Ripped in two - what can I do to feel better? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since yesterday evening I have had this new pain in addition to the rest.
I have had pelvic girdle pain since month 7, so that's not it.
It is like I am being ripped in half in the inside.
More than just feeling like a "bowling ball between my legs" which I have felt for weeks, it literally feels like the same splitting in two pain you get when the baby is half way out. And that's NOT the case because when you have given birth many times before, the head does not engage until the last minute - or am I mistaken?

I need to do something to ease this pain because every time I stand up I need to hold back tears. Yes, baby will be here soon (40 wk + 1 day today) but until then I need to be able to walk to the bathroom or go feed the kids without crying.

What can I do for this?
#2 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 03:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Chiropractor?

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 AM

Nanny?

Just kidding. I couldn't resist sorry! And I have no real suggestions except to give birth!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#4 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM

Find a D.O. that does osteopathic manipulative therapy or a chiropractor.

I have the same thing. I can't walk without doing the home exercises I was shown how to do. It's worth it.

Best wishes.
#5 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 AM

I don't know what to do, but the bit about being engaged or not engaged - while people who have already had babies may tend not to engage until labor, that doesn't mean it always happens that way - if you have the bowling ball between the legs, that pretty much sounds like engagement to me!!

This is the first pregnancy I don't seem to be really engaged, though the head was down to -3 (an improvement LOL) last week. Usually, I have the bowling ball feeling but I'm not this time.

I'm with you on the splitting in two - I don't know what I did yesterday, I think I merely bent down to get something - but suddenly I couldn't walk because someone had sawed my pubic bone in half. I tried all different positions to try to reverse it, but it lasted all day - couldn't walk. This morning it feels better though. It's as if my pelvis is trying to pull apart (per usual for me in pregnancy) but then eventually ends up snapping back together again, which I find strange (as much as it does alleviate the enormous discomfort).

I think there's only one cure
#6 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM

I had that same kind of pain before I went to the Chiro. It really helped ease those round ligament pains that I was having down low. She even massaged them regularly.

Good luck!

Angie
baby Ephram born 7/4/09

Angie - mom to Allie 12/01, Ephram 07/09  and Asher 3/1/11
#7 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM

Oh, how awful!
Are you doing anything to stimulate labor? It sounds like you just need to have the baby! Does sitting on a yoga ball help at all? Maybe sitting on a hot water bottle?
It is sooo hard when you have to take care of other people when you are in pain.
#8 of 8 Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Besides the natural stuff such as sex and walking, I am not planning on doing anything to induce labor besides the sweep tomorrow.

Yes, chiros are awesome for SPD.
I saw one with baby 4 and all the pain went away.
I have been having SPD this pregnancy, but this new pain is different. Incredible pain and pressure inside.

I am now pretty sure it is the baby's head that descended last night. Crazy I know, because it does not happen for multiparas until actual labor, but no other explanation makes sense. I have also noticed that today the baby cannot reach my ribs when kicking anymore and I can no longer see my belly button. So there has been a move downards. Oh, and sorry about the TMI, but another fun side effect is that I have needed to sit kn the toilet all day
- some serious cleansing going on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page