TMI I know, but I have to ask - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EDD 7/16 with #2. My first labor started with water gush & active labor. Could it be more obvious? This time I'm questioning everything my body does. Is this it, what was that? Very unlike me.
So today (and here's the TMI) My mucus plug introduced itself to me. I'm officially waddling, cramping and BH has increased. Nothing coming regularly, just letting me know they are there. My question how do I know what all this other stuff now coming out of me is? It feels like I might have a slow leak. The "slickness" feels familiar from my last water break. I've laid down and nothing pools. So it must not be my water. Right?
I wouldn't even question anything but after finding out I'm GBS+ and deciding to opt for antibiotics I have this 4 hr window looming over me (that I've created all on my own), and the 18hr water break scenario too.
FYI: I'm working with midwives and a doula at a birthing center.
I think I'm just looking for support from you ladies out there.
#2 of 5 Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM

This is my third pregnancy and I have been wondering if my water has broke a number of times this week, there just seems to be lots of fluid!? When my water broke the first time I was obviously in active labor and my second labor was very obvious with the gush so I don't know what to expect this time. I would suggest if you are worried about it to contact your MW. Good luck!
#3 of 5 Old 07-10-2009, 01:13 PM

I've heard that they can easily test your fluid to see if its amniotic or "other" and its just a litmus test or something. Definitely call the mw!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#4 of 5 Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM

I'm in the same boat, my DS came with gush then 45 mins and he was here. This time I've had contractions off and on (2-3 mins for 10 hours one night) and LOTS of leaking of "stuff". My MW gave me some pH paper at my homevisit to test the junk coming out of me, I've sworn my water broke several times but it hasn't, just lots of goo. Lost my plug 3 weeks ago, still nothing but goo, no water. Ask your MW for some pH paper to save you to crazy wondering.
#5 of 5 Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It's probably not your amniotic fluid.... often after the mucus plug (one of the protective barriers) comes out, your body greatly increases its production of watery discharge (called leukorrhea) which is full of white blood cells to keep everything clean in there. I lost my mucus plug on Sunday (all full of blood and everything) and since then have had to wear a pantyliner to keep dry.

Hope your body (and mine, too) gives you a clear sign soon! :

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page