor.

I live a bit west of the Washington DC area (MD), it has been very rainy here, but, luckily that has kept the temps a little lower--70s and 80s (it was actually hotter in the beginning of June!) Strawberries have been growing great and it is almost blueberry time! I didn't get my own garden together, so, I've been spending WAY too much money at he farmers market!
#30 of 99 Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

39 weeks today!! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page