carpal tunnel syndrome anyone? oh joy! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-07-2009, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never made it to this point in pregnancy with my son (he was born at 36.4 weeks). So, I never really got physically uncomfortable last time. I'm now 39.1 weeks, and the last few days, I've started getting symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.

It's not really all that 'painful', just annoying. It's mainly just tingling and numbness of my right fingers. Its worse when I'm sleeping of course, so now my hips AND my hand bothers me at night.

So, yeah. Anytime this baby wants to be born would be totally fine with me!

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-07-2009, 04:07 PM

Come on baby! Your mama is tired and not comfy

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#3 of 6 Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you have developed carpal tunnel.

I have it even when I'm not pregnant so I know how you feel. Hopefully it will go away soon once your baby is here.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#4 of 6 Old 07-07-2009, 04:22 PM

I just started getting this YESTERDAY! Isn't it irritating? I haven't had it since my first pregnancy, and then it was only at night. Now I get it when I'm at the computer! I hope it doesn't get worse, and goes away after I deliver.

Nicole - Mom to FOUR healthy, happy, wild boys.
#5 of 6 Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah, I've had it for the last 2 weeks and only in my pinky and ring fingers on my right hand. I can't wait to get rid of all the extra fluids that are making me swell so this goes away.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#6 of 6 Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 PM

I've got this bad-- for the past 6 weeks, in both hands the thumb, pointer & middle fingers are numb, tingly and in a lot of pain that radiates up my wrist sometimes all the way to my elbow. Nights are worse and in the morning my fingers don't function at all-- can't close my hands or pick anything up. It is ridiculous and getting more painful the more my fingers swell. I'm actually worried about how fast it will go away and picking up/holding a wriggly infant and breast feeding. Recently my hips have started to be in a lot of pain when I sleep, always have to roll from one side to the other, never on my back and man in the morning, my hips ache! I have another 1.5 weeks 'til my "due date" and I am desperate for this to come to a close!

Flo, SAHM to a fearless, crazy, off-the-wall DD (7/22/09) and Power Yoga Instructor the rest of the time   Expecting #2 in July 2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page