Am I the only one who is... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...praying and hoping for a late baby??? Lol! We are having a HB, and my mom will be coming over to help out and hang with the kids. Then, since we can not afford for DH to take more than one day off work, she will be coming over while he is at work to help out and take the kids for a little bit after baby is born... So, she is going camping from tomorrow until next Thursday. Then we (DH and I) have the most important plans ever on that Saturday (the first time we can go to see Harry Potter in theaters-lol) so baby can not come before then. Then I am due on that monday or tuesday... DH has the following Friday off, so really, it would be best if baby would just be born at the soonest on the 23rd-lol! My last babies came at 6 and 1 days before my DD, but one was altered with pitocin and the epi, and i had my membranes stripped with the other, so I really hope I do not go early this timehttp://img.diaperswappers.com/images/smilie/frown.gif Sorry for the long confusing post-lol!

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#2 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 12:55 PM

I was hoping for a late baby until now that i am actually late i am stressing about inductions!
#3 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 01:24 PM

I was hoping all along for a late baby. Because I'm a teacher having a baby over summer, the way I get paid and taking FML is kind of weird. Every day I go over my due date adds up to sick days I can take later on and get paid for. Most of my maternity leave once the school year starts will be non paid, so every sick day I can take is great.

But at this point I'm wanting to have the baby at any time. I'm due on Saturday. My next OB appointment is next Wednesday, and at that point my doc will start discussing induction. He is nervous about me having a large baby, and I've put him off until 40 weeks, but Wednesday I'll have to put him off another week. He'll probably want me to come in for extra NSTs, maybe do an u/s to check for placenta deterioration and/or baby size - I don't know what he'll want me to do, I'm just guessing. I really want to avoid an induction, and won't submit to one unless I have a decent bishop score, which right now I don't. Baby isn't showing hardly any signs of being ready, and it's making me nervous.

Jordana, mama to almost 8 year old Evan, 3 year old Atticus, and 1 year old Tabitha - my gifts from heaven

#4 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 02:01 PM

I'm torn. My ILs are in town for the month of July, and as much as I want this baby out now, it would be better for my sanity if the baby stayed inside as long as possible so I could be away from my ILs. Once the baby comes, I'll be stuck at home with them hovering.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#5 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm not really hoping for a late baby (worried about pressure to induce, etc.), but I do want her to hold out until pretty close to my due date. One, we're still working on getting DS's new room done and it will be a lot easier to do that before the baby comes, and two, my doula is out of town from when I turn 38 weeks until I turn 39 (she has a backup, but I don't know her as well). I still feel pretty good, so I'm okay staying preggo for a couple more weeks!

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#6 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiegirl1974 View Post
I'm torn. My ILs are in town for the month of July, and as much as I want this baby out now, it would be better for my sanity if the baby stayed inside as long as possible so I could be away from my ILs. Once the baby comes, I'll be stuck at home with them hovering.
oooh, that is a tough one! When are you due?

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#7 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM

I'm just hoping that the baby comes no earlier than his due date. He is due on the 24th and my birthday is the 21st. I would much rather have a leo and not have two cancers in the house

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

#8 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 View Post
oooh, that is a tough one! When are you due?
Not for another 1.5 weeks. But I went into labor on my due date with DD, so I assume I'll be a week early with this one.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#9 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I was hoping for a late baby until now that i am actually late i am stressing about inductions!
I had preterm issues, so I spent 6 months hoping I'd make it to 37 weeks to have a HB, and then once I made it, now I realize that in two weeks from yesterday (my due date), I'm going to be faced with post-dates issues. Never can win huh?

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
#10 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM

Well, I'm hoping for either an early baby (like about 38 weeks) or a slightly late baby (about 41 weeks). Then we avoid my niece's birthday by a good amount. Over all I don't really care. They live 1000 miles away and will most likely not be around during the birthdays anyway. I'm not doing anything about it, it's just kinda a wish.
At this point, once I hit 37 weeks, he can come as soon as he'd like. I'm not going to complain even if he is born on his cousin's birthday. LOL (Ok, I would like to avoid that, but what are you going to do? )

I in no way want to go to 42 weeks though. That puts me in the hospital instead of the birth center and also is too close to my dad's birthday. Both things are to be highly avoided.

Leigh

#11 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 09:12 PM

Yeah, not hoping for a late baby but definitely glad for what I get. Ds #1 was 10 weeks early so term babies are nice
I'm due on Saturday and if I get there I may start hoping for something to happen kinda soon...
Ds#2 was 6 days early which was a nice amount.
#12 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 11:41 PM

I am hoping to avoid specific days - DH is interviewing for a job (not one that he *needs* but it would be an interesting opportunity to have) and he has a few days that he needs to keep open for that. So I am hoping to avoid those days. It would probably be best for the baby to wait until after all of that is over, but that puts me at over 41 weeks (entirely possible but so annoying as I am so done).

love.gif

#13 of 13 Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 PM

I was feeling that way about a week ago and now and 38.5 weeks I am D-O-N-E. Even though my birth tub doesn't get here until Saturday I am NOT going to complain if I don't have a waterbirth because my babe comes before that. Although I am kind of doubting I will be birthing anytime soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page