Getting Frustrated whine! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So I just need to vent for a moment. Hope you ladies dont mind

I went to the midwife on Tuesday and my blood pressure had significantly increased. They tested my urine for protein and didnt find any so they sent me home just telling me to take it easy. Wed. I started to get dizzy at work and was getting a headache so I decided to call the midwife and get checked out again. My blood pressure was still going up (now at 142/102) I havent gotten my test results back yet, but they have put me on bedrest until the baby comes.

I feel like I am so close. I have had hard painfull contractions on and off since Saturday. My system has been flushing itself like a mad man And on Monday night I got this burst of energy from nowhere. It was the best thing in the world, I could touch my toes again and do stretches!!! Went for a brisk mile walk! I havent been able to do that stuff in months.

And now after the midwife checked yesterday and swept my membranes to get things moving, I am 4cm and 80% effaced, and feel like I am going to be stuck in this bed forever! (To all of you bedresters out there. . .you are amazing and wonderful women!) I just keep getting my hopes up, and then nothing happens. I know that I am being ridiculous, because chances are this baby will be here in the next week or two, which is definately not forever. I am just feeling ultra sorry for myself today.

Thanks for letting me get that whine out. Just need to put it somewhere.

Gretchen , Mom to DD (7/09) DS (7/11) Expecting #3 12-14
#2 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had problems with my blood pressure towards the end of all of my pregnancies. This time around I tried to find as much as I could to be proactive about it. I was taking a magnesium malate supplement, doing the cream of tartar with water and lemon juice thing, and started going for acupuncture. Not sure which one worked, or if it was a combination. But my blood pressure stayed not scary bad for me.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#3 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 12:20 PM

I was on bedrest for almost 12 weeks before DD was born. Although it was hard at times, it was totally worth it.

Feel free to vent whenever you need.

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
#4 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 PM

I'm sure I can safely say, we all feel for you. It can feel like forever at times. Heh, I find myself feeling like that all the time, and it's only a week over EDD, that's not THAT long when you think about it.

Keep getting these things off your chest, it helps to deal and put yourself back in perspective- my worst times were when I didn't say anything. Now that I've been whining a little, I feel a lot better about it all.

Blarg, blarg-blargity- BLARG!!!

#5 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 06:02 PM

I was on bedrest for 15 weeks with my first. It sucks, but you will get through it. I know how hard it is - especially at this point when you really need to move around to get things going and feel comfortable. Lots of mama. You will do great.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page