I'm gettin' sliced N diced tomorrow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tomorrow is my c-section.... it's at 1pm... In ~18 hours, I will have a baby.

Surgery is scary.... but the thought of me being a mom scares me even more!

How am I going to do this???

I've been having nightmares that I will fail at breast feeding, or that my boobs don't work right. I'm so anxious.

Help!

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#2 of 8 Old 07-08-2009, 09:57 PM

BlueWolf! You will do fine, even though I totally agree that it is scary. Your body know what to do- just keep repeating this in your head. The slicing and dicing will be fast and produce a beautiful healthy little baby that loves you and your boobs will spring into action!

fwiw- I too am scared about bfing and being a parent. Believe me, every day this is what I think about more than wishing the babe was here. We are just naive and we will be thinking about how blissful we are when the babes are actually here!

Stay strong mama!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#3 of 8 Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
BlueWolf! You will do fine, even though I totally agree that it is scary. Your body know what to do- just keep repeating this in your head. The slicing and dicing will be fast and produce a beautiful healthy little baby that loves you and your boobs will spring into action!

fwiw- I too am scared about bfing and being a parent. Believe me, every day this is what I think about more than wishing the babe was here. We are just naive and we will be thinking about how blissful we are when the babes are actually here!

Stay strong mama!
Thank you! First time mommy is so scary... I just wish I knew what to really expect. I'm such a control freak that not knowing is just the most horrible thing ever.

We're going to be mommies.... that's so WILD!

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#4 of 8 Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 PM

.... make sure you know the number of your local La Leche League Leader, and a lactation consultant. Your breasts will work if you use them right and have the support you need

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#5 of 8 Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM

The c-section will be over with before you know it. Once your spinal is in everything happens rather quickly - in about 20-30 minutes you will be holding your LO!!

I was a nervous wreck about the breastfeeding. Take advantage of lactation consultants and the wisdom of other BFing moms. You will do fine! If you want it, it will happen. Just relax and get support.

My Dh's uncle said something to me that I carry in my heart every day. Right before DS was born, he said "You think you know what love is. But you have no idea". Boy, was he right! That is really the best description of new parenthood that I have ever heard. That's it in a nutshell. It will blow you away - in the best, most very wonderful way ever! ::

Heal well and let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to it!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#6 of 8 Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 AM

You can do it! And as the pp said, the love you will feel is unbelievable! I am excited for you (and me - it happens every time you become a mom again!)! And as pps said work with the lactation consultant at the hospital and contact a LLL or some kind of breastfeeding support group in your area. Other BFing women are awesome to have around!

Becoming a mama is amazing. I will be thinking about you tomorrow!
#7 of 8 Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Thinking of you... update us when you get a chance! :

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#8 of 8 Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Hope you had a wonderful birth! If you do wind up with breastfeeding issues, just make sure to get help! You can do it!

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page