#31 of 40 Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
... the nice thing for people to say is "how exciting! All the best!"
or "take care of yourself!"
I have gotten a few of those- I can tollerate that.

It's funny that people didn't start stalking me till I was a week away from my EDD. Before that, nobody really said anything.

I woke up to "No baby yet?" from my Auntie M on my Facebook this morning. After this thread, it made me laugh more than anything- but I was surprised she didn't know she's on my list of people to call when the baby "gets here."

I explained that I had 3 lists. There's the "Tell Right Away" - which is for people who are going to be involved in the birth. "Tell as soon as the baby is here." - That's mostly my Dad and brother. And then there is "Tell at a decent hour" - which will be everybody I consider a close friend or family member. They don't need me to call them at 3am.

I'll also likely update my FaceBook as soon as I'm in REAL labor, so they'll be "in the loop"... everybody just wants to be a part of it I guess!

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

#32 of 40 Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM

Oh! And before we knew the baby's gender, I told people, "I don't know... a boy, a girl... maybe a lizard... I just hope it's mine!"

#33 of 40 Old 07-07-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodNamesGone View Post
For a week, my mom answered her phone, "Are you in labor???"
Say "YES!" And start screaming your head off an making obnoxious "pushing" noises. Play a tape of a recorded baby crying (there's one online that's for getting pets used to the sound)...

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#34 of 40 Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierpsych View Post
Say "YES!" And start screaming your head off an making obnoxious "pushing" noises. Play a tape of a recorded baby crying (there's one online that's for getting pets used to the sound)...
Or, "Wait... wait... *grunt* Nah, just gas."

#35 of 40 Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 AM

My new favorite is seeing people that I know, and having them look at me and say, "Did you have that baby yet?" Today I finally told someone, "Yah, she's with DH I'm just still fat" The look of shock was totally worth it.

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#36 of 40 Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 AM

I get a lot of comments about how close together my kids are going to be (21 months) and how horrible it is going to be to have a baby while my toddler is going through her "terrible twos".
I also get a lot of people telling me that the baby dropped. Then I have to explain that I am just carrying really low and my belly looks a little funny this pregnancy. Thanks for making me feel like a cute mama.

Lovin my Hubby , Serena (10/07)::, and Cedar( 07/09)
#37 of 40 Old 07-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop View Post
I get a lot of comments about how close together my kids are going to be (21 months) and how horrible it is going to be to have a baby while my toddler is going through her "terrible twos".
I get this constantly. People are always asking me how old DS is and how am I going to "handle" him and a new baby!!?? I always say with love, kindness and patience.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#38 of 40 Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM

My MIL asked me if they've changed my due date and if the dr is expecting the baby early or late???? I didn't know how to respond. I just kind of looked cluelessly at her and said, how would they know that? And she replied, that they do that now, you know, since they'll induce or schedule a c-section based on if the baby is ready or not.

Thank goodness we have such competent doctors who can tell when a baby is "ready" :

I'm getting pretty tired of the "you're huge" or "you look tired" or "your feet are so swollen" comments as well.
#39 of 40 Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Overall, I do have to say people have been exceptionally nice to me, especially now but also throughout my pregnancy. There is a lot of sympathy out here in Las Vegas for a *very* pregnant woman in July when it's hotter than hot.

That being said, I do have to roll my eyes when I go through this conversation regularly:

Curious onlooker: What are you having?
Me: I don't know. We didn't find out.
CO: Oh, it's a girl. I just know.
Me: Um, alright.
CO: *gives their strange reason for being sure I'm carrying a girl when the only person in the world who knows is my OB*
Me: Um, sure, that sounds about right. *eyes rolling* Well, you've got a 50/50 shot that your theory is correct. Thanks for playing!

My mother insists I'm having a girl, has given me soooo many reasons why she knows this. It's to a point that I *want* a boy just so I don't have to hear from her "I told you so", like she had some divine parental knowledge yet to be imparted to me as the mother of the child I'm carrying.

And the first real doozy I've had thus far from FIL yesterday: "So what day is the baby coming?" Um how in the heck would I know - don't you know?

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#40 of 40 Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM

If you total up the weight of the things that are in my uterus right now, I have most likely actually lost body weight this pregnancy, having only gained 10-12 lbs. (And I am overweight, so that is a good thing.)

One of my mom's coworkers told me, "Oh, you're going to have the baby any day, I can tell because of the puffiness in your face." It pissed me off so much! If anything my face was thinner than usual, and everyone who knows me has been telling me how good I look! Why would you say that when you have no comparison because you've never met me before? Why would you say that ever?

NOW my face has gotten puffy, a month later at 41 weeks.

But you should see people's faces when they ask when I'm due and I say, "10 days ago."

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page