EDD come and gone but NO baby - Anybody else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There were a handful of mamas due before or on the 5th who just had their babies :
I am wondering whether there are any others like myself who are oficially 40+ now.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited with all the babies being born!
Yet, I can't lie that I feel a bit blue and a pang of jealousy when I see some of the babies who were due weeks after mine are already here... don't hate me :

So, anybody else in the same boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was just thinking about you today! Hope Baby comes soon!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:20 PM

(read with whine) YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
WAAAAAAHHHHH!
40+5 now :

Clinical Herbalist. Trained but never certified, licensed, or registered as a midwife.
07/10/09
Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahstw View Post
(read with whine) YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
WAAAAAAHHHHH!
40+5 now :
:

I hope you go first!!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Well, I'm not past my due date, but I'm due on Saturday and my cervix is still closed, baby is barely dropping at all, and only 50% effaced. I was really hoping to see some progress, and I know it can go from zero to 60 fast, but it's still so discouraging.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlovs View Post
Well, I'm not past my due date, but I'm due on Saturday and my cervix is still closed, baby is barely dropping at all, and only 50% effaced. I was really hoping to see some progress, and I know it can go from zero to 60 fast, but it's still so discouraging.
This is me! I'm due on the 11th, too, and as of last Wednesday when I caved and had my mw check, I was the same. Except my babe is pretty low. The 25th would be 42 weeks, but I'm really hoping this baby comes out while the July dates are still in the teens.

Brittany- Wife to Eric : Mama to Asher : born 7/15/09
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Due tomorrow and my cervix is still closed

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 PM

I'm almost 41 weeks, i'm ready.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:11 PM

Me too!!!
My orig. due date (LMP) is June 29. Adjusted to July 3. So I'm either 41 wks or 40w 3 days...late either way and very ready. MW checked today and I'm 4 cm 90% effaced. Still doesn't mean much though. *sigh* Been having prodromal labor off and on for over 2 wks. Just wish active labor would kick in already!

They have to come out at some point. Right??? I keep reminding myself of that. Just wish something would inspire her to come soon!

Sending postivie labor vibes your way!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbride View Post
Due tomorrow and my cervix is still closed
That really does not mean anything.
I was 2cm at 32 weeks...
With my first and second, I was all closed until the last minute.
So don't despair on acount of that

EDITED TO ADD on July 7th: Well, either the doctor was wrong when she checked me at 32 weeks OR my cervix closed up since... Today it was 1 stupid cm and thick!! Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! So much about telling you not to despair. I am desperate myself now!!
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 AM

I am due today, and since it is so close to midnight I think it is safe to say that I will not be going into labor tonight. I did lose my plug today and although I know that can mean nothing, I am still hopeful. Quindin, I've been lurking around this DDC for close to two months now and I have been experiencing the prodromal BS for weeks right along with you. It had been so nice to hear you and others validate me! I think you are probably more miserable than I am so I hope you go soon!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 AM

I'm due today & although I have much of the day to get through, I am quite certain that the baby isn't making a grand exit today.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:22 AM

I was due on the 4th of July. I had an appointment yesterday and I am 2 1/2cm dialated and 90% effaced. My midwife stripped my membranes, so I have been cramping even more. I am going to be induced on Thursday if I still have not gone into labor (they don't induce on the weekends). I normally would not be up for being induced but I have a 2 vessel cord and am sick of worrying! So, I will have a baby by Thursday!

WAHM to Ava (7/09/09)
www.terragiftsonline.com
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 AM

I'm debating getting checked at my appointment on Thursday. Its uncomfortable, and hurts- and so far, I've had no progress any of the times.

I'm thinking I'll decline just because I don't want to get my hopes up.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM

My EDD was yesterday. I wasn't really hopeful. But today is another day. My mom is coming to watch the kiddos so I can rest. I told baby, tonight could be our night, if I get a nap in this afternoon I wouldn't mind being up all night. I don't think he/she is listening. I think I have been imagining cramps and such. But really, there has been nothing.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Yup, due date officially came & went yesterday. I am not too surprised, although after having preterm labor symptoms since 28 weeks & being told that I wouldn't make it to 40 weeks definitely requires a shift in thinking.

I am trying to keep myself busy at this point, but I really don't have much to do. Most everything is ready for the baby & the birth.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Me too! My EDD was yesterday (we are going with today since we were trying to use the latest possible date as the "official" date, since I can't go over 42 weeks here).

CPST & mom

Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 PM

My due date was June 28, so I am 41 weeks, 3 days now.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
Old 07-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Hi guys,
I was due July 3rd too! Wishing it would come now! Been having irregular contractions for 2 weeks. It is good to see others in the same boat.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM

41 weeks today. Not feeling much.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well, today I scheduled an induction for 41 weeks + 2 days, July 14.
Most of my babies were born before 41 weeks though, so I guess the odds are on my side...
(BTW, I am not pro-induction under normal corcumstances. DH having to go on a teaching trip for 2 weeks on te 19th is the reason why we scheduled the induction before week 42)

Anyway, just knowing that I WON'T be pregnant after Tuesday was like taking this gigantic weight off my shoulders! I no longer feel depressed, stressed out or overwhelmed. DH said it is so nice to see me smiling and happy again.

Maybe getting rid of the constant stress and pressure on myself, will actually help things moving along? A bit like how you make it harder on your body to get pregnant when you are walking around worrying about it all the time?

We will have to see... all I know is that there has been a lot of action contraction-wise since I got home today!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Well my EDD is today (both my other babes were born on their EDD), I have 25 min (on the east coast) to get labor started and get this baby out! The midwife I really like is on call at the Birth Center until 8 am so I am still hoping things get started tonight, although I have not had any contractions today. I feel ready, I guess baby is not quite ready. When the midwife checked today I was 4 cm, very soft but baby had popped back out of my pelvis so who knows?!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 AM

My baby keeps popping back out of my pelvis- I didn't know they did that! My MW was amused when I was surprised.

She's back from vacation, which is good- I did want her to "deliver" the baby, I was just also so done, I was ready to have a stranger do it too.

Anybody else getting movements from the baby that feel like wacked-out contractions? What is she DOING in there???

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM

I am such a wimp compared to most of you!! I was induced a week early with my son because I was sick of working 12+ hrs on my feet as a nurse, and it actually was a very enjoyable birth compared to my first. This LO, however, has been very stubborn. I have had prodromal labor for a good month now, (which was a new experience to me) and so I figured that he'd come early. I am due Sat. July 11th, so I have a few days to go yet. But yesterday at the dr office she asked if I had any questions after examining me. And I immediately said "How much longer do I have to go?". So---the plan is that if I don't go into labor by Monday, the 13th (my birthday!!!), she will induce me. See part of the problem is that I don't want to be off of work until baby actually arrives as I don't want to cut in on that precious 12 wks with baby. And so I am working three 8hr shifts on my feet a week yet. I was actually hoping for a "natural" start to labor, but we've already tried stripping my membranes (last week), along with all the other good old home methods! It just seems like he doesn't want to ever come now!!

User Tag List