Call me Nesty McNesterton! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
holycow- I am NOT a cleaning fan AT ALL and Im like a reverse Taz today- a whirlwind of clean!!!

This sooo didnt happen with #1!!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#2 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM

I see things I want to do but just don't have the energy to do. Have fun getting your house ship shape!!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#3 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM

I so feel the exact opposite .. I am content to sit and knit and watch the children play. I wish I had a little motivation!
#4 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Yeah, I've had this for weeks.
I scrubbed the kitchen yesterday, vacuumed after dinner. I've been washing windows and baseboards and vacuuming and....I get super hyper about it too.
I am NOT like this normally and in fact can be pretty lazy about cleaning. Dh normally gets pushed to the limit and does a bunch.
I've also been buying cleaning products and if there is a commercial for some cleaning thing on tv I get all enthralled, even though I don't even use most chemical cleaners.
It's absolutely ridiculous and weird. And no I had nothing like this with either of my previous pregnancies.
Hey, at least my house is clean
#5 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 12:07 PM

Yeah, my house has never been this clean, nor my freezer so full! Last night at 1 am before going to bed I just had to vaccuum the living room rug.

CPST & mom

#6 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

I have been going at it so much more now that I'm done with work- I love it! I wish I could keep it forever!

I have a toddler! 7/27/09
#7 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Hey Nesty, you live anywhere nearby?

I SOOO want to nest! I want to clean and cook, etc. but nothing yet. I even finished work last week but I am content to rad, exercise, sleep, and eat. Even my crafting projects are getting done at a snail's pace.

Any day now nesting will kick in, right?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#8 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Good for you! I get very intense, short-lived bursts of inspiration to nest, but if I don't get right up and do what I am inspired to do right. that. second. it passes! The other day I did our whole bathroom... every drawer, cupboard, the linens, etc. as well as scrubbing the floor and baseboards with a toothbrush, disinfecting everything and putting pretty candles and photos on the countertops since I think I will labor a bit in my tub. While I was doing it, I thought "this is great, I should do this in EVERY room..." and then I was done and so wiped out. Maybe tomorrow....

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#9 of 10 Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

LOL- yea, that is kinda how it happened here too- I busted my behind cleaning the major stuff- bathrooms are shiny, kitchen is scrubbed down...most of the flors are vacuumed.... lol most... the vac is sitting in the middle of the bedroom (cord cant reach to do all of upstairs so I stopped where the cord ran out hahahah)

Its coming in waves, but Im happy with whatever I can get done- lol!!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#10 of 10 Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 PM

I think I've cleaned nearly every surface in my house over the last four weeks, and that is SO not like me. But I feel compelled to clean. The feeling is a combination of hormones driving me forward and the fear of visitors coming to our house and seeing how we really live! Normally I hate cleaning more than anything because it's such a waste of time. As soon as I clean, the house is trashed within a couple of hours. And yes, that's happening again, but the nesting instinct is keeping me sane for the meantime.

Even so, I clean for a while and it TOTALLY wipes me out for a few hours. That's the part I don't like.

Kristin

Mama to Laurel '06 & high needs Will '09
Crunchy in mainstream suburbia | Sleep-deprived WAHM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page