Is it okay to feel this tired? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
37 weeks today and I feel like I've been hit by semi. Is it normal is feel this dang tired? It's noon and I just want to go back to bed. My entire body feels tired, like I've run a marathon. I've only been up since 8! Should I really feel this tired? Then I feel guilty that I am this tired. I feel guilty and lazy! Please tell me this is completely normal and I'm not a big lazy bum.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#2 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 PM

Have you had your iron checked recently? Low levels can cause all the sleepyness. Floradix is supposed to be great at helping with that. I'm a few days past 37 weeks, too, and it definitely seems like it is getting harder. A little exercise helps too, if you can manage it. A short walk can help boost energy levels.

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#3 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM

Yes, it is absolutely normal!!
Think about it: you have a little human inside you who is probably 6-7 lbs right now + all the weight, the placenta... And your body needs to work overtime to get everything working as it should. You are supposed to feel like you have been hit by a semi.

My iron levels are always good, and I am always utterly exhausted the last few weeks.
#4 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM

I have been feeling pretty tired the last couple of weeks too. I have actually been taking occasional naps lately which I never do. It's pretty normal at this point in your pregnancy.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#5 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldmanBaby09 View Post
Have you had your iron checked recently? Low levels can cause all the sleepyness. Floradix is supposed to be great at helping with that. I'm a few days past 37 weeks, too, and it definitely seems like it is getting harder. A little exercise helps too, if you can manage it. A short walk can help boost energy levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quindin View Post
Yes, it is absolutely normal!!
Think about it: you have a little human inside you who is probably 6-7 lbs right now + all the weight, the placenta... And your body needs to work overtime to get everything working as it should. You are supposed to feel like you have been hit by a semi.

My iron levels are always good, and I am always utterly exhausted the last few weeks.
My iron levels have been good, but they have not been checked super recently. However, I haven't felt this tired until.. well, today. It's like I woke up with the energy sucked out of me. I have a OB appointment tomorrow, so I'll definitely mention that I'm suddenly more tired than usual.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#6 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM

I am also 37 weeks and also just got hit by the super-tireds. I change a diaper and I have to sit down. Yesterday at dinner I swear I was too tired to chew. I think my body and baby are just gearing up for birth and using up all my extra energy!

Parenting four little monkeys (11, 8, 6, and 4) with the love of my life. Making it up as I go.
#7 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM

I just had my iron checked and it's fine, and I feel that tired too. It doesn't help that I have to get up every 2-3 hours to pee at night so my sleep is interrupted. Or that I have to chase a 5 & 2 yo around all day and keep them semi-happy for at least part of the time. feed them and such

I've been sort of forcing myself to go for a long walk a couple times a week and while it doesn't help the pain in my pelvis, it does give me a little burst of energy. You know, enough so I can get home and get to the couch. Did I mention I'm ready?

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#8 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM

I'm feeling the same way today. I have NO motivation to do anything. There's so much to do though. My poor kids are watching way too much tv this week.

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#9 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm almost 36 wks and already feel this way. Met up my moms group at the park today and brought my own chair, b/c I just can't stand around for hours at a time anymore...
#10 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 PM

I never thought I would say this, but I actually wish DS was into watching a little TV - that's how tired I am! He has no interest in any kind of TV or videos (which, I know, is a wonderful thing) but Mommy just can't keep up anymore! I called DH at work today and said that its time for some help... I have a college girl who can come over just about any day during the week and help out so I think I am going to start taking advantage of that.

I wake up tired, it just gets worse as the day goes on, and then I can't sleep at night even though I am so exhausted that I am about to cry : So lots of mama, I know how you feel!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#11 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 PM

I am walking around in a semi-zombie state these days, I'm sooooo tired. I have GD, so I'm not allowed to go more than 10 hours at night between my bedtime snack and my breakfast. Considering I need to wake up about half an hour before eating to check ketones, check fasting blood sugar, and cook breakfast, that doesn't leave me much time to sleep. There's no going to bed early or sleeping in for me, period. As a result, I am pretty much exhausted all the time.

Now I'm off to take a 1-hour nap before I have to wake up and eat my afternoon snack. GD sucks.
#12 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
37 weeks today and I feel like I've been hit by semi. Is it normal is feel this dang tired? It's noon and I just want to go back to bed. My entire body feels tired, like I've run a marathon. I've only been up since 8! Should I really feel this tired? Then I feel guilty that I am this tired. I feel guilty and lazy! Please tell me this is completely normal and I'm not a big lazy bum.
Popping in from June...

I've been like this my whole pregnancy. I think varying levels of fatigue are just one of those pregnancy things. For me, it's usually been a first trimester thing, but it just never went away this time.

I also find that, towards the end, any fatigue I'm experiencing is exacerbated by a tendency to be very reflective and inward focused. I don't feel up to interacting with anything outside, be that the children, care providers, housework, whatever. I just want to sit back and let the world float by. Combined with the fatigue, it makes me awfully unproductive...and grumpy.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#13 of 13 Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Me too! Sometimes I feel like I can't even lift my arms. But...I have definitely noticed that on the days when I eat right (keeping my blood sugar in check for GD) and take my vitamins, I feel significantly more energetic. I hardly know what to do with my afternoons when I don't take my nap. So, try to make sure you are eating right with lots of protein and low carbs and an am and afternoon snack. Hang in there...soon we'll be holding our sweet babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page