#61 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedEarthMother View Post
Go to http://www.spinningbabies.com

It has step by step techniques for optimal fetal positioning. Good LUck
Thanks! I looked at spinning babies and have been doing the suggestions form the website... my biggest problem is when I lean over or down my heartburn is soooooo bad!!

I woke up this morning with him moved over to the left : so let's hope he will stay there!!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#62 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Just found out this morning this LO is posterior too. I thought movements felt different the last number of days. So I am going to check out the link too. Although the midwife said it would slow things down, which doesn't sound that bad to me. I really don't want another 45 min labor.
#63 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Thanks! I looked at spinning babies and have been doing the suggestions form the website... my biggest problem is when I lean over or down my heartburn is soooooo bad!!

I woke up this morning with him moved over to the left : so let's hope he will stay there!!
This has been my one of my problems with following the spinning babies suggestions for sleeping positions. I've been woken up by reflux on more than one occasion. Then if I sleep on my side my pelvis ends up so stiff and sore.
#64 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamergrrl View Post
This has been my one of my problems with following the spinning babies suggestions for sleeping positions. I've been woken up by reflux on more than one occasion. Then if I sleep on my side my pelvis ends up so stiff and sore.
I miss sleeping on my belly

I am going to take full advantage of it as soon as possible after this baby is born (until my milk comes in.. which is not comfortable again- having engorged breasts to lay on).

#65 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 01:19 PM

I miss sleeping on my belly too. Lots of nights I wake up leaned on a pillow as close to on my tummy as I can get and it is sooo uncomfortable!
#66 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 03:19 PM

I miss sleeping flat on my back. I still wake up as close to on my back as my gigantic pillow will allow but its just not the same.

Just had my 37w appt and I let her check my cervix- the babe has indeed dropped to -1ish station and I am 50% effaced, cervix closed.

I love it- my OB just got a call from the hospital head nurse about me consuming my placenta (I asked to chew on a piece there if I am bleeding a lot) and my OB told them to let us do as we chose! They are instructed to hand over the placenta and not bother us about what we do with it. Yay! I don't know that I'll even munch raw placenta, but it is comforting to know that she backs our decisions. Now the hospital visit next week will be interesting as we've been dubbed the "placenta people"

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#67 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM

That's awesome, penstamon!

Our local hospital just had their first 'lotus birth'....behind the scenes, I heard the nurses were talking about those 'crazy people' who didn't cut the cord. But, they were nice and respectful to the clients. That's all that matters to me!

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#68 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM

I respect lotus birth, but i wouldn't personally choose it. My acupuncturist will be making a chinese herbal blend mixed with my placenta for medicine.

I am heading to the accupuncturist today. Hopefully it will get things going!
#69 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 PM

ugh- had 37w MW appointment this a.m. Totally got lectured. :P Apparently I look as tired as I feel. She told me that I had better start MAKING time for a nap, even if that means sneding dd off to a friends fo ran hour - or I am going to be a train wreck for birth time and a perfect recipe for PPD. (I'm already at risk since I had undiagnosed PPD with dd that didnt get treatment til this past summer.)
SO! I cloed dd and i in her room and told her that I was taking a nap, and she needed to either join me or be super quiet. She joined me and is still sleeping (she needs it too-- she was super sick this weekend.)

I was also told I better get moving getting my todo list done, as that can affect the bodies' labor prep if it there is stuff that is nagging at you to be done- makes sense. "no, baby, you can't come yet, I have X, Y and Z to do before you get here!"

sigh!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#70 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM

I had a dream last night that I was at some store trying on clothes and I looked down and had my bloody show leaking out... I woke up a bit disappointed when I only needed to pee and no bloody show
My time will come... someday...

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#71 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm in a much better mood than yesterday. My dr appt just irked me, i guess. I went for a walk at the mall last night (for the a/c and the bathrooms) and took ds on a nature walk this morning too, before it got too warm. Nice thought, the "before it got too warm" part. It's not even 80 out yet, 2 hours later, and it was still too warm! I was a sweaty mess when we were done, but it felt good! C'mom baby, get headin' in the right direction!

My house needs a total cleaning. I have been trying to to a little at a time, but by the time I get one thing cleaned, something else is messed up. I got the bathroom yesterday. Today I hope to find the kitchen table (everything gets tossed on it) and vacuum.

Hope you all are having a good day!

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
#72 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
I love it- my OB just got a call from the hospital head nurse about me consuming my placenta (I asked to chew on a piece there if I am bleeding a lot) and my OB told them to let us do as we chose! They are instructed to hand over the placenta and not bother us about what we do with it. Yay! I don't know that I'll even munch raw placenta, but it is comforting to know that she backs our decisions. Now the hospital visit next week will be interesting as we've been dubbed the "placenta people"
When I had DS1 I planned on keeping the placenta, but ended up tranfering to the hossy.. when I asked them if I could have it they rushed it out of the room and didn't even let me see it

#73 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=penstamon;14025826]Just had my 37w appt and I let her check my cervix- the babe has indeed dropped to -1ish station and I am 50% effaced, cervix closed.[QUOTE]

I had my 38w appt yesterday and those were my same stats. At least things are getting squishy!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#74 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Woohoo contractions!!! Yay!!! I've been having them off and on all day and they are getting more painful I know, I know, this doesn't *necessarily* mean anything...but it could! I've also had diarrhea and lots of mucus (been having mucus since Monday so that's nothing new, though). Maybe this baby has decided he or she is going to be on time or even *gasp* early! I'm due Saturday but I could handle having a baby tonight or tomorrow

DD's labor was only 5 hours from the first contraction, but I was induced, so it's been totally different this time around. I am hoping for another quick one once things actually get going

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
#75 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
I miss sleeping flat on my back. I still wake up as close to on my back as my gigantic pillow will allow but its just not the same.

Just had my 37w appt and I let her check my cervix- the babe has indeed dropped to -1ish station and I am 50% effaced, cervix closed.

That is awesome! The hospital I worked at would never, ever let anyone keep their placenta. (a very clear example of why I did not last in the hospital environment!) I know I am going to consume mine but haven't decided which method yet...

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#76 of 124 Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Yay go Sarah! I hope this is it!!!

I'm going to whine for a moment. I'm so ready to be done I was not this miserable until 41 weeks with DD2, and with DD1 I felt great right up until the end. I hurt so bad and I'm just ready to get this kid out! I never thought I would say that at 39 weeks, but I'm ready for that castor oil . I leaked a bunch more fluid last night and was hoping that was it, but only had 2 big strong contractions that just made more fluid leak out and then that was it. *sigh*

CPST & mom

#77 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:12 AM

Nausea, nausea, nausea!
Hard to find anything to eat that does not make me want to gag just thinking about it.

And obviously, the toilet trips...
I know my body needs cleansing before labor kicks in, but must it start doing that so long beforehand?

How big is this baby anyway?
I feel body parts all over - and my belly is huge.
I hope that at least the head is not so big...
#78 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 AM

I am going to have my mw strip my membranes this afternoon.. so I should have a baby really soon (I hope!!).. DH and I will be spending the afternoon close to the FSBC just in case.

:

#79 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Crossing my fingers for a successful sweep!

I am having mine on Tuesday (hoping I won't need it)
#80 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

I think I've been having contractions for a few days. Not enough to amount to anything, but enough to be annoying. Boyfriend doesn't want to be in the hospital over the holiday -- but where this is our child, I don't expect the kiddo to start listening to us now.

- Born 7/21/09
#81 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM

I'm 38.4 weeks. Last night I was having some strong contx, about every 10-12 min.....but, I was actually glad they fizzled out, because I was exhausted and really needed to sleep last night! I did my final belly cast last night, too, so baby can officially come now. I'm just glad to have gotten 8 hours of sleep last night.

It'll be fun to see who has some 4th of July babies! I'm feeling ready for this baby to come now, though dh really wants baby to wait until AFTER the 5th, since he is an apartment manager, and this is his busy week (rent week!!). But, baby will come when baby is ready, as my 5 year old keeps saying.

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
#82 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 PM

My parents got here yesterday and I got to take a nap this morning!! :
It was wonderful. Now my mom and I are going shopping for DD1's b-day presents. Her birthday is tomorrow, we will see if I have another 4th of July baby. Its a great day to have a birthday!
#83 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reha View Post

It'll be fun to see who has some 4th of July babies!
I hope I'm one of them!

#84 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 PM

me too!!!! I keep telling the baby how great it is out here, and how much he/she wants to come out!!
Hoping for the power of persuasion to work it's magic. haha.

mama to Journey (1/07) Sequoia (1/07) and Camellia (7/09)
#85 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM

GL and happy labor vibes to those who are ready to go!

I am a little overwhelmed that all these mamas who have been chatting for the past 9 months are just popping out babies one by one. I am in shock and disbelief that I will be one of them, although folding cutie diapers and blankets has taken me all morning because I just want to look at each one for an hour!

Just finished making another pouch sling and I'm off to start a ring sling and hopefully get some cleaning done...

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#86 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 PM

I had my membranes swept on Wednesday and nothing happened. Not even any crampiness, no bloody show. I was 3 cm when she did it and the baby was very low. Still here with nothing! I just got back from the accupuncturist who stimulated my labor points. Every time i have ever gotten my membranes swept i have never gone into labor with it and i have had it done multiple times with certain pregnancies.
#87 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I had my membranes swept on Wednesday and nothing happened. Not even any crampiness, no bloody show. I was 3 cm when she did it and the baby was very low. Still here with nothing! I just got back from the accupuncturist who stimulated my labor points. Every time i have ever gotten my membranes swept i have never gone into labor with it and i have had it done multiple times with certain pregnancies.
I hope this isn't the case for me.. when my mw checked me on Monday I had some mucusy bloody show, and that was just from a check.. so I hope it works!!

#88 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 05:58 PM

Good luck! My body doesn't seem fazed by induction methods no matter how dialated i am.
#89 of 124 Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Im about to go down to work on a ring sling, too. I'm hoping for a 4th baby (cmon kid! declare your independance from inside my body!) but doubt it, unless I am one that spontaneously things happen.... (donno, was induced w/ #1)
I think I would be happy to make it through the weekend and get some more stuff done and THEN he can come I'm obsessing over the 07-08-09 birth day idea but again, I went over with dd (barely... grrr...2 days over and was induced) so it is totally possible that I have like 3 weeks to go. sigh.

On a funy note- I tried to give myself a pedi tonight- got the toesies trimmed, unpainted, filed a little, did a salt scrub... and cant bring myself to pretzel up and paint them LOL

OK enough procrastination! time to go sew!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#90 of 124 Old 07-04-2009, 02:45 AM

I've been having contrax for hours now.. but baby isn't ready to come yet.. SOON though!

Apparently, there was a fire in the building of the birth center, so it is GOOD that I did not go into active labor.. he is a psychic child.. he totally knew that it was just not time.

I am home now, going to try to get some sleep, and eat a little.. if I don't go into labor in the middle of the night, we're going back to the BC tomorrow morning sometime.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page