Anyone else hoping full moon will work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I'm just tormenting myself, but I'm really hoping that the full moon tomorrow will send me into labor. I'm due on Wednesday, dilated to a 3, 90% effaced, baby at 0 station. I've been having lots of cramping and braxton hicks, but no "real" contractions. Anyone else hoping the full moon will trigger something?
#2 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 02:16 PM

my midwife said they see lots of births in the days after the full moon, but not on it. i have always thought my babe would be born on the 7th (i was due on the 4th) and coincidentally the 7th is a full moon. i am hoping!!

joyful mama to DS 2-05, open adoption birthmama to DD 5-07: and DS 6-98, and my littlest one 7-09. crazy in love with DH!
#3 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 PM

I'd love a 7/08/09 baby, but I don't think that I will hold my breath. You never know, though. Lots of things in nature are effected by the moon and the tides!

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
#4 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM

I'm hoping so! I had a very active babe last night and lots of contractions, but here I am today... still pregnant. I'm making sure everything's ready to go, just in case! And I'm due tomorrow, so it'd be great!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#5 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:03 PM

I had ds 2 the day after the full moon so I was thinking it might be.
I'm starting to get annoyed by the count down...like really full blown irritated.
I think I'll stay in my house until after the baby's born Just sick of talking to people about it, thinking about it, etc...
Let's hope all of us who are due around now have great births in the next few days!
My due date is Saturday and both my other children were early.
#6 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 PM

I'm hoping but not expecting. I'm just READY! I want to be surprised and go a bit early. I don't think it'll happen though. Good luck to all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldmanBaby09 View Post
I'd love a 7/08/09 baby, but I don't think that I will hold my breath. You never know, though. Lots of things in nature are effected by the moon and the tides!
That would be neat!

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#7 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:17 PM

I was due yesterday.
Now all I care about is the baby being born, full moon or not.

Actually, if it is true that more women go on labor around the full moon, it would suck to give birth then. I don't feel like having to argue on the phone with the stupid NHS people to send me the midwives. They kept saying "We are too busy tonight, you will have to come into the hospital" last time : They did send someone eventually, but DH had to call 4 times and threaten to report the person.
#8 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Boy, I hope so! I am really trying not to think about when the babe will come, but I am feeling it will be in the next week sometime. I know that it could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, so I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and try not to stress about it!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#9 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 PM

I have been thinking about this full moon since I found out I was pregnant. That's a little too much pressure for this baby though. I think he's staying put for a while. My midwife says the baby won't come until you relax...like all the way full moon or not. Well who has time to relax with 2 kids running around making you nutty!?

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#10 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM

I'm really counting on the full moon effect this time too. I'm not technically due until the 25th, but my babies usually come by 39 wks. HOWEVER, my body is exhibiting signs that I am close (or else this may just be prolonged torture). I am ready for this baby, the house is clean, laundry is done, I put all my baby stuff together, I feel like I've officially, "nested" AND my ob is the one on call this wk, b/c the other one (who I don't like as much, he's more medically intrusive, my ob is more less medical) is on vacation.

So, I really, really want this baby to arrive this wk, b/c it would just work out well. The only thing that sucks is one of DH's co-workers is on vacation this wk and they are getting slammed. So, if I have the baby this wk, the other two co-workers left will be pretty PO'd that they've been dumped with a lot of work, unless my DH delays taking his leave to help them out. We'll see. Either mil or my mom has to come to watch my two older kids anyway, and as long as my DH is there for me during L&D, I'll be ok w/o him being around for a few days if his work really needs him, b/c I should have help with my other kids, which really is my main concern.
#11 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli's mama View Post
My midwife says the baby won't come until you relax...like all the way full moon or not. Well who has time to relax with 2 kids running around making you nutty!?
Lol, I feel the same exact way! I actually switched out my kids' playroom toys yesterday, so they can keep themselves more occupied, b/c they seriously stress me out when they are bored and start getting into trouble and are in my face. Also, got a bunch of dvds from the library and unfortunately they have been watching more tv than usual, BUT they are not old enough for me to let them play outside alone yet (and I am soo not digging the idea of sitting outside with them in the HOT weather, not being able to get anything accomplished inside the house) and it is somewhat helping with the whole concept of TRYING to relax. Maybe I will go into labor soon, the dog has been acting weird in the past 12 hrs and is getting on my nerves. Prior to that, she has been really sweet for almost this entire pregnancy, so maybe she knows something is up. She has had TWO accidents this morning, which is very unusual... and now she is avoiding me. But that might be, b/c I'm a grouch right now.
#12 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:49 PM

now wouldn't that be lovely? I'm just going to cross my fingers that I don't have to wait until the NEXT full moon. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#13 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post
Lol, I feel the same exact way! I actually switched out my kids' playroom toys yesterday, so they can keep themselves more occupied, b/c they seriously stress me out when they are bored and start getting into trouble and are in my face. Also, got a bunch of dvds from the library and unfortunately they have been watching more tv than usual, BUT they are not old enough for me to let them play outside alone yet (and I am soo not digging the idea of sitting outside with them in the HOT weather, not being able to get anything accomplished inside the house) and it is somewhat helping with the whole concept of TRYING to relax. Maybe I will go into labor soon, the dog has been acting weird in the past 12 hrs and is getting on my nerves. Prior to that, she has been really sweet for almost this entire pregnancy, so maybe she knows something is up. She has had TWO accidents this morning, which is very unusual... and now she is avoiding me. But that might be, b/c I'm a grouch right now.
OMG Mags! My dog had an accident at 3 am this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep after cleaning it up and yes, she is avoiding me too, but that's cuz i told her she better!!

But she has been acting funny in general, she follows me from room to room and lays in my way whatever I'm trying to do. Last night I was doing dishes and she put herself right in front of the sink, I was forced to stop...good dog. but pooping on the floor...bad dog!!! I need a nap.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#14 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM

I'm also hoping, but not counting on a 7-8-09 baby. (edd isnt till 7-20) That would be sooo cool! MY dogs are probably too old and dumb to realize anything, lol!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#15 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM

my female dog has been following me around very closely the last few days. I didn't put it together with pregnancy or labor until just now. How weird! The male dogs... they are the same. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#16 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 04:03 PM

We do day-month-year here, so I had not realized the 7-8-9 thing. That's cute.
#17 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM

Lol, I am cracking up that this thread has turned into a full moon and weird dog behavior thread.
#18 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 04:07 PM

I am, but not until next month! LOL I'm due July 30th and hoping that the full moon in August does some magic for me. (if I haven't delivered before then. And I doubt that will happen)
I'll only be 36 weeks 5 days tomorrow. Baby can't come yet because I need to be 37 weeks to get the "ok" at the birth center. A delayed reaction of 2-3 days would be fine though.

Leigh

#19 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM

That would be GREAT but I am not holding my breath. I'm not due until the 19th.
#20 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM

YES! Oh Gods yes I am hoping beyond hope that this is *the* moon.
I'm going to have to agree with pp's midwife who says that it's usually the days after the full moon and not actually the night of... I'm good with that! Tomorrow night sounds lovely!

Clinical Herbalist. Trained but never certified, licensed, or registered as a midwife.
07/10/09
#21 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 PM

the moon will be in capricorn and it is a lunar eclipse so i would love for that to be apart of my babe's astrological makeup! But either way i just want a baby in my arms right now!
#22 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM

I've been hopeful, but it's not feeling too likely.

- Born 7/21/09
#23 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
the moon will be in capricorn and it is a lunar eclipse so i would love for that to be apart of my babe's astrological makeup! But either way i just want a baby in my arms right now!
Oh my Goodness!! I'm a Cancer and DH is a Capricorn. I didn't realize the moon will be in Capricorn, too cool! I was also born ON the full moon IN the full moon. Of course I have a thing for 7's as well...my b-day is 7-1-77, DH is a '77. So this whole pregnancy I thought I would have a full moon baby on 7-7. So far I really don't have too much going on. I finally dropped Saturday, but I was only 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced last Thursday. Not looking to good for me

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#24 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 PM

Hopeful here too.

The dd is the 19th, but my last 2 were early. And I've been having prodromal labor for the last 3 days.

Our dog is too neurotic for me to read anything from his behavior--he always pees around the house. But our cats have been very interested in me.

Thinking about finding a pineapple tomorrow too.
#25 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 PM

What's the story with pineapple?

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#26 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 11:09 PM

Yep! Ive been holding out for today since I heard it on here a few weeks ago that a lot of babies come at full moon. Im due Sunday and having heaps of contractions. Im hoping it will start tonight . Dont care when I birth as long as labour starts!! I feel like it could happen but may be too good to be true. Im gonna spend lots of time outdoors under the moon. If it werent winter here Id camp out there if need be
#27 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 PM

I'm on my 3rd pineapple since Friday. Friday night I ate almost a whole one by myself. I brought on a bunch of braxton hicks, but not much more. Saturday night I couldn't eat that much again, but I had some. My ds and dh fiinished the rest. Tonight my dh sliced up the last one for me (they were on sale at Sams club for like 2.64!!!). They're just so sweet and juicy, I don't mind eating them this much.

But ah, that's a bit off topic.

Yes, I'm hoping that the moon has some effect! But, I'm not due until the 27th so I'm not holding my breath either.

I could have quoted many of you- I'm glad many of us are in the same boat!

I'm feel like i'm done nesting...everything is washed, put away, bought, or packed.

I've had a TON of BH lately...even more today, and they're stronger than they have been. I've had a couple today that I would even call painful. But, not regular, so I know it pretty much means nothing.

I just *feel* like I'm ready...mentally, emotionally, physically...we'll see if she agrees!

Married to my favorite man, homeschoolin' mama to a question-asking bug hunter (6) ; a twirling, shy, silly girl (4); a hurricane of boy energy (2), and expecting #4 in April 2014.
#28 of 33 Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 PM

I am hoping the full month gets things going for me too. I am due on the 8th so its a possibility. I am feeling pretty relaxed and more emotionally ready. But I agree with the pp, it is hard to relax with 2 other kiddos to take care of. I am finding it hard to even focus on this baby and birth, although since my parents got here last Thursday DH & I have had more time to talk about baby. I am so excited to meet this LO.
#29 of 33 Old 07-07-2009, 01:26 AM

After looking back, I went into labor on the full moon with DD and she was born 3 days later (I had a weird labor... only at nights). I'm due today, and maybe tomorrow I'll start my labor and the kiddo will be born on the 9th!! That'd be cool. I don't want it to be the 10th, b/c that's our anniversary.

I just realized I'm done too. The house is clean, diapers are washed, our nanny is back from vacation, and all of our friends are back in town. Now if only we had a baby....

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
#30 of 33 Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 AM

I'm hoping the full moon does it, but both of my girls were due within a day or two of a full moon, and they went well past it

CPST & mom

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page